+2
azzurres
archwooohh
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Basel vs. Manchester United - Page 2 Empty Re: Basel vs. Manchester United

Post by azzurres Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:39 pm

This game will be shown for years as an example against complacency.

Ridiculous is not even strong enough to describe the character of the team today, Anderson is really bad when not paired with Cleverley, Young has been trying all game to get on his right foot to curl a ball in the net, Berbatov looks like he does not care anymore, and Ferdinand, won't even say anything about him as he has been a great servant, but now is the time for him to let his place go.

Expect Basel to get hammered at the return, they will never have a second half as good as this one, ever.

And shit happens, Barca lost to that Russian team a few years ago, didn't stop them to win the CL.

azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:30 am

seriously was that ref just the most positionally challenged ref ever? guy was standing at like top of 18 yard box just in the middle of field for last 20 mins i was *bleep* screaming at my tv at that *bleep* to gtfo of the way
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 am

I don't know why you are surprised.

You've been in excellent form this season, GOING FORWARD. that's key, but in all your games you've allowed way too much space and opportunities to your opponents, but luckily for you, they haven't been half as clinical as Unite have been.

Crouchy could have easily had a hattrick on the weekend, same with Torres last week...it was bound to happen that finally one team takes those chances. Having said that, I don't mind you lot being as open as you've been defensively on October 15th :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 am

This is a good wake up call, and it happened in game where we can afford for it to happen. With a great start like that to season, we were bound to get complacent.

Rooney, Hernandez weren't needed today we scored 3 goals, we've just been so bad defensively since Arsenal. Jones pressurises way too much for CB, we should try him at DMF or he needs to improve tactically, but he wasn't the only bad one in defense, they all pretty much sucked.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I agree Azzurres. I am appalled by that level of complacency too. At 2-0 up, the players thought it would be a walk in the park and started lose concentration, even at 2-2 they looked as though they thought it would be easy to get the winner.

It only took Basel to get the 3rd goal that it finally woke the players up and they started to play, and thankfully we got a draw...and even could have won it at the end....but by then, it was far too late.

This game was definitely a wake up call and I can bet everything that SAF ripped them a new one after the game. That performance was totally out of character. At 2-0 up, we should never ever find ourselves in a position of being 2-3 down at OT. Totally unacceptable, especially against a team like Basel( with all due respect).

We got two games against Otelul, gives us a great opportunity to get back to back wins..and lets hope Basel and Benfica play out a boring 0-0 draw in both their games. That happens and we're in 1st place.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Xhaka..Xhaka to Frei..Frei to Frei LOOL ohhhhhh what a goalllllllllllllllll.....I told u guys ...be carefull...there are 4Albanians in Basel Wink ...LOOOL

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum