One of the Best Transfers WRT Arsenal

+3
Sri
urbaNRoots
Quinten Metsys
7 posters

Go down

One of the Best Transfers WRT Arsenal Empty One of the Best Transfers WRT Arsenal

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:26 pm

West Ham United have signed goalkeeper Manuel Almunia on an initial one-month emergency loan from Arsenal after he slipped down the pecking order at the Emirates.

Almunia, 34, has arrived to cover for current West Ham No. 1 Robert Green, who faces around six weeks out with a knee cartilage injury.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce told West Ham TV: "We've been hot on the phone and secured an excellent signing in the short-term in Manuel Almunia from Arsenal. It's a big 'thank you' again to Arsene Wenger and Arsenal for allowing us to get such a high-class and experienced goalkeeper to come in and fill-in for Robert for the time being.

"I think he hasn't had as many games at Arsenal as he would have liked so he wants to play first-team football at the end of the day.

"We hope that huge amount of experience he has had at Arsenal and the football he has played on a regular basis will stand us in good stead here at West Ham and more and more clean sheets will come from his presence in goal. That will obviously help us to secure more victories while Robert is out."

Almunia becomes West Ham's 13th signing since the arrival of manager Allardyce in June, following Abdoulaye Faye, Kevin Nolan, Joey O'Brien, Matt Taylor, George McCartney, John Carew, Sam Baldock, Brian Montenegro, Papa Bouba Diop, David Bentley, Guy Demel and Arsenal team-mate Henri Lansbury in joining the club.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This IMO is the best transfer involving Arsenal this year :coffee: BTW any almunia fans here?None I guess......Almost all the dead weight like Denilson,Almunia etc., are making a move away from Arsenal albeit on a temporary basis
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

One of the Best Transfers WRT Arsenal Empty Re: One of the Best Transfers WRT Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:34 pm

YUHU, doubt they will keep him though. And Sam Alardyce is thanking Wenger lol, we thank you Sam, THANK YOU.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

One of the Best Transfers WRT Arsenal Empty Re: One of the Best Transfers WRT Arsenal

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Big Sam has at last done something good for Arsenal....
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Somebody pinch me..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:12 pm

srigooner wrote:Somebody pinch me..
:brickwall:
That good enough?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Big sam Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:52 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
srigooner wrote:Somebody pinch me..
:brickwall:
That good enough?

Close enough. Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Finally.
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Time to give Sczcesny that #1 jersey...
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Aaannndd here is the b*tch part of the deal. Its for ONE MONTH ONLY. What it means is no Blondie influence in the dressing room. I wonder how we'll perform this one month, esp defensively. If we end up with 5 clean sheets, I'd pay to get rid of Blondie.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum