lenear1030
tsgooner1
EL Patron
Amar
Jay29
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Arsenal: Another defeat caused by poor defending - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Arsenal: Another defeat caused by poor defending

Post by Eman Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:05 pm

VanPersecutor wrote:Also, Gervinho MUST be told to alter his style of play. From what I've seen, he'd rather run straight at 3 defenders while doing 10 stepovers and giving 15 touches than pass to an unmarked teammate in a goal-scoring position.
I was actually pretty happy when Arshavin came on for him. He didn't touch the ball much, but he understands when to dribble, when to pass, and when to shoot.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Arsenal: Another defeat caused by poor defending - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Arsenal: Another defeat caused by poor defending

Post by Benry Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Too many excuses being made. Fact is Arsenal are not good enough, one of which is the lack of competition. There are far too many gaps in this Arsenal side that lack quality. No accountability, Arsenal are now transitioning to Everton status.

Depressing times really, our best players will be sold to generate the clubs survival. I never thought that I would see players who have bigger ambitions than the club. Look at Szczesny, Sagna, Song, Wilshere, Gibbs and Vermaelen. Their characters are bigger than the club and it is sad to see.

Spurs have greater depth, and as I type this with a heavy heart greater quality.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:44 pm

why dont u post much anymore man?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Benry wrote:Too many excuses being made. Fact is Arsenal are not good enough, one of which is the lack of competition. There are far too many gaps in this Arsenal side that lack quality. No accountability, Arsenal are now transitioning to Everton status.

Depressing times really, our best players will be sold to generate the clubs survival. I never thought that I would see players who have bigger ambitions than the club. Look at Szczesny, Sagna, Song, Wilshere, Gibbs and Vermaelen. Their characters are bigger than the club and it is sad to see.

Spurs have greater depth, and as I type this with a heavy heart greater quality.
During our barren spell, we have had a habit of following every competitive season up with a somewhat noncompetitive one. I am going to take this game with a pinch of salt, and I think by the end of the season the team will show us how good they are. Saying Tottenham have a better overall squad with more depth is, to me, the ultimate knee-jerk (especially since we were better today). Don't stop believing my friend Wink
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Eman wrote:
Benry wrote:Too many excuses being made. Fact is Arsenal are not good enough, one of which is the lack of competition. There are far too many gaps in this Arsenal side that lack quality. No accountability, Arsenal are now transitioning to Everton status.

During our barren spell, we have had a habit of following every competitive season up with a somewhat noncompetitive one. I am going to take this game with a pinch of salt, and I think by the end of the season the team will show us how good they are. Saying Tottenham have a better overall squad with more depth is, to me, the ultimate knee-jerk (especially since we were better today). Don't stop believing my friend Wink

Scums do have better depth.....i would take Pavlunchenko instead Chamack and Corcuka instead of Jenkinson

Gallas instead of Squillaci, Fat huddlestone instead of Diaby.

They have a better squad.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Eman wrote:

Scums do have better depth.....i would take Pavlunchenko instead Chamack and Corcuka instead of Jenkinson

Their squad is far better than our's No sad times
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:why dont u post much anymore man?

If that post is directed at me bro, I have just been crazy busy I really have meant to post more I even wanted to do a tactical analysis thread pre and post match chalkboards et al be a pundit with actual sense, I know Goonerjay has his post match thread so I don't know if that will work out.

Today I had to post I have seen one of my favourite players taken out by a f****** c***, too many men bottle it again and my fellow Gunners in pain. This day has been a par.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:00 am

On reflection, I don't really go into depth on tactics and formations in my post-match threads. I tend to just address the biggest issues; what went wrong, why and what we could have done to solve the problem. Just basic stuff, really.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 am

Eman wrote:

During our barren spell, we have had a habit of following every competitive season up with a somewhat noncompetitive one. I am going to take this game with a pinch of salt, and I think by the end of the season the team will show us how good
they are. Saying Tottenham have a better overall squad with more depth is, to me, the ultimate knee-jerk (especially since we were better today). Don't stop believing my friend Wink

No knee jerk I am afraid, I don't do knee jerk at all my posting is rational and composed. I look at a number of facts I look at the drive within the club, I look at how the players don't "wear" the Arsenal shirt and I look at how Arsenal have squandered their quality whilst keeping the main tumors in the club.

How poor was Ramsey, Arteta, Gervinho, Arshavin, Jenkinson, Walcott and Benayoun. This is the North London Derby for crying out loud, if it were me or you on the pitch I have no doubt that a casual attitude would be allowed.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:19 am

gunnerlistick wrote:Scums do have better depth.....i would take Pavlunchenko instead Chamack and Corcuka instead of Jenkinson

Their squad is far better than our's No sad times
I only really agree with the Corluka-Jenkinson and the Gallas-Squillaci comparisons, and Gallas isn't their 5th choice CB either.

But I can see why people would feel this way. Personally I think we were the better team today and if we tried harder we could be in a lot better of a position in the league, but I guess until we actually have some good performances it's hard to expect much.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:And by poor defending, I don't necessarily means the players the played in defence though they are certainly not without fault.

Wasn't this just a typical North London Derby? Neither team could defend well on the day
I dreamt that it ended 11-10 our way :facepalm:.
If only.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:30 am

Dont worry, our season starts now after the international break. (until our next loss)
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:02 pm

What a S**** 4 arsenal....it's too much ,now ! Lack of communication = FAIL
just damn.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:04 pm

GOALOL, READ YOUR PM.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:10 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:GOALOL, READ YOUR PM.
Ya..>CHYEAH.< u know Razz

Last edited by boss on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:49 pm

3 things to say:

Ramsey was very poor. Passing below standard.

Coquelin amazing. Shackled Modric very well.

Lose the 4-3-3 and utilise a 4-4-1-1
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 pm

we dont have the personel to play the possession game anymore, not without Wilshere.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:32 pm

true, we need willy bk
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Sure ,Willy is one of our TOP KEY players...but i'm afraid it's not just about him...we'r lacking in general -far away of our style ...No passion,no communications-passings-crossings ,strange mistakes, and I've noticed that we'r playing in panic in a way ,not as True Gunners should. BIG !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2