City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton
Fulham
Aston Villa
Sunderland

Notice how Aston Villa and Sunderland both missed out on the Europa League as well. Sunderland DRASTICALLY underperformed in the second half of the season and had a much more serious injury problem than Newcastle. If everything goes as its supposed to next season, then I definitely see them snatching a Europa League spot.

Who do you think you will displace Mole?

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Lille? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lille?

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:34

OLpower wrote:From the search I have made it appears Cabaye is going to earn around 60k€/week or 300 000€/months, that's the two numbers I have found.

It is obvious he left Lille just for the wages. Newcastle has a story but they are not going to be contending for the PL before a moment.

he also realizes that in the next two years, they will lose gervinho, sow, hazard, rami etc... dude is taking his chance
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:34

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:how did arsenal go from Hazard to Gervinho, i reckon he is more mature but i thought Wenger liked talent? oh well...

Hazard is way too expensive and Gervinho just have a year remaining and wants absolutely to leave while Hazard wants to stay one more year at least.

I was watching the World Cup and it was obvious in his commentaries that Wenger liked Gervinho a lot.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:34

OLpower wrote:From the search I have made it appears Cabaye is going to earn around 60k€/week or 300 000€/months, that's the two numbers I have found.

It is obvious he left Lille just for the wages. Newcastle has a story but they are not going to be contending for the PL before a moment.

Oh right i did'nt realise he was getting that little he expected him to be getting atleast 20 k a week which is why i called it bullsh*t lol.

@Nick they dont need him either lol there goes my HBA-Gamiero-Gervinho dream Crying or Very sad

Iceman wrote:Well, the top places in the EPL table go like this:

United
Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton
Fulham
Aston Villa
Sunderland

Notice how Aston Villa and Sunderland both missed out on the Europa League as well. Sunderland DRASTICALLY underperformed in the second half of the season and had a much more serious injury problem than Newcastle. If everything goes as its supposed to next season, then I definitely see them snatching a Europa League spot.

Who do you think you will displace Mole?

I did say if we get the player's we are rumoured and if we do i dont consider Villa, Fulham, Everton any better than us tbh. Imo actually only Everton can be argued to be superior even at this stage.

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:39; edited 2 times in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:37

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

he also realizes that in the next two years, they will lose gervinho, sow, hazard, rami etc... dude is taking his chance

Taking his chance of what? Of not playing the champion's league again?
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:42

of making money while hoping he can step up his game and join a big club soon in the future. what if he goes to the CL, they flop, and he goes under the radar again, earning his same 80k a month? he is young...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:43

You might have a case for Villa and Everton, because they have declined; however, if you take their form and performances from previous years then I don't think that Newcastle would be better than them.

Also, I can't see how Newcastle are better than Fulham, who have played almost the whole season without Zamora. Its like Chelsea playing the whole season without Drogba or the difference that RVP makes at Arsenal when he's actually fit.

We will have to see how everything pans out I suppose. Its not like these teams will remain quiet in the transfer market either. EPL is getting extremely interesting and a lot more competitive.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:45

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:of making money while hoping he can step up his game and join a big club soon in the future. what if he goes to the CL, they flop, and he goes under the radar again, earning his same 80k a month? he is young...

Lille is currently a lot more on the radar than Newcastle. He left purely for money and that's understandable but we should not pretend it's for anything else.

Lille is probably weakening even if they seem to have smart replacements so it won't hurt us but still. When you are champion and that you lose some of your key players to average clubs it is not a good sign. They will get their new stadium and with the CL will try to beef up their financial power.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:47

oh well, just trying to get into his head... money was a big deal, no doubt
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:50

Iceman wrote:You might have a case for Villa and Everton, because they have declined; however, if you take their form and performances from previous years then I don't think that Newcastle would be better than them.

Also, I can't see how Newcastle are better than Fulham, who have played almost the whole season without Zamora. Its like Chelsea playing the whole season without Drogba or the difference that RVP makes at Arsenal when he's actually fit.

We will have to see how everything pans out I suppose. Its not like these teams will remain quiet in the transfer market either. EPL is getting extremely interesting and a lot more competitive.

Or Newcastle without Carroll Wink

But im inclined to agree with your last paragraph it will be very interesting i do think we have a chance have being the best of the bunch behind the top 6 but we will see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri 10 Jun 2011, 21:52

Lille will be big, appearantly.

Valencia's not average either.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome