pUsHa
red&blacklegion
Superpeppe
Chagur
c_bernard10
PinePHresh
14 posters

Go down

Ibrahimovic: "My career is nearly over" - "I am becoming tired of football" Empty Ibrahimovic: "My career is nearly over" - "I am becoming tired of football"

Post by PinePHresh Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:56 pm

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has admitted he is starting to think about life after football.

The Sweden striker, who is in the squad to play Finland and Netherlands in their Group E Euro 2012 qualifiers, admits he is not getting any younger.
Don't Miss

However, the 30-year-old believes he can still play on for a little bit longer before calling it a day.

"I am starting to get old, time has gone by fast, but I still want to play for another year or so," Ibrahimovic is quoted as saying by Sportbladet.

"Now I feel more mature and I also have two children now. Time has flown by very quickly and I have changed many teams during my career.

"Everything has just gone by me. Once I retire from football then I will begin to enjoy life.

"I don't know when I will retire, but I want to continue playing for just a little bit longer."

Ibrahimovic was involved in the 2-0 Serie A loss to Juventus, however, he has played down the significance of the result in Turin.

"I don't think we could have done any more in that game," he said.

Sweden play Finland in Helsinki on Friday and are currently second in the group behind Netherlands.

AC Milan attacker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has admitted that his passion for football is slowly fading and that playing the game now feels like a routine job to him.

The Sweden international recently declared that he is nearing the end of his career, and his latest comments further fuel speculation that he could hang up his boots in the not too distant future.
Don't Miss

"Football is no longer burning inside me like back in the days. Playing football has become more and more of a routine job for me," Ibrahimovic was quoted as saying by Il Corriere dello Sport.

"It's a matter of getting out there on the pitch, warm up, train and then back home again. However, before I always used to stay out there after training because there was always something to do.

"I am starting to become tired of football and am no longer motivated like before. Football was all I was thinking about when I was younger, but things are different now."

The 30-year-old has a contract with AC Milan until the summer of 2015.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/10/03/2694820/ac-milans-zlatan-ibrahimovic-my-career-is-nearly-over

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/10/05/2697303/ac-milans-zlatan-ibrahimovic-i-am-becoming-tired-of-football

PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Ibrahimovic: "My career is nearly over" - "I am becoming tired of football" Empty Re: Ibrahimovic: "My career is nearly over" - "I am becoming tired of football"

Post by c_bernard10 Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:03 pm

We are making a mistake building the team around him, because by time we finish and the team is ready to challenge, Ibra will leave and we will have to start over.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Ibrahimovic: "My career is nearly over" - "I am becoming tired of football" Empty Re: Ibrahimovic: "My career is nearly over" - "I am becoming tired of football"

Post by c_bernard10 Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:03 pm

But I guess we can replace him with a similar style player like Adebayor.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:54 pm

c_bernard10 wrote:But I guess we can replace him with a similar style player like Adebayor.
Adebayor- probably no
Berbatov, Toni, and Owen will be free. (and all are the champs.) Very Happy

Last edited by Chagur on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Toni????
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:21 pm

u guys forgot Amauri! hell most probably join us in Jan,he can atleast play 7-8 years for us !
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Good to see the humour is still present in our forum Very Happy
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Berbatov might not be a bad idea at all though.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:27 pm

red&blacklegion wrote:u guys forgot Amauri! hell most probably join us in Jan,he can atleast play 7-8 years for us !

Nah, he's not a champion Very Happy
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Amauri who?, i want bobo vieri.........
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Good for Ibra, hope he gives it all in last 2-3 years with us.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Fadi wrote:Amauri who?, i want bobo vieri.........

How about Goaliveira Laughing
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Poor mans PIPO.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:42 pm

he is fed up with results, i dont blame him. some rubbish players of ours arent prepared when called upon, hence the club, and good players are suffering as well and uninspired.

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:57 pm

ya I some how feel what he is trying to say, he might want to push the management to get some decent players.
The guy has made millions through the years and won the league in every club he played for, so it was obvious his move to Milan was for one reason and that is the CL, if he wont win it with Milan he wont win it ever, I cant see any CL contender making a move for him, and he knows this squad cant win it, so instead of going out in public making a "Rooney" he makes it this way.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Ibrahimovic for Tevez swap in January Razz

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 pm

That loss to Juve really rocked his confidence ...
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Baloteli would be the substitute i guess?

-------EL------
Pato----Balo

or

-----Mr Y------
Pato-----Balo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:00 am

I reckon we should go for Jovetic
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:49 am

He really took that defeat from Juve to the heart!!!
Guess we built & destroy his hopes
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

i had some good feelings about ibra, but it was quite a statement from ibra after juve game. seems he is fed up with latest results.

i see both as a good and bad thing, good because he clearly doesnt like loosing and he doesnt wants to be in a loosing side, and wants milan to start to get back in their feet.

bad thing, he looks uninspired, maybe distressed about our late form, and already starting to think ahead or whats the club stance on current form, or season ...maybe in a way questioning himself whether milan can win in the end of the season.

cant blame him for saying that actually. our squad is injured, old, out of form, lot of individual mistakes, inconsistent. cant expect to always think that ibra can win games on his own just like on his heydays, not at his current age.

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:33 am

Ibrahimovic: "My career is nearly over - I am becoming tired of football"

The big boy should have said that before he signed a contract with Milan!

Ibra is becoming a pain in the ass and his attitude after he left AJAX is getting by the year more worse and I'm starting to loose all my respect for him!

He is a professional and should behave like one!
dreamer
dreamer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum