Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career?

+5
Grande_Milano
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
Magricos
Mr Nick09
9 posters

Go down

Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career? Empty Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 am

Rijkaard was one of the best thing to happen to Barcelona at the beginning of the last decade. Took over the club, and after a difficult start, he turned it around and built an absolutely monstrous team. He went on to rack up all kind of trophies with Barca and started their most successful era in club football.

Since then...0, nada, nothing worth looking at his resume, no big clubs for him, disappointing results where he went.

How come such an illustrous manager just 7 years ago, look like such a scrub now?

Is reality out of barca realm so cruel? warning for pep?

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career? Empty Re: Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:58 am

He is converting to Islam so he can buy some time from the Saudi FA Laughing

I fully expect him sacked, if they fail to beat Thailand on tuesday

Back to top Go down

Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career? Empty Re: Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career?

Post by Magricos Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:25 am

:lol!: are you serious ? I can understand if you said it was his only good performance at club level.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 am

what else has he done that is note worthy?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:45 am

Semis of Euros.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:57 am

True, it's a very fair comment. I guess we can add that to his list of achievements as a coach,

Question still remains tho, after he seemed to blossom with barcelona, he completely faded away.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:00 am

I just think he didn't choose good teams with the way he plays the teams need a certain amount of skill imo.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:12 am

He had Ronaldinho and Eto'o at their peaks.....FFS if I had those two at their peaks I would be winning trophies all over the place.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:22 pm

This is why.......

Why is Barca the only good thing on Rijkaard career? Ten-cate

/thread
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Its easy to coach Barca, average coach can be good there. Mechanism that needs little maintenance banana
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Did anyone consider he isnt actually that great a coach. Warning to Pep? I laugh at that. The gulf between them is obvious.

Rijkaard knows the offensive side of the game very well, but he lacks discipline and he was lucky he had Ten Cate for as long as he did.

Rijkaard would make a great assistant or number 2, but topman he really needs a disciplinarian around him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm

If I coached Barca with the players they have
I'd tell them to have fun and I'd still win trophies.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:20 pm

I like Rijkaard's style better. Sad

Guardiola remains to be seen. I wanna see what he can do outside the league.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Its easy to coach Barca, average coach can be good there. Mechanism that needs little maintenance banana
Except when Rijkaard got there, Barcelona were in disarray and nowhere near the well oiled machine they are today, or even the flashy, entertaining team they were two years after he took over
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Drew 0-0 with Thailand today.

sacked in the morning ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down