SaintJoe
StrugaRock
izzy
xabi
billionmillion
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We will not see CR in euro 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: We will not see CR in euro 2012?

Post by StrugaRock Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:25 pm

these kind of threads is the reason I don't post often in this forum, it's always Barca vs Madrid and Messi vs CR

StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

We will not see CR in euro 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: We will not see CR in euro 2012?

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 pm

SaintJoe wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Dude, I'm going to concede that you know way more then me about all things Portugal including there league and there players and I actually like you as a poster.

You cannot blame this on two games, they played 8 games and came second in a week group and were the second worst second place team out of Europe. They had an easy group and were the best team in it and to be in this position is just not right. You cannot take the blame away from Ronaldo and put it on two games and the defense. Look at Messi's defense in his NT, it's pathetic, Ronaldo has to deal with it too as Potugal's defense is usually world class in my opinion.

I agree with the OP if this was Messi he would be getting killed right now and rightfully so.

I'm not taking the blame away from Ronaldo! I just said he's the best player after Nani. Yet, they both sucked. In fact, the whole team has been horrible throughout the tournament.

I just don't understand why the second best player (according to me) is being singled out. Cyprus scored 4 goals, Denmark 2, Iceland 3, Portugal's defense deserves much more blame. I do agree: we have a world class defense. But god damnit, it ain't working out Sad

Again this isn't being directed at you but he is being singled out because the same happens to Messi against better competition and an all time terrible defense and coach and then the same people when it comes to Ronaldo sit here and make up excuses for him.

I mean FFS, there is a poster in here trying to argue that Portugal's group was really hard and that they had no chance against the Scandinavian Footballing world, it's just laughable especially when Messi has to qualify through South America.

All I'm saying is the same people who were dumb enough to blame Messi for Argentina's problems are the same ones using every excuse in the book to take up for Ronaldo including having the nerve to say Portugal shouldn't have walked this group and that he had to gut it out against these Scandinavian Super teams. (again, I never heard you say anything about Messi so it's not directed at Saint Joe) I'm just trying to let you know where it's coming from.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:32 pm

billionmillion wrote:Nani 7. "Probably the only Portuguese attacker to emerge with any credit from this game, and was frequently his side’s most dangerous outlet in the attacking third. Beat his man with ease, and even though his final ball was erratic at times, his teammates let him down more than anything. There will be plenty of question marks in the Portuguese camp after this game, but Nani should not be one of them."

Cristiano Ronaldo 6.5
"The Real Madrid man asserted in the build-up to the game that his side were heading to Copenhagen to win, but failed to live up to his pre-match proclamations in a subdued showing. He was overshadowed by Nani for the second game running, and did not break forward with the ball as often as he would have liked. However, he managed to ensure a nervy end to injury time with a stunning 25-yard knuckle-ball of a free kick that flew into the top corner"

Well played not quoting the source

*Cough* goal.com *Cough*
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 pm

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:30 am

hmm can't have a thread about CR7 without talking about Messi.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 am

People forget CR7 played injured to help the team and he was still the best player on the pitch

team are useless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:40 am

Ronaldo can play sh*t for Portugal and still manage to score goals. He's just got so many attacking weapons. That's why he is will be a top top player for any team, club or national.

In a results orientated, short term world, the end justifies the mean. However, having better means is always a bonus. But, when given a choice of good means or results, results always come out on top.

You can blame him for the loss, you can call him a flop, you can call him Gaynaldo, but there's just no point trying to deceive yourselves if you think like that.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:50 am

billionmillion wrote:CR fanboys always think that if Argentina loses its all messi's fault, if portugal loses its defence fault LOL

QFT.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 am

Where was Messi when his NT gets destroyed 3-0 in final of Copa against Brazil? where was Messi when his NT Gets destroyed 4-0 against Germany in WC? where was Messi when his NT gets humuliated against Uruguay in Copa at Home?

atleast Ronaldo can score a good freekick smoking
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:06 am

Mamad wrote:Where was Messi when his NT gets destroyed 3-0 in final of Copa against Brazil? where was Messi when his NT Gets destroyed 4-0 against Germany in WC? where was Messi when his NT gets humuliated against Uruguay in Copa at Home?

atleast Ronaldo can score a good freekick smoking

Anybody can pick out a players bad games and ignore how brilliant they are, selective thinking or what?

I'm not saying that CR is bad, he's an amazing player and if it weren't for Messi he would be the best. Just thought I would defend Messi a bit because the Messi hate on here is ridiculous.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:13 am

billionmillion wrote:Nani 7. "Probably the only Portuguese attacker to emerge with any credit from this game, and was frequently his side’s most dangerous outlet in the attacking third. Beat his man with ease, and even though his final ball was erratic at times, his teammates let him down more than anything. There will be plenty of question marks in the Portuguese camp after this game, but Nani should not be one of them."

Cristiano Ronaldo 6.5
"The Real Madrid man asserted in the build-up to the game that his side were heading to Copenhagen to win, but failed to live up to his pre-match proclamations in a subdued showing. He was overshadowed by Nani for the second game running, and did not break forward with the ball as often as he would have liked. However, he managed to ensure a nervy end to injury time with a stunning 25-yard knuckle-ball of a free kick that flew into the top corner"

LOL your basing this on goal.com rating. watch the actual game or gtfo.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:31 am

Why was Messi even mentioned in this thread?

Pretty sure he wasn't out there in Copehagen last night.

Keep him out of this discussion or I lock this thread.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 am

Both the defence and Cristiano played like trash but neither are soley blame for the loss.

Denmark in the first half controlled the game, clearly the better possession team.

Midfield of Portugal not getting close enough to the Danes mid and the the forwards didnt close down much at all.

Cristiano constantly losing the ball and making crap passes didnt help, neither did the leftback sucking or Rolando getting turned inside and out by Eriksen 3 times in the same move but their lack of consistent quality possession hurt them and Denmark kept the ball superbly.

In the second half, Portugal had the ball in better areas and with more control of the game, but no creativity as Nani was well defended and Cristiano did nothing. Then they got picked off on the counter attack.

Watching Portugal, Cristiano is always the same. Barely does anything and when he does more then half the time he ends up giving the ball away with poor passes. He will score his token meaningless goal against minnows and will take the credit.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:55 am

When Cris leads his team out of the play offs and into the tournament you will all be sorry Mad

Anyway Ronaldo is too rich, handsome and talented for the Euro's :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:57 am

Also LOL at meaningless token goal. Sure it was a consolation goal but it was a goalazo no matter how you try to paint as something else.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:00 am

They lost, it was meaningless.

Of course it was a great goal, im not blind lol

But who cares when you already lost? Not even him.

It can be a great goal and meaningless at the sametime.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:21 am

Well it sounded like you were brushing it aside because it didn't fit in with the "he sucked" argument you were bringing.

He was sub par overall though I agree with that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 am

Well I am brushing it aside, I dont see what there is to talk about.

He did suck, goal or no goal, so no need for me or anyone to make a big deal out of it in my opinion.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:48 am

Portugal without Carvalho = Argentina with Maradona as coach.

Nothing CR can do, nothing Messi could have done - just like Henry and Ribéry couldn't have saved France from Domenech in 2010.

Of course no player can carry a team alone. That's why it's a team sport. So... Yeah... Nice thread, Captain Obvious, Sir!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 am

MOAR HYPE on nani? nani didn't do shit. Love how people praise Nani just to put down Ronaldo. Portugal's defense was all over the place. Merieles, Martins and Moutinho were getting owned by Eriksen and Co. At the end of the day Ronaldo scored a wonder goal and no one else on the team did jack shit.

Also at least when Messi plays for Argentina he can create for Tevez, Aguero and Higuain whereas Ronaldo has to pass to POSTIGA LO00o0o0l.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 am

Zealous wrote:Also LOL at meaningless token goal. Sure it was a consolation goal but it was a goalazo no matter how you try to paint as something else.

free kick is a lucky goal will not happen in every game as he scores 1 free kick in a 2-3 months. if you can not show performance, create chances for your team or at least play like nani then gtfo

beside all previous game portugal won 5-3, he scored 0 and assisted 0. Can you imagine this? The team doesnt even need him to win. but if it was for r.madrid he would score at least 3 out of 5 goals or assist (against bottom teams of course pirat )
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 am

billionmillion wrote:
Zealous wrote:Also LOL at meaningless token goal. Sure it was a consolation goal but it was a goalazo no matter how you try to paint as something else.

free kick is a lucky goal will not happen in every game as he scores 1 free kick in a 2-3 months. if you can not show performance, create chances for your team or at least play like nani then gtfo

beside all previous game portugal won 5-3, he scored 0 and assisted 0. Can you imagine this? The team doesnt even need him to win. but if it was for r.madrid he would score at least 3 out of 5 goals or assist (against bottom teams of course pirat )
What CR7 brings to Portugal is his offensive side, without him they would lack the offensive side and unorganised imo. But you wouldnt understand it since, you just started watching football yesterday.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:39 am

billionmillion wrote:beside all previous game portugal won 5-3, he scored 0 and assisted 0. Can you imagine this? The team doesnt even need him to win. but if it was for r.madrid he would score at least 3 out of 5 goals or assist (against bottom teams of course pirat )

I see. We might as well get rid of the goal keeper then. And defense. They score 0 and assist 0. The team doesn't need that.

The Franchise wrote:They lost, it was meaningless.

Of course it was a great goal, im not blind lol

But who cares when you already lost? Not even him.

It can be a great goal and meaningless at the sametime.

We just needed another meaningless goal to tie Thumbs up
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 am

Lol at the Barcelona haters, Ronaldo had defied injury to play for his national team, and still gets crap comments after the match despite scoring a stunning freekick, which ensured the game had a nervy ending? Grow up dudes!!!!
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 am

Nicklas Bendtner

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Isn't this the year Bendtner wins the Balon D'Or?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next