+4
rincon
Shed
Katy Perry
Kick
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The 2017 January Transfer Window Thread Empty The 2017 January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Kick Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:54 am

This winter window will either be very quiet or we'll see a few interesting deals, depending on who leaves.

Recent rumours are centered around players leaving, with Mikel (to China or Turkey?), Fabregas, Oscar (Inter most recently), and Ivanovic (Barca are rumoured rofl ) all suggested to be possible departures. It is likely that we could lose a player or two without replacement, as our squad is rather inflated at present. However, should we lose more than one CM, we'll likely dip into the market to buy a player similar to Matic and Kante, someone like Brozovic, Nainggolan, or perhaps Verratti (highly unlikely). Calhanoglu has been mentioned as a possible Oscar replacement, but I think he'd be more like a Pedro/Hazard back up. The other main area where we've been linked to players is CB, with Bonucci, Keane, Gibson, Davies, and Thiago Silva all being linked. Personally, I don't think we need a CB, I'd rather find a LWB or recall Baba depending on Conte's preference. A CB can wait until the end of the season. We now have Cahill, Luiz, Azpi, Terry, Ivanovic, and Zouma for CB spots, whereas we only have Alonso and Azpi for LWB.

What I'd like to see happen:

Out:
Mikel (free)
Oscar (25m)
+/- Ivanovic
Loftus-Cheek (loan)

In:
Layun/Baba/LWB
+/- Keane/Gibson/Davies (for 6th choice CB if Ivanovic leaves)
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The 2017 January Transfer Window Thread Empty Re: The 2017 January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Katy Perry Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:03 pm

I don't think we are in a dire need for a purchase in january, unless a drastic injury happens between now and the end of january, but I think the interested areas in those rumours are the right ones, perhaps in a summer 2017 perspective, and the players you put in your ideal "out" are agreeable as well.

While we do have CBs in abundance, the only one who has been playing flawlessly and earned my full trust is Azpi. Cahill has been a bit shaky in the LCB role, and Luiz still has the odd concentration lapse and the adrenaline rush of exhuberantly taking on the world with the ball on his feet (altho it's more rare than his previous time here) and we have effectively never seen Zouma and Terry in this defensive shape so we have no idea how they would fare. I don't think we should buy a 6th choice back-up for january, but I think we should keep monitoring CBs.

Also, yea, we lack a Matic/Kante type of midfielder. Nowadays our fullbacks are additional wingers and that Conte has tuned down Hazard's defensive work (rightfully so IMO) our CMs need to have a tremendous amount of space to cover, and Mikel/Cesc are more of a static players, whereas Oscar isn't really suited for a 2 men midfield. I trust Chalobah and RLC step it up when given a chance in the next 2 months when we'll play every 3 day during the Christmas period, plus eventual suspensions, and the start of the FA Cup as well. I don't think that players of Naingolan and Verratti's caliber are available for january, or even summer for that matter, and Chalo/RLC aren't inferior to Brozovic/Charlie Adam whatever back-up CM available there is.

A wingback, yea maybe. Right now we only have MA3 and VM15. Pedro played out-wide in a 3man CB defense in Pep's last year at Barca but it was a completely different role, Azpi could play there as well but he's been our best CB so I wouldn't want to move him away from that, and I don't know how highly Conte rates Ola Aina.

Last edited by Katy Perry on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The 2017 January Transfer Window Thread Empty Re: The 2017 January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Katy Perry Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Mourinho wants Willian at United according to mirror.co.uk. hmm Just no.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:22 am

Katy Perry wrote:I don't think we are in a dire need for a purchase in january, unless a drastic injury happens between now and the end of january, but I think the interested areas in those rumours are the right ones, perhaps in a summer 2017 perspective, and the players you put in your ideal "out" are agreeable as well.

While we do have CBs in abundance, the only one who has been playing flawlessly and earned my full trust is Azpi. Cahill has been a bit shaky in the LCB role, and Luiz still has the odd concentration lapse and the adrenaline rush of exhuberantly taking on the world with the ball on his feet (altho it's more rare than his previous time here) and we have effectively never seen Zouma and Terry in this defensive shape so we have no idea how they would fare. I don't think we should buy a 6th choice back-up for january, but I think we should keep monitoring CBs.

Also, yea, we lack a Matic/Kante type of midfielder. Nowadays our fullbacks are additional wingers and that Conte has tuned down Hazard's defensive work (rightfully so IMO) our CMs need to have a tremendous amount of space to cover, and Mikel/Cesc are more of a static players, whereas Oscar isn't really suited for a 2 men midfield. I trust Chalobah and RLC step it up when given a chance in the next 2 months when we'll play every 3 day during the Christmas period, plus eventual suspensions, and the start of the FA Cup as well. I don't think that players of Naingolan and Verratti's caliber are available for january, or even summer for that matter, and Chalo/RLC aren't inferior to Brozovic/Charlie Adam whatever back-up CM available there is.

A wingback, yea maybe. Right now we only have MA3 and VM15. Pedro played out-wide in a 3man CB defense in Pep's last year at Barca but it was a completely different role, Azpi could play there as well but he's been our best CB so I wouldn't want to move him away from that, and I don't know how highly Conte rates Ola Aina.

I wouldn't want to move Pedro, tbh. He is doing too well at RW. Same with Azpi.

Ivanovic or Willian could play at RWB, as well as Aina, but only Aina could possibly play at LWB, which is why we should certainly improve there in Jan. If pre-season is anything to go off, Conte does rate Aina, as he was one of the most used players during pre-season.

Katy Perry wrote:Mourinho wants Willian at United according to mirror.co.uk. hmm Just no.
I doubt it'll happen, Willian just signed a new long term deal.

rincon wrote:There were rumors in Italian media that Bernardeschi to Chelsea was developing. Would love that move for him, great talent and fit for Conte, who launched him to the NT. Can play in any role mid or forward. Fiore play a 3-4-3 and Bernardeschi plays as right or left WB or right or left forward there. Some games (but few) as the CM. More games at CM when they use a midfield 3. Most of his games come for RWB or LW.
Sounds like a decent shout for a Moses-like player. He could back up Alonso, Moses, and Hazard.

Voetbal International are reporting that Chelsea and Arsenal are interested in buying Bazoer in January, price is rumoured to be £12.5m.

Would be an interesting deal, i'd imagine we'd try to loan him initially, unless Conte wants him to play alongside Chalobah.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:46 am

Apparently we're still in for Rudiger, who recently returned to Roma first team.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:52 am

Any else think Juan Bernat or Gaya could be solid choices for LWB?

Bernat is behind Alaba at Bayern so there is a possibility of signing him there, while Valencia are 1 spot above the relegation zone in Spain so there is a chance he could jump from the sinking ship.

I think around 20m pounds for both would get the job done.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Why not go for Ricardo Rodriguez if we're to spend 20M pounds for someone else in that position though? His buyout clause is close to that amount IIRC.

Having said that I wouldn't mind Bernat at all, he's a solid suggestion.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:18 pm

I personally would prefer Bernat or Gaya because they are quicker than RicRod.

Bernat also has experience playing as a LWB, I'm not sure if RicRod has or not.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Mikel is considering moving to China in Jan:
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-mikel-john-obi-could-reunite-with-andre-villasboas-at-shanghai-sipg-as-he-considers-a3414401.html
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:12 am

Hilarious rumour of the week:

Chelsea are actively monitoring the Alexis Sanchez situation at Arsenal, and should no contract be accepted, will make a move:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/07/arsenal-willing-sell-mesut-ozil-does-not-lowerwage-demands/

Courtois
Azpilicueta Luiz Sule
Moses Kante Matic LWB
Alexis Costa Hazard

That front three though. 30 goals between them already this season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:07 am

As if. Arsenal would never sell star players to direct rivals just to make a bu..........oh.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:13 am

Laughing

My thoughts exactly.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:19 am

It's a salivating prospect, but probably pretty unlikely. If he even does become available, there are other sides who'd be all over him as well.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:20 am

Exactly. I doubt we'd be front runners, unless he wants to stay in London.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:26 am

We desperately wanted Cuadrado and Alexis back then. Chelsea signed Cuadrado and leased him to us, if you sign Alexis will you... hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Kick wrote:I personally would prefer Bernat or Gaya because they are quicker than RicRod.

Bernat also has experience playing as a LWB, I'm not sure if RicRod has or not.
I think that to be proficient as a wingback you need to be competent at both offensive and defensive aspects, have a great tactical awareness and stamina. Rodriguez has those, I'm fairly sure it's safe to say he would face no insurmountable adversities to learn to play LWB.

I guess it comes down to the coach's preference. Bernat is a lot more offensive minded while Rodriguez would strengthen our defensive solidity.
I personally consider Alonso a very offensive LWB, so I would rather have Rod as his counterpart to balance it out.

Also, something we are forgetting is that we just squandered 40M on two additional left backs who couldn't get first team action in favour of the LB that was already here. It's not far fetched that we'll choose to pursue a cheaper option this time around.
Probably not tho, the wingback role is a lot more tiring than a LB, and we don't have Mou anymore.

Kick wrote:Mikel is considering moving to China in Jan:
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-mikel-john-obi-could-reunite-with-andre-villasboas-at-shanghai-sipg-as-he-considers-a3414401.html

Makes sense. Let's hope it's a substantial amount of money like the last time a chinese team knocked on our door for Ramires.

Kick wrote:Hilarious rumour of the week:

Chelsea are actively monitoring the Alexis Sanchez situation at Arsenal, and should no contract be accepted, will make a move:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/07/arsenal-willing-sell-mesut-ozil-does-not-lowerwage-demands/

Courtois
Azpilicueta Luiz Sule
Moses Kante Matic LWB
Alexis Costa Hazard

That front three though. 30 goals between them already this season.
Shed wrote:As if. Arsenal would never sell star players to direct rivals just to make a bu..........oh.
I was on the phone with the little boy inside Alexis the other day, he confirms his wish is to go to Chelsea. He even confessed he'd rather go back at his washing cars job than to stay at Arsenal. We should pounce on the opportunity]

rincon wrote:We desperately wanted Cuadrado and Alexis back then. Chelsea signed Cuadrado and leased him to us, if you sign Alexis will you... hmm
I still think you royally cucked us with Cuadrado. Daylight robbery. Loan with no obligation to buy at the end of the season or after a predetermined amount of presences when we had offers in line that would replenish the money we spent on january 2015. For two years in a row :facepalm: I still think Marotta went full Mesmer and tricked whoever was in charge of the transfer from our side. No more deals with him please.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:02 am

How bloody awesome would a Sanchez buy be though? Front 3 of Hazard-Costa-Sanchez. That's madness. Can't focus on any of them too much or load up players on any of them. You'll have to leave one person free that can kill you. And if you try to over cover all 3, the wing backs will kill you. Glory. MAKE IT HAPPEN, MARINA!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:21 pm

We should sign Toby.

I think having Sanchez would be a case of too many cooks, but would defo be interesting.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:59 am

His release clause is only for 2019, otherwise Spurs will not sell to us.

You watch, we'll buy Sule in Jan.

Sanchez would be incredible, and when our attack is going this well, the only way we can improve it is with world class players. Sanchez, Verratti, and a LWB. Although, they generally won't move in Jan.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:29 am

Honestly, I would rather get Vertonghen from them or just a left footed CB. We saw today vs WBA when they were all clogged up leaving no space to our offensive players and our CBs got a lot of the ball how Cahill slowed and tampered our manuever. I think we could benefit from someone who can advance with the ball on his feet and can occasionally overlap like Azpi does on the right.

Sanchez, yea he would fit our current line-up and improve it considerably. Conte really rated him and wanted him every summer before he eventually joined Arsenal.
It's still a pipe dream, it's not even worth fantasizing about.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:11 am

A left footed CB would be ideal, Vert is one of the best, too. Him, Umtiti, or Laporte would be the best options there.

It could also be why we're after Romagnoli seeing as the other three I mentioned are pretty unobtainable.

I imagine we're after Sule, seeing as he is adept at RCB in a back three, which means we can switch dave to LCB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:27 am

Talk of signing any Spurs players is pure fantasy. Unless anyone's lining up to get Modric'd again.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:37 am

Especially in Jan.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:34 am

Not gonna happen in January but I'd go for Felipe Anderson eventually. This season he is back on track and looking great, top assist man in the league so far. Hazard-Costa-Anderson would be excellent.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 am

rincon wrote:Not gonna happen in January but I'd go for Felipe Anderson eventually. This season he is back on track and looking great, top assist man in the league so far. Hazard-Costa-Anderson would be excellent.

The thing is, we don't have an issue at RW, both Pedro and Willian are performing well.

So if we're going to make a signing there, it has to be a superstar, like Sanchez. Anderson just won't cut it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next