Valkyrja
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
25 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zidane part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Zidane part 2

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:06 am

I wonder how he is going to handle the delicate situations in the coming weeks; from Isco to Marcelo to Navas to the infights. It's going to be difficult but if there's anyone who can handle a team of big personalities it's ZZ.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 am

Anyone watching the presser. Look how happy Perez is ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:11 am

Thanks for the replies, just one question about the financial situation of Flo and Real now? Is it less now or still like huge amount of money can be spent on players or even have a Galaticos v.3? tongue
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:33 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Didnt know that, so if even Zidane is in the opinion for Bale, then it is really the players problem. I always thought Bale was doing well until recently... dunno what it is, he came across as a hard working player and decisive in the big moment...

Not sure also but the names like Hazard being talked about just doesnt seem all that. If Real landed Mbappe I really think they are in a great position up front. Real is known to get whoever they want so u never know. Wouldnt be surprised, the way PSG keeps failing in the CL and obviously their league is too easy, if Mbappe really wants to challenge himself and Real can tempt him and buy PSG with money, then Real would have the 2 best young players on the planet? No

He's definitely been good, or at the very least, decisive, in some of the big matches he's played in, but he's been largely inconsistent and unreliable, overall. Maybe things would've been different if he didn't spend large periods of time on the treatment table every season, but there's still the issue of him feeling entitled to start, regardless of how poorly he performs.

Bale's 29. Normally, I wouldn't be too bothered about someone like him declining with age so soon, as both he and Ramos are known for their athleticism, however it seems that Bale has lost a substantial amount of his explosive pace, and that's a problem when your game is so based around that particular attribute. C. Ronaldo adapted as well as you could expect to life without exceptional pace. I wouldn't bet any money on Bale being capable of doing the same thing. I doubt we'll get Mbappe anytime soon, as we would have to blow our entire transfer budget on him, unless we see a scenario where he's so desperate to join us that he's willing to force his way out, and the asking price down. Highly unlikely.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 am

Ceballos needs to look for a new club too. He made some pretty blunt statements on ZZ at the start of the season... i don't think he expected ZZ back so soon lol.

Another lesson for a young kid: Keep your mouth shut.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:46 am

Unlike Solari ZZ doesn't hold grudges. I expect Ceballos to be in the mix next season no doubt about that. If you don't play it's because he doesn't rate you, alot of it was wrong last season but hopefully he's changed. Llorente, Ceballos, Reguillon and Vinicious should be within touches of the starting line up next season.

Besides what Ceballos said wasn't even that bad, nothing Isco hasn't said whenever he goes on Spain duties and he was a starter. Bale on the other hand Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:51 am

yeah i think it's on Ceballos here. If he goes to ZZ and apologizes for the public remarks but not the content (he would be really disingenuous otherwise).... that's fine.

But I don't think ZZ rates Ceballos. Frankly, I'm on the fence too. He has skills... but what are those skills producing or intend to produce? He's not a AM or winger. He can't play deep as a CM. He can only play as an advanced CM... but he hasn't shown the ability to make the final pass consistently or be a threat.

He's like a lesser version of Borja to me. Borja, to his credit, eventually became a dangerous player. Ceballos needs to evolve. I don't think Madrid is the place for that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 am

But Ceballos didn't say anything bad nor was he disrespectful. In any case, I think Zidane just does not rate Ceballos regardless of his words (and throw in Llorente too) so yea, those 2 maybe dead in the water but who knows. Maybe Zidane watched them during his break and was like "hmm, those two ain't half bad". Never know.

Also, he isn't Solari, doubt Zidane is gonna hold some grudge against Ceballos because he spoke what he felt like (you know, the person you admired turned out to be not so great).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am

Hazard is a done dealio I think right ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:40 am

I literally can't wait to shit on zidiane style ffs, I'm so giddy. First game tomorrow banana
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:52 am

Didn't expect him back so soon... unlike pep, it seems Zidane isn't afraid of putting his reputation on the line. could have easily went to another club.

Very pleased to see him return. hopefully Florentino has learned his lesson to not mess with Zidane's plans moving forward.

Looks like I have something to look forward to after all.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 am

Wonder what formation/XI ZZ puts out next season

GK
Dani-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Modric-Casemiro-Kroos
Isco Disco
Benz/new ST-Hazard

I just realised, with ZZ in charge we are probably never going to bench the regulars. They need to be moved in the summer for him to be able to play the ones he wants

Marcelo for example can't just come straight into the line up after the season he's had. Kroos too needs to see some bench time. Bale needs to be gone

This is going to be his biggest challenge, even more than when we were a disaster under Benitez. Unlike then, alot of our players are done at the highest and have nothing more to give
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:16 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:Didn't expect him back so soon... unlike pep, it seems Zidane isn't afraid of putting his reputation on the line. could have easily went to another club.

Which club would that be? None of the top clubs are currently hiring, except Chelsea and maybe Bayern. Now, that would have been putting his reputation on the line. I doubt he'd get anywhere near the same transfer budget, as well. I suppose there was speculation surrounding who would take over at Man United, up until recently, but Ole seems to have the job on lockdown at this point. After the comeback against PSG, it's incredibly unlikely that they have anyone else in mind.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:30 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Wonder what formation/XI ZZ puts out next season

GK
Dani-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Modric-Casemiro-Kroos
Isco Disco
Benz/new ST-Hazard

I just realised, with ZZ in charge we are probably never going to bench the regulars. They need to be moved in the summer for him to be able to play the ones he wants

Marcelo for example can't just come straight into the line up after the season he's had. Kroos too needs to see some bench time. Bale needs to be gone

This is going to be his biggest challenge, even more than when we were a disaster under Benitez. Unlike then, alot of our players are done at the highest and have nothing more to give

I honestly don't think Marcelo will start. I think Zidane will follow suit, it's not like Marcelo will magically improve overnight. He's been awful and will continue to be imo.

That midfield needs a new face, someone with energy, mobile box to box. I'd suggest Valverde, but he may be too young to start in Zidanes eyes.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:31 am

4312 is ass
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:38 am

Zidane part 2 - Page 2 2vseck
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:41 am

Tbh I can honestly see 4-2-3-1 with Kante and Valverde shielding Isco Hazard and a pacey right winger
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 am

Hehe I'm assuming Zidane will get the power he wanted now. Ceballos and bale are GONE. Hahhahahahahahahha
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:48 am

sportsczy wrote:yeah i think it's on Ceballos here. If he goes to ZZ and apologizes for the public remarks but not the content (he would be really disingenuous otherwise).... that's fine.

But I don't think ZZ rates Ceballos. Frankly, I'm on the fence too. He has skills... but what are those skills producing or intend to produce? He's not a AM or winger. He can't play deep as a CM. He can only play as an advanced CM... but he hasn't shown the ability to make the final pass consistently or be a threat.

He's like a lesser version of Borja to me. Borja, to his credit, eventually became a dangerous player. Ceballos needs to evolve. I don't think Madrid is the place for that.

Naw, I don't agree Sports. Sure Ceballos came in with some expectations that Zidane wouldn't give and it was a rough year for him. But he has played well not only for Madrid but also for NT. He actually played so well at NT, he was in consideration for starter over Thiago!!! Since then (Solari) his opportunities have been reduced but he does play with enthusiasm and energy. Only poor games have been when they put him in at DM and last week at AM.

I feel Zidane doesn't hold grudges and goes by what he sees.

Similarly Llorente broke thru this season and I feel Zidane will recognize that as well. In other words, I don't expect either of them to be starters, but they now have enough experience to be consider backups that can be deployed.

I also hope Zidane uses his entire team, much like he did with Morata and Co.

As I said in another thread, I think the more difficult decisions for Zidane will be choosing which 3 of Asensio, Isco, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Brahim remain and what to do with Marcelo, Kroos and Modric!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:09 am

lol am i the only one who actually thinks lopetegui got a fair shot?
you can say solari didn't as he came in the middle of a crisis, but he was a caretaker anyway, that's the nature of the business.

lope came in the summer, before the world cup and had ample time to design his squad....now i don't know what he did or didn't ask for, what i know is, reports said he asked for a cf, but those reports only started coming through when the season had started, and lope from his own mouth said he liked the squad he had. so to me , he got his chance

zidane too, would have had ample time now, to say what he wants for the summer, so i hope he has already started planning that, and i hope flo is not bringing him simply to motivate this same group for next season as well

probably the least popular opinion here, but i feel solari should have been allowed to see things through till the end, considering our situation anyways. i guess the players can audition for zidane
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 am

I hate to break everyone's heart here... but ZZ is a pragmatist. He knows how Real Madrid works. Nobody cares about developing kids if you're losing. He knows he needs to win first and everything else comes second.

So my guess is that he's go with the players he feels give him the best chance to win AND sign players that will help him win.

A lot of the kids are going to be either shown the door or moved imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:23 am

sportsczy wrote:
A lot of the kids are going to be either shown the door or moved imo.

i feel the exact same way. and if florentino really believed in the development project to begin with, he wouldn't have fired lope or solari, he'll stick with them expecting them to bring up the kids in the process. not saying zidane wouldn't give them a shot, he probably will if they deserve it. but giving them a shot or going into the market for unsigned hype kids is NOT going to be the priority. just my 2 cents
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:35 am

Here’s the Zidane part 2 team, assuming no budget limitations!!

First Team:
Navas
Carvajal Varane Ramos Mendy
Eriksen Ndombele
Isco Hazard
Mbappe Neymar

Second team:
Courtois
Odri Militao Nacho Regui
Ceballos Casemiro Fede or Llorente
Asensio
Rodrygo Vinicius

Ultility forward - Lucas (season may start off with Rodrygo in this role)
Practice Portero - Zidane

Note, I present this with tongue in my cheek! Obviously there are some assumption  to this.

1. Budget available to buy Newmar, Mbappe, Eriksen, Ndomebele, Mendy and Hazard
 (That’s 300M reported plus proceeds from sales of Bale, Modric, Marcelo, Kroos, Benzema, James and Odegaard)

2. Assumes all 6 above are available.

3. Zidane decides best to part with Bale, Benz, Modric, Kroos and Marcelo, given the 6 above coming in.

4. Zidane decides Isco and Asensio are salvageable.

5. Zidane decides Ceballos, Llorente and / or Fede are worth retaining as backups.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:40 am

Don't forget Ashraf Hakimi. Zidanes liked him.

Most likely he'll be back.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am

titosantill wrote:lol am i the only one who actually thinks lopetegui got a fair shot?

How exactly is 3-4 months of football minus Ronaldo called a fair shot? Unless you mean fair in terms of Real Madrid then yeah, "fair" in that sense but he definitely wasn't given much of a shot.

Also, yeah, unless Zidane rates said youngster, we might as well consider everyone bar Vini and Rodrygo on the chopping block. Including and unfortunately Odegaard who I've actually grown to like.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 am

he had a whole summer to let flo know who or how he wanted to build his squad. he got hired before the world cup started. he was asked about ronaldo and said he likes the challenge and will make it work with the available players on our team. so he knew what he was getting into and he was excited about the challenge

he had lots of time to sell flo on any ideas he had, i've always felt a good coach should be a good salesman as well. we didn't start hearing rumors that lope would have wanted reinforcement until around the uefa super cup match with atleti.

tbh imo its not just about the 3-4 months, he didn't look like he had any plan to begin with. i respect him more now than when he coached us, cos he hasn't gone the "i asked madrid for x y z and they said no" route
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next