Abramovich
iNFINITY9910
lszanto
Kick
El Chelsea Fuerte
19 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

The Official Loan Update Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Loan Update Thread

Post by Katy Perry Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:03 am

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/DyLnBzRQbEOcZDIkAAhz4Q/Show/Hot-Streak-Is-in-form-Ake-proving-he-warrants-long-term-Chelsea-place
Interesting. He's been doing very well for Bournemouth since he's been slotted in. I even paid a visit to Bournemouth's forum and they consider him one of the key factor behind their surge of late. He's a puissant CB, strong on 1vs1s, on the air, he's left footed and good ay bringing the ball forward, plus him being competent as a leftback (and midfield also) would provide a very valuable depth.

I think he can become useful to us in the future. We have two very strong candidates to replace JT and Iva that might leave at the end of the season due to age in Akè and Christensen. I really hope Moses wasn't a fluke and that Conte'll integrate at least one of them (please both).

Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Loan Update Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Loan Update Thread

Post by Kick Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:20 am

Ake is certainly one who is in with a shot of playing for us next season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 am

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-fc-loan-roundup-rating-every-out-loan-blues-player-201617-161221221204?p=3

A short review for each one of our loanies. Abraham, Ake, Baker, Christensen, Cuevas, Rahman, Traore are the brightest spots.
I think Ake, Christensen and Baba can be useful as soon as next year when we'll most likely part ways with JT and Iva, and Baba can be useful as a LWB alternative.
The rest will need a PL loan next year to further prove their worth.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:42 am

Ake can also ball play quite well too, something which is very important to consider, it is one of the reasons we went after John Stones so strongly.

Also, I could be wrong on this, but I think we pinched him from Feynord early enough for him to be counted as a home grown player.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Yea I know. He's also left footed and that's something unique to our current 6 CBs.

I remember bashing on huntsman when he would post here that ball playing capable CBs are super important, silly me. After witnessing Azpi's Giggsesque pass vs Palace I've seen the light. Now you just know that opposing midfielders will try to closing him down whenever he approaches that area, freeing up space for our offensive players. It would be great if we could have a similar presence on the left that would pose such threat.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:34 pm

fatman123 wrote:Ake can also ball play quite well too, something which is very important to consider, it is one of the reasons we went after John Stones so strongly.

Also, I could be wrong on this, but I think we pinched him from Feynord early enough for him to be counted as a home grown player.

Ake is homegrown.

I honestly think Ake and Christensen should stay with us next season, Christensen can obviously compete with Luiz or at RCB, while Ake could be back up LCB, LWB or LCM.

Baba hasn't been showering himself in glory, and will probably be loaned again next season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:07 pm

We bought Baba for 20M to be ready right away tho. If we're not gonna use him next season we should probably sell him in order to avoid his price tag to drop heavily and cut our losses.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:11 pm

We paid 14m Pounds, rising to 22m, not 20 straight up.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:38 am

Akè had a commanding performance in the first half, nullifying Giroud and in couple instances he confirmed that he's former blue Ruud Gullit's illegitimate child and majestically run past Arsenal midfield with the ball at his feet for 50 meters.

In the second half with Bournemouth collapsing, he was their most solid player as he had some crucial interceptions and he wasn't at fault as Giroud wisely avoided him and was near Ake's CB partner when he scored or propitiated Arsenal's goals.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:44 am

He certainly has a chance of making the first team next season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:50 am

I hope so. Otherwise I'd have spent several hours watching Bournemouth games for nothing Laughing
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:58 am

At least they're entertaining, better than watching Sunderland or WBA Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:03 am

Oh yea. I surely don't envy a United fan trying to keep tabs on Januzaj at Sunderland Proud
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:05 am

Mostly because Januzaj sucks rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:33 am

Laughing Yea, he'll most likely end up like Macheda.

On other news, Tammy Abraham scored his 13th and 14th goal in the Championship :bow: He scored 17 in all competitions, and we're only at the start of January. He really has the potential to make it in our team in a couple of years. Molenation

Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:11 am

He's 2 goals short of the record for a teenager in the last decade.

Tammy has been amazing :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:26 am

And he's been at the club since 2004 Proud Blue blood and future legend Proud
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Looks like Ruudy aka Nathan Aké may well be recalled from his loan and heading back to Chelsea this month.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Shed wrote:Looks like Ruudy aka Nathan Aké may well be recalled from his loan and heading back to Chelsea this month.

Wasn't in Bounemouth's squad at all for today's cup game.

And also: https://twitter.com/squawkanews/status/817793085350563840

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:47 pm

YES!! Proud Proud :bow:
I was starting to doubt he'd make it because of the constant links to defenders, but I'm glad Conte made the choice to give him a chance Proud

From a player development standpoint, he only broke into Bournemouth's lineup for a couple of months and would have returned as a more mature player had he played the remainder of his loan term as a starter, but I think he's a fine player as he is right now and will be given playtime and will fluorish.

I think he has the characteristics of what Conte requires from his defenders: strong at defending 1on1s, ability to aggressively press further up on the pitch to regain the ball asap, tactical acumen to know when to press and when to backtrack, strong in the air, comfortable on the ball. Working with Antonio will only enhance those his capabilities.

He will improve our depth massively. He can play Luiz, Cahill and Alonso's role, he can play as a CM too.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/820265586823430144
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:16 pm

That stat is honestly ridicolous Laughing Not only it shows how efficient and how smart he is in the selection of his shots, but also with what shit service from his teammates he's been scoring for fun.

Keep it up :bow:
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:23 am

I really hope he keeps it up, he is on track for a spot in our first team. :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:33 am

It's the start of Feb Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:26 am

:bow:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:52 pm

He reminds me of Lukaku during his Anderlecht spell. A young striker whose physical and technical qualities are far beyond his age and who is dominating a lesser league (I think it's fair to say Belgium First Division is roughly the same as Championship) and breaking records.

Let's hope that unlike Lukaku, Tammy can make it in our first team.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next