djoe26
usman111
Jamin
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WC? - Page 2 Empty Re: WC?

Post by Ali Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 pm

ahsanasif wrote:I may get grilled for this, but I think that our players have a tendency to become satisfied snobs right in the middle of the game, and that has led to our downfall more than once. Most embarrassingly, at Newcastle.

As for us being a hardworking team, again, I beg to differ. To play a style of football as we do requires hard work OFF the ball. More often than not, our players are napping when they should be pressing, bullying other players off the ball, and instead rely on conventional six yard box tackling and fortuitous interceptions. Even the most average of players can turn into difficult opponents if they are disciplined and committed.

If you wanna play possession football the right way, you gotta work your ass off on and off the ball.

welcome to the forum Smile

oh and btw, who the HELL were Cesc,Verminator, Clichy, and Nasri before we got them ? Twisted Evil

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:39 pm

In any case, the stars seem to be lining up with you guys with Aguero to Madrid... But will wenger drop 25-30 million for benzema? Man U may outbid you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:02 pm

I heard Benz. was a childhood Arsenal fan
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:37 pm

wenger loves benzema, we will get him dont worry. Also benzema would prefer Arsenal over man utd 9 times out of 10
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:52 pm

I've grown to really dislike the term "world class". It's used so commonly and so incorrectly that it has virtually lost all meaning.

Arsenal? Cesc, Sagna and RVP are bonafide WC.... but a lot of injury time there. Nasri and Wilshere emerged and are getting closer. Diaby is injured often and, thus, too inconsistent.

So now you're going to lose Cesc and Nasri and replace them with lesser player... and Arsenal will be fine?

It would be a disaster for the club if this is the direction it decides to go. This was the weakest Man U team in years. Next year, they will add more talent without subtracting any. Chelsea is doing the same.

Nasri is too inconsistent to be considered a genuine world class talent and I maintain that he is not irreplaceable and he is not going to be a huge miss for us.

What you've forgetten is that Arsenal have sold their best talents in the past and have still remained a top four side. Everyone thought we'd collpase when Vieira was sold but Fabregas stepped up. When Henry was sold, Adebayor stepped up and when Adebayor stopped performing, van Persie showed his true quality.

If, or when, Fabregas leaves someone will step up to fill the void. Will there be a slight period of transition? Yes, since the system was built around him. But would Arsenal survive the transition and remain a competitive club? Yes, I believe so.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:23 pm

ali8775 wrote:
ahsanasif wrote:I may get grilled for this, but I think that our players have a tendency to become satisfied snobs right in the middle of the game, and that has led to our downfall more than once. Most embarrassingly, at Newcastle.

As for us being a hardworking team, again, I beg to differ. To play a style of football as we do requires hard work OFF the ball. More often than not, our players are napping when they should be pressing, bullying other players off the ball, and instead rely on conventional six yard box tackling and fortuitous interceptions. Even the most average of players can turn into difficult opponents if they are disciplined and committed.

If you wanna play possession football the right way, you gotta work your ass off on and off the ball.

welcome to the forum Smile

oh and btw, who the HELL were Cesc,Verminator, Clichy, and Nasri before we got them ? Twisted Evil

Thanks!

They were Cesc, Verminator, Clichy and Nasri even before we got them. Razz
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I think saying that Cesc, Nasri, and Clichy will all leave us is a little premature. I honestly expect Cesc to stay given the combo of Wenger's statements and Barca's lack of money/need for him. Nasri is being a cock right now, but we'll see what happens. I'm actually most fearful for Clichy, the guy with the least drama and least incentive to move, probably because goal.com is acting like he's already a Liverpool player Neutral. That's just my intuition on the matter though.

Regardless, the players we've been linked with aren't necessarily seen as replacements for these guys. Gervinho would be stepping into Bendtner's shoes. Samba is a CB. Willian wouldn't necessarily be a replacement for Nasri. And I would be very surprised if we actually ended up signing N'Zogbia.

Until we actually sell our stars and buy clearly worse players, I'm not going to jump to conclusions. Arsene knows there are a lot of fans unhappy with him right now, and he has money (enough where he doesn't need to sell to buy).
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I've grown to really dislike the term "world class". It's used so commonly and so incorrectly that it has virtually lost all meaning.

Arsenal? Cesc, Sagna and RVP are bonafide WC.... but a lot of injury time there. Nasri and Wilshere emerged and are getting closer. Diaby is injured often and, thus, too inconsistent.

So now you're going to lose Cesc and Nasri and replace them with lesser player... and Arsenal will be fine?

It would be a disaster for the club if this is the direction it decides to go. This was the weakest Man U team in years. Next year, they will add more talent without subtracting any. Chelsea is doing the same.

Nasri is too inconsistent to be considered a genuine world class talent and I maintain that he is not irreplaceable and he is not going to be a huge miss for us.

What you've forgetten is that Arsenal have sold their best talents in the past and have still remained a top four side. Everyone thought we'd collpase when Vieira was sold but Fabregas stepped up. When Henry was sold, Adebayor stepped up and when Adebayor stopped performing, van Persie showed his true quality.

If, or when, Fabregas leaves someone will step up to fill the void. Will there be a slight period of transition? Yes, since the system was built around him. But would Arsenal survive the transition and remain a competitive club? Yes, I believe so.

That all sounds fine, till the point we realize that we haven't won squat for a while now.. And the need to do that this season is very very pressing..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:05 pm

srigooner wrote:That all sounds fine, till the point we realize that we haven't won squat for a while now.. And the need to do that this season is very very pressing..

Of course, but what have we won with Fabregas and Nasri? Nothing. Furthermore, one of the more prominent criticisms levelled at these two is that they do not show up in big games; Nasri especially, who performed poorly against United and Chelsea and in the Carling Cup final.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
srigooner wrote:That all sounds fine, till the point we realize that we haven't won squat for a while now.. And the need to do that this season is very very pressing..

Of course, but what have we won with Fabregas and Nasri? Nothing. Furthermore, one of the more prominent criticisms levelled at these two is that they do not show up in big games; Nasri especially, who performed poorly against United and Chelsea and in the Carling Cup final.

True that.. We definitely need to rebuild and the "youth/maturity" alibis are just lame now.. I still feel we need that passion and mental strength in the dressing room.. And I don't see that happening with Fabregas as the captain.. His "leading by example" is not good enough in the Premier League.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Definitely.

For me, people can talk about so called world class players all they like. It's not going to change the fact that Arsenal need more experience, more consistency, a better work ethic and mental toughness.

How many supposed world class players could Arsenal realistically get that posess all those traits?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:16 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Definitely.

For me, people can talk about so called world class players all they like. It's not going to change the fact that Arsenal need more experience, more consistency, a better work ethic and mental toughness.

How many supposed world class players could Arsenal realistically get that posess all those traits?

There are a few, but definitely not in our transfer budget.. I miss the days of Tony Adams and more recently, Viera.. I do however see that coming in 2-3 seasons from now when the likes of Wilshere, Rambo, Frimpong and all step up.. However, till that time, it is essential for us to keep hold of Fabregas and Nasri and even Clichy, just to maintain that much stability..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:49 am

GoonerJay29 wrote: Nasri is too inconsistent to be considered a genuine world class talent and I maintain that he is not irreplaceable and he is not going to be a huge miss for us.

Excellente posty! :coffee:
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I've grown to really dislike the term "world class". It's used so commonly and so incorrectly that it has virtually lost all meaning.

Havent you had more than enough of "competitive" than "dominant" ?

I for one hope Wenger comes out and says something bold and worthwhile , even if it it negative.
He needs to show that he is boss still and wont be pushed around, cause honestly , it looks like Wenger is being pushed around, not only by other clubs and managers , but by his own players.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:19 pm

I do not see how Wenger is "being pushed around" at all.

@ Jay, we cannot just act like everythings' fine. We could have easily ended up outside the top 4 had we not bought Arshavin that season. Furthermore, next season is going to be more competitive than every other one that we have faced. There are 6 realistic challengers for the top 4 places with a few others that are close to these 6 as well. This is going to be much tougher than before and, dare we get rid of Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy, I can find the task of finishing in the top 4, let alone winning the league, a very tedious one.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:22 pm

I think Cesc and N8 will stay my greatest fear is for Clichy.
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Iceman wrote:I do not see how Wenger is "being pushed around" at all.

@ Jay, we cannot just act like everythings' fine. We could have easily ended up outside the top 4 had we not bought Arshavin that season. Furthermore, next season is going to be more competitive than every other one that we have faced. There are 6 realistic challengers for the top 4 places with a few others that are close to these 6 as well. This is going to be much tougher than before and, dare we get rid of Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy, I can find the task of finishing in the top 4, let alone winning the league, a very tedious one.

You really think if this was Sir Alex Ferguson or Mourinho would allow their own players to create situations like this ?

You really think those two will allow players from other clubs to talk and tap up their players?

AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:34 pm

@AnJI - I love your sig.. Good one by Ze_GunMan.. Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:35 pm

srigooner wrote:@AnJI - I love your sig.. Good one by Ze_GunMan.. Smile

I agree, sig worthy for me
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:50 pm

i was about to use that too Sad
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 pm

AnJl wrote:Havent you had more than enough of "competitive" than "dominant" ?

I for one hope Wenger comes out and says something bold and worthwhile , even if it it negative.
He needs to show that he is boss still and wont be pushed around, cause honestly , it looks like Wenger is being pushed around, not only by other clubs and managers , but by his own players.

Believe me, I want nothing more than Arsenal to win multiple trophies. But circumstances have effected how this sqaud has been built. We didn't have the resources to make a dominant side, only a competitive one.

I don't see how Wenger is being pushed around, either.

I'm not acting like everything is fine, because I geuninely believe things will be okay if Fabregas and Nasri leave. We aren't a title winning team at the moment. We're a top four side who flirts with winning the title before utlimately finishing third or fourth. Someone will step up and team will finsih fourth or third again. That's what I believe.

Even with Liverpool investing heavily, City being City and Spurs being stronger than before; we can beat these teams.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:26 pm

AnJl wrote:
Iceman wrote:I do not see how Wenger is "being pushed around" at all.

You really think if this was Sir Alex Ferguson or Mourinho would allow their own players to create situations like this ?

You really think those two will allow players from other clubs to talk and tap up their players?

Money talks. If these guys were earning 100k+ wages like at those clubs, they wouldn't be saying anything at all, believe me. Not winning trophies isn't an excuse, because all the players at ManC are content with their mediocrity as long as they have big wages. Madrid haven't won shit in years, either. Since Arsenal rely on making the board rich a sound economic model, these guys just don't earn as much plus there aren't any superstar signings to inflate wages. It's also due to Arsenal's "selling club" nature, which I detest but it's the truth.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 am

AnJl wrote:
srigooner wrote:@AnJI - I love your sig.. Good one by Ze_GunMan.. Smile

I agree, sig worthy for me

imalegend wrote:i was about to use that too Sad

Hahaha, thanx gents. First part is by the controversial Lou Holtz, former American football coach. Should get him as our team psychologist lol!
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 am

AnJl wrote:

SAF? Does Rooney not ring a bell at all? And this all happened last season too...
As for Mourinho, he has not been at a club long enough to face any situation similar to this, so its futile to point it out.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 am

Iceman wrote:
AnJl wrote:

SAF? Does Rooney not ring a bell at all? And this all happened last season too...
As for Mourinho, he has not been at a club long enough to face any situation similar to this, so its futile to point it out.

Lol..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum