Giovanni10
justdoit_
Divine Intervention
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

:coffee: Empty :coffee:

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm

I see the general section full of Barca or Real related threads. How could this happen? A rather simple explanation...

First, who is a bandwagoner?

1.In sports, someone who shamelessly cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice or has been or is the top team in their specific sport recently. When that team which bandwagoners follow falls from grace, they gleefully jump on the next teams bandwagon and cheer for that team.
All Lakers fans are bandwagoners, ALL OF THEM, except maybe Jack Nicholson.

2.A fan of a particular sports team who had no previous interest in the team until they began winning. They often will claim that they have been "a fan forever." You must discredit them on every statement they make.
Ever since the Anaheim Angels won the World Series their baseball park is full of phony-ass bandwagon fans. That's why I root for the Dodgers.

3.In sports, someone who shamelessly cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice or has been or is the top team in their specific sport recently. When that team which bandwagoners follow falls from grace, they gleefully jump on the next teams bandwagon and cheer for that team.
James Simmons is the BIGGEST bandwagoner in the history of bandwagoners because he likes every sports team know to man! How dumb.

4.In sports, someone who selectively cheers for a particular team (Team A) not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because another team (Team B) that he does not like, happens to be doing worse than Team A. This person then enjoys ridiculing fans of Team B, and often will claim that they have been "a fan forever", but only for the time being, because when Team B performs better than Team A, they then go back into hiding and remain silent.
The Rudde bandwagoner hopped on the band wagon and bragged about the Padres, but only when they were doing better than the Dodgers.

5.Bandwagoner: Dallas Mavericks fans.
Hey, wasn't the Mavs fan over there in a Stars jersey yesterday? What a bandwagoner!

Now that you know the definition choose the one which suits yourself the best. One word which could explain the mysterious situation in general section, a wonder word. I don't even need to explain further :coffee:

Last edited by Divine Intervention on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

:coffee: Empty Re: :coffee:

Post by justdoit_ Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't disagree with you, but be prepared to take some ish for this.

justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

justdoit_ wrote:I don't disagree with you, but be prepared to take some ish for this.

I'm prepared for the battle of e-cocks! I never ever knew a Shakhter fan, hello!
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Ricardo Quaresma thread.. Full of promise, turned out cr@p
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 pm

There are not only bandwagoners around here, trust me Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:Ricardo Quaresma thread.. Full of promise, turned out cr@p
Messi and Ronaldo aren't the only football players just as Real and Barca don't represent the whole club football.
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:05 pm

rwo power wrote:There are not only bandwagoners around here, trust me Very Happy
I noticed four, yourself, immaculate_mole,just_droit and viva something.
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:13 pm

I think nobody suits your list here. actually bandwagoner never gets angry because as you said he doesnt care about team so much
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:14 pm

You gotta understand one thing-literally 90 per cent of fans are BANDWAGONERS. At some point they start supporting the team because of certain players, style of play, particular memorable matches...

Man, I support Milan and Lakers, two big teams, not being Italian or American. I dont call myself a die hard fan. But, I started backing these teams due to players (Maldini, Sheva, Gattuso, Kobe, Fisher), not their glory moments. If they go down tmr, I am staying with them till the end.

Mole, etc are location-tied fans. Not many people will back small teams, not being related to them smh
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:18 pm

my buddy became a heat fan all of sudden last year. i was not amused.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I dont know about bandwagoners but there's alot of people at this forum who supports more than 1 team. To me thats pretty weird.. who the hell are you going to cheer for if they go head 2 head against each other, both?

small clubs from your own country are excluded of course

Last edited by xabi on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:21 pm

xabi wrote:I dont know about bandwagoners but there's alot of people at this forum who supports more than 1 team. To me thats pretty weird to me who the hell are you going to cheer for if they go head 2 head against each other, both?

some small clubs from your own country are excluded of course

THANK YOU
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:21 pm

PinePHresh wrote:my buddy became a heat fan all of sudden last year. i was not amused.
I think losers who have unfullfilled life become bandwagoners to project the success of others onto themselves. All in all, they still remain losers but in essense they won't feel sad about their circumstances anymore.

Last edited by Divine Intervention on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Mole, etc are location-tied fans. Not many people will back small teams, not being related to them smh
Actually I have much bigger teams close by, too - Schalke is 15km away, Dortmund 30km, Bochum around 30km too, then D'dorf 35km, M'Gladbach 50km, Köln 70km... The Ruhr Area has lots of interesting clubs, but I stick with lowly little RWO from currently the 3rd tier ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:23 pm

rwo power wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:Mole, etc are location-tied fans. Not many people will back small teams, not being related to them smh
Actually I have much bigger teams close by, too - Schalke is 15km away, Dortmund 30km, Bochum around 30km too, then D'dorf 35km, M'Gladbach 50km, Köln 70km... The Ruhr Area has lots of interesting clubs, but I stick with lowly little RWO from currently the 3rd tier ^^
Pwned! Thumbs up, more fans like him are welcome!
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:23 pm

But Wiggles didn't you support inter last season, now you support Napoli... :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 pm

jibers wrote: But Wiggles didn't you support inter last season, now you support Napoli... :coffee:
99% of Manchester United fans are bandwagoners, fact :coffee:
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Divine Intervention wrote:
PinePHresh wrote:my buddy became a heat fan all of sudden last year. i was not amused.
I think losers who have unfullfilled life become bandwagoners to project the success of others onto themselves. All in all, they still remain losers but in essense they won't feel sad about their circumstances anymore.

lol are you implying something?

Anyway it's not healthy to base one's self esteem around a pro sports team. I don't think there are many people in this world who actually do that. Most of us are fans of big teams because we live far away from Europe and we enjoy good football.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:30 pm

I think you started backing Napoli because of Maradona (if u are old enough) or of Cavani now
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:35 pm

PinePHresh wrote:

lol are you implying something?

Anyway it's not healthy to base one's self esteem around a pro sports team. I don't think there are many people in this world who actually do that. Most of us are fans of big teams because we live far away from Europe and we enjoy good football.
A theory is a theory *looks at evolution thread* .
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Bayern fan since 97ish, but not a bandwagoner.

I'm just fiercely municiotric (patriotic version of city? xD) about Munich having grown up there and it being the best city in the world and I actually support Bayern, 1860, and Unterhaching and am glad to have lived through a period when al 3 where in the Buli.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I think you started backing Napoli because of Maradona (if u are old enough) or of Cavani now
If I started supporting during Maradona era then my bandwagoner status expired loooooooooong ago.
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:42 pm

If you support a club, it can be because of three reasons:

It is your local club. Everyone supports their home team, as small as it may be.

You just randomly picked it(hardly happens). OR

You chose this team because it was once successful. There is a reason that Madrid, Milan, Manchester, Bayern etc have more fans than Levante, Parma, Newcastle and St Pauli. They are BIG CLUBS.

So we were all bandwagoners at first. The key is whether you stick and become a true fan, or remain a bandwagoner with no interest in the club and drift off when the start losing, like all clubs do eventually.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 pm

jibers wrote: But Wiggles didn't you support inter last season, now you support Napoli... :coffee:

If you say so wiggles... :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 pm

jibers wrote:

If you say so wiggles... :coffee:
I ain't wiggles but you seem to have a great homo love for him. I ain't homophobe so feel free to express your bro love as much as to your liking, mydear Manu bandwagoner :coffee:
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next