Lord Spencer
zizzle
El Chelsea Fuerte
zarola
12 posters

Go down

Ancient Alien Theory Empty Ancient Alien Theory

Post by zarola Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:08 pm

It's a decent documentary if anyone is interested in that kind of stuff.
Has anybody else heard of that stuff before?

Let me sum it up for those who do not want to watch:

They explain that the reason why many religions are so similar is because people weren't visited by God and angels 2000 years ago they were visited by aliens in which they misinterpreted.

They then have a lot of evidence that may support such a claim. Here are some I can think of off the top of my head:
- There are mountains in South America that are flat when they should be like normal mountains, they almost look like landing strips
- it would explain things like the pyramids; how people were so technologically advanced back then
- many catholic, jewish and islamic texts all suggest gods coming down from the skies, and if you read the texts literally it almost sounds like they're describing a spacecraft.
- In WW2 some troops landed on an island frequently and to thank the natives there they supplied them with food. The natives of that island had no knowledge of any advanced technology such as flying aircraft so they began building statues and worshipping these aircrafts which supplied them with food. This could've been similar to what happened 2000 years ago with aliens
- There's many many many more things they suggest to prove their theory

One guy in the video raises the point that in the bible, it focuses on how one should live their life, not on how to use technology, so the ancient alien theory is implausible.

What is your opinions on this subject? Do you think it's possible? It's practically factual? It's ridiculous?

I think that this could very likely be real, and it makes more sense than any religion to me, but I still have no idea what to believe.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Ancient Alien Theory Empty Re: Ancient Alien Theory

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:42 pm

I didn't watch the video but based on your summary I think it's ridiculous.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 pm

I don't get how that's anymore ridiculous than an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do every minute of everyday and the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do and if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture where he will send you to suffer and choke and scream and burn and cry forever and ever until the end of time -- but he loves you

to quote George Carlin ^^

Don't call people's beliefs ridiculous without even stating any reasons to suggest why you feel that way.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:01 pm

zarola wrote:I don't get how that's anymore ridiculous than an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do every minute of everyday and the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do and if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture where he will send you to suffer and choke and scream and burn and cry forever and ever until the end of time -- but he loves you

Don't call people's beliefs ridiculous without even stating any reasons to suggest why you feel that way.

Any problems, bro? You asked for an opinion and I gave you one. Now whether I want to write a paragraph explaining that that's my choice.

And the only reason you have said that you like this theory is because it sounds less ridiculous to say than believing in God...meaning that it could be very well be ridiculous too...scratch

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 pm

i watched 3 or 4 episodes of this series. First it was very interesting and it made alot of sense to me, then in later episodes they would mention stuff that contradicts what have been mentioned earlier just to make a theory stand. at that point i realized that this is only a TV show that cares more about views than facts and i lost interest in it

but the amount of evidence in this episode is astonishing, and there has been other solid arguments in other episodes. Maybe Aliens do exist and they did help previous generations, but another equally rational theory might suggest that we simply under rate previous generations who could have more developed than we think they were
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 pm

zizzle wrote:i watched 3 or 4 episodes of this series. First it was very interesting and it made alot of sense to me, then in later episodes they would mention stuff that contradicts what have been mentioned earlier just to make a theory stand. at that point i realized that this is only a TV show that cares more about views than facts and i lost interest in it

but the amount of evidence in this episode is astonishing, and there has been other solid arguments in other episodes. Maybe Aliens do exist and they did help previous generations, but another equally rational theory might suggest that we simply under rate previous generations who could have more developed than we think they were

yeah, this was the first episode that I watched from the series, and then I tried watching some other ones and they were either repetitive or they went too far and were saying things that didn't make any sense: they were obviously running out of ideas. But as you said other bad episodes doesn't ruin this episode, it raises very good points........ man my mind is blown when I think about things like this, I need answers Razz
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:08 pm

english_jewel wrote:
zarola wrote:I don't get how that's anymore ridiculous than an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do every minute of everyday and the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do and if you do ANY of these ten things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture where he will send you to suffer and choke and scream and burn and cry forever and ever until the end of time -- but he loves you

Any problems, bro? You asked for an opinion and I gave you one. Now whether I want to write a paragraph explaining that that's my choice.

And the only reason you have said that you like this theory is because it sounds less ridiculous to say than believing in God...meaning that it could be very well be ridiculous too...scratch

if you think it's alright to just flat out call what someone believes ridiculous then you're going to have a lot of problems in life
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:15 pm

On a perfectly architictural point of view, the pyramids are a natural improvement in architecture.

There were more failed pyramids than ones who were built correctly.

I agree with Zizzle that this is first and foremost a TV show, and second a thesis. The evidence fits the thesis, and not the evidence suggest the thesis. Which is IMO the wrong way to prove a thesis. Their explanation of the Islamic test is largely inaccurate, and would suggest they are just grouping it with the other two. I have not read all of the other two so I can't say on that.

Also, you would think those Aliens would visit some time again. I personally think no Aliens exist, but the probability of Aliens existing is not negligible. The probability of Aliens visiting the earth is much lower than them existing.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:On a perfectly architictural point of view, the pyramids are a natural improvement in architecture.

I agree with Zizzle that this is first and foremost a TV show, and second a thesis. The evidence fits the thesis, and not the evidence suggest the thesis. Which is IMO the wrong way to prove a thesis. Their explanation of the Islamic test is largely inaccurate, and would suggest they are just grouping it with the other two. I have not read all of the other two so I can't say on that.

Also, you would think those Aliens would visit some time again. I personally think no Aliens exist, but the probability of Aliens existing is not negligible. The probability of Aliens visiting the earth is much lower than them existing.

I would agree with this as well. Possibly the best thing I got out of this show was learning about Michio Kaku, I'd highly recommend watching this video.

. It is very wise for you to say "The probability of Aliens visiting the earth is much lower than them existing" . This guy touches on that, in one part of the video he talks about what you said, saying that humans are so ... what's the word, like...we think everything revolves around us and that we expect aliens are soooo badly going to want to come to earth to find us, when in reality we're just one of many planets in many galaxies. He talks about other things too it's pretty interesting =p
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:03 pm

The univers is too big for Aliens how ever advanced they are to stumble upon our little planet.

The probability of them doing that, and them doing that in the small time span humans existed in is very^9265926 small.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:45 am

i think its hard to deny the existence of aliens, and the rest is your imagination!

perhaps they existed long enough to advance in technologies enough to able to track any planet in any galaxy

or perhaps we are the most advanced

we can draw parallels to many things
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:43 pm

if other intelligent beings exist in the universe then we're not the most advanced as our planet is relativly new compared to other planets in the universe. As one scientist puts it, A civilization advanced enough to reach us would look our planet the way we look at an Ant Colony.

So yea we over rate ourselves to think that these highly advanced civilizations that have the ability to travel the universe would be interested in other forms of life that used to shit in a pocket a couple of centuries ago
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm

english_jewel wrote:I didn't watch the video but based on your summary I think it's ridiculous.

as an indian this series would interest you as indian history and mythology has been quated more than anything else in there. would that make ur history ridiculous ? im not sure it does
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:27 pm

anyone read the book?? i am thinking of getting the Chariots of God.....i find this topic interesting
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:38 pm

zizzle wrote:
english_jewel wrote:I didn't watch the video but based on your summary I think it's ridiculous.

as an indian this series would interest you as indian history and mythology has been quated more than anything else in there. would that make ur history ridiculous ? im not sure it does

What kind of comparison are you making? This video says that aliens visited Earth and doubts the existence of God. How is that related to Indian mythology?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:44 pm

english_jewel wrote:
zizzle wrote:

What kind of comparison are you making? This video says that aliens visited Earth and doubts the existence of God. How is that related to Indian mythology?

its a series man, maybe this episode did not go in detail into indian mythology but they did in other episodes. Matter of fact one guy went as far as saying "what we're talking about is nothing new in india"

i dont think the main point of this series is to dispute the existence of god but i agree they do try to send that message. i personally watched it coz there's a ton of interesting information in it, and as i said before, this series isnt exactly credible so i wont base my belief in god on a television series
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:50 pm

i'd also like to add that if something makes sense in a logical way it doesnt mean its true. Without any advanced knowledge in Astronomy it would be safe to assume that the sun rotates around the earth coz thats how it looks like, so dont let any logical argument deceive you as we're far from knowing all the contributing factors.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:01 pm

"I'll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. Right?"

from the movie Contact 1997
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm

zarola wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:On a perfectly architictural point of view, the pyramids are a natural improvement in architecture.

I would agree with this as well. Possibly the best thing I got out of this show was learning about Michio Kaku, I'd highly recommend watching this video.

. It is very wise for you to say "The probability of Aliens visiting the earth is much lower than them existing" . This guy touches on that, in one part of the video he talks about what you said, saying that humans are so ... what's the word, like...we think everything revolves around us and that we expect aliens are soooo badly going to want to come to earth to find us, when in reality we're just one of many planets in many galaxies. He talks about other things too it's pretty interesting =p
thats an interesting video,thanks for sharing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:10 am

zizzle wrote:

zizzle wrote:
its a series man, maybe this episode did not go in detail into indian mythology but they did in other episodes. Matter of fact one guy went as far as saying "what we're talking about is nothing new in india"

i dont think the main point of this series is to dispute the existence of god but i agree they do try to send that message. i personally watched it coz there's a ton of interesting information in it, and as i said before, this series isnt exactly credible so i wont base my belief in god on a television series

Er but Indian history or mythology dont talked about alien existence or about life in other planets.So how would this be "nothing new in India "? Doesnt make sense to me.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:25 am

according to them it talked about flying objects, aerial battle, and people descending from the sky and such things. They didnt say indians already believe in aliens, but if a flying device existed thousands of years ago then sure as hell humans didnt make it.

start at 14:00 if you're interested
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Ancient Alien Theory Aliens11

I believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life, but I believe that it is too far away for it to matter. All we can do is listen for the radio signals.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:25 pm

dam you!!!!! you got me addicted to this show
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:35 pm

does the show explain why aliens don't bother giving us technology and buildings and shit now?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:18 pm

che wrote:does the show explain why aliens don't bother giving us technology and buildings and shit now?
Because we have nukes... (and Justin Bieber). If you saw a planet with those things wouldn't you stay away?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum