Ganso
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

City alone topping the BPL - Page 2 Empty Re: City alone topping the BPL

Post by Iceman Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:38 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Not every team starting good is chelsea last season.Chelsea last season suffered because they didnt replace the players they let go in last summer like Ballack , Cole (decent sub ) Deco and co.So they struggled when hit with injuries.But City have a great squad depth to suffer anything like that.

If Aguero gets injured, City are WORSE off than last year because they won't be playing Tevez either. The squad is exactly the same lackluster, boring, unimpressive squad of last season bar the new additions. If they get injured, like Chelsea's players did, then City will end up with the same fate. I don't see the difference. Just because they spent so much on players doesn't mean they'll perform. They were struggling to perform last season and the same might happen when the injuries kick in this season.

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Iceman wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Not every team starting good is chelsea last season.Chelsea last season suffered because they didnt replace the players they let go in last summer like Ballack , Cole (decent sub ) Deco and co.So they struggled when hit with injuries.But City have a great squad depth to suffer anything like that.

If Aguero gets injured, City are WORSE off than last year because they won't be playing Tevez either. The squad is exactly the same lackluster, boring, unimpressive squad of last season bar the new additions. If they get injured, like Chelsea's players did, then City will end up with the same fate. I don't see the difference. Just because they spent so much on players doesn't mean they'll perform. They were struggling to perform last season and the same might happen when the injuries kick in this season.

:lol!: :bow: :bow: :bow: drinking
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:41 pm

League is won against these teams not solely on result against top 4 ffs
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:43 pm

City haven't faced the big boys yet, so let's not get excited.

They face United soon and then from November to December they face:
Napoli
Liverpool
Bayern
Chelsea
Arsenal
Stoke

Fun times Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Adit wrote:League is won against these teams not solely on result against top 4 ffs

Surprised a Madrid fan is actually saying this. :lol!:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:50 pm

who gives a shit about the "big boys"? i never understood this obsession with big games over the course of a season...

3 points is 3 points, doesn't matter if they come against norwich or man utd... if city won't drop points against relegation fodder they can lose every game with other top 4 teams 0:6 and still have a shot at the title
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Gil wrote:
Adit wrote:League is won against these teams not solely on result against top 4 ffs

why surprised?? in pelles year we lost league bcz of lost points against minnows.and look at us now,we lost 5 points against relegation contenders already..

Last edited by Adit on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:03 pm

che wrote:who gives a shit about the "big boys"? i never understood this obsession with big games over the course of a season...

3 points is 3 points, doesn't matter if they come against norwich or man utd... if city won't drop points against relegation fodder they can lose every game with other top 4 teams 0:6 and still have a shot at the title
This

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:05 pm

It's interesting how i make a thread about a City being top, which is a fact, and the main response is "but but they havent played a top team yet..."

that's called butthurt
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:08 pm

But everyone aware of the EPL knew this fact, so what was the point of the thread in the first place?

As if Serie A fans or Bundesliga fans care what goes on in the EPL anyway
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Lex wrote:But everyone aware of the EPL knew this fact, so what was the point of the thread in the first place?

As if Serie A fans or Bundesliga fans care what goes on in the EPL anyway

Are you being serious? scratch .

how do you know they dont?

you guys are clearly bothered with City being top of the league, i cant understand why
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Adit wrote:
Gil wrote:

why surprised?? in pelles year we lost league bcz of lost points against minnows.and look at us now,we lost 5 points against relegation contenders already..
Correct me if I'm wrong but if Madrid won at least one of their 2 games against Barcelona in each of the last 2 seasons they would have won the League.

I understand what you're saying though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Beating all the minnows now does not mean they will beat them come January or March. See Chelsea of last season.

Especially not in the PL. They will drop points and if their big side showing is as good as it was against Bayern, well... More points dropped.

Still far to early to go to conclusions, this being the best league in the world and anything can happen (except ManU losing the league).
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Iceman wrote:

I guess you didn't watch the game today or see the team they put out there?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:18 am

rwo power wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Manchester City still have chance of qualifying for Cpl group stage, the group is still very open....
A chance, yes. A realistic chance? I'm not so sure.

It's two games in and Napoli are far more susceptible to tragedy. A draw in England can't be seen as translating to victory in Italy, though obviously I hope this is the case.

As it stands, Napoli, even with their loss today to Parma, have been playing fantastic football, however they're close to their ceiling when it comes to producing performances. In Europe however, City are nowhere near their potential and with the ability to improve so much I wouldn't write them off at all. For all we know City may earn more points against Villarreal than Napoli do. Too many teams - unfortunately English ones - have made miraculous recoveries from the group stage after being annihilated in their first three games such as Newcastle and Liverpool. If Napoli can grab a point against Bayern and Villarreal upset City, then I'll begin to hope that they're going out.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:24 am

I'm going to the Etihad stadium to see the City - Villarreal match.

Only going to see Borja play live. smoking
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 am

i don?t get the epl fans hate on city on here. What really matters in a league of 38 matches is beating the minnows, u can always settle for a draw against the big boys and still end up winning the title.

So far so good, city are worthy table toppers and i just hope they keep up with the performances
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 am

Fantastic team City is, Ballotelli was a class act in the match, he really oozes talent, they were playing without Aguero, Silva, Dzeko and Nasri, yet tore Aston Villa apart. I think they have a very good chance of winning the league this year, their squad is too deep to win nothing.

I think it's naive to think United are going to easily carry this league they've lost the air of invincibility they started the league with and were imo the worse side in their last matches against Benfica, Basel, Chelsea, Norwich and Liverpool. They sometimes appear to be riding their luck to victories and draws, I hope they run out of luck soon.

Congratulations City!!!!
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:07 am

Of course the EPL fans are upset Ciry are topping the league, just as Milan fans would be upset Inter is topping the league and Madrid fans being upset Barca is topping the league.

Among the EPL fans in GL, there is only one MCity fan, and he is probably enjoying himself right now. So according to some of you, EPL fans should just be happy and dance because City are topping the league.

Seriously, that is ridicilous.

Also, matches against big teams ARE more important, they are called 6 pointers for a reason. They also affect form, and statistically speaking, not team have won the EPL without performing relatively well against the top teams. Napoli last year failed to win the Serie A because of that reason.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:15 am

In regards to champions league qualification City still have chance to qualify but that depends on Napoli home and away performance against Bayern.

If Napolis lost both games then City have good chance of qualify and if Napoli win both Game against Bayern, city also have a good chance of qualify but that also depends on their performance against Villarreal.

My prediction goes like this.

Match 1/2

Bayern........6
Napoli.........4
City............1
Villarreal......0

Match day 3
Bayern.........9
Napoli.........4
City............4
Villarreal......0

Match day 4
Bayern.........12
City..............7
Napoli...........4
Villareal.........0

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:18 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Of course the EPL fans are upset Ciry are topping the league, just as Milan fans would be upset Inter is topping the league and Madrid fans being upset Barca is topping the league.

Among the EPL fans in GL, there is only one MCity fan, and he is probably enjoying himself right now. So according to some of you, EPL fans should just be happy and dance because City are topping the league.

Also, matches against big teams ARE more important, they are called 6 pointers for a reason. They also affect form, and statistically speaking, not team have won the EPL without performing relatively well against the top teams. Napoli last year failed to win the Serie A because of that reason.
according to your logic, milan will most likely not win the league this season because they've been shit against the top teams, right?
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 pm

uzonero wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Of course the EPL fans are upset Ciry are topping the league, just as Milan fans would be upset Inter is topping the league and Madrid fans being upset Barca is topping the league.

according to your logic, milan will most likely not win the league this season because they've been shit against the top teams, right?

If being Shit against the top teams can be said after three games then yes City alone topping the BPL - Page 2 2859867778
However, since we still have the two Inter games, the two Roma games, another game with Juve, Napoli, and Lazio, we still have a chance.

I am not using Logic, simple statistics show that sides who perform in the big games are more likely to win.
Points will get lost, but losing a fellow contender is a 6 pointer and a huge form changer.

Last year, we beat Napoli and Inter twice. If Inter beat us once, they would have had the title (unless we beat them by a bigger score). And if Napoli beat us twice they would have had the title.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Lol anyone who doesnt consider city as massive title contenders is kiddin themselves and if were talkin about beating minnows mean nothing.

Just at arsenal these last few years always did pretty well against top teams but the minnows screwed us Sad

If anything makin sure u bag 3 points against minnows is more important.

Dnt care what anyone says but city are def favorites for the league
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Beating all the minnows now does not mean they will beat them come January or March. See Chelsea of last season.

Especially not in the PL. They will drop points and if their big side showing is as good as it was against Bayern, well... More points dropped.

Still far to early to go to conclusions, this being the best league in the world and anything can happen (except ManU losing the league).

I actually thought they played a great first half against Bayern. Bayern were certainly better in the end, but that display by City, how they started the match against Bayern... That's how you win silverware.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 pm

[quote="VivaStPauli"]
Sushi Master wrote:I actually thought they played a great first half against Bayern. Bayern were certainly better in the end, but that display by City, how they started the match against Bayern... That's how you win silverware.
They played great for 30 minutes ^^ If they want to win they'd have to keep that up for 90, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Arsenal would be filled by silverware if showing 30 mins of top football got you there banana
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: