Lord Spencer
elmickio
The Madrid One
BiasedMilanFan3
FC_Hollywood
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why does no one play PES? Empty Why does no one play PES?

Post by FC_Hollywood Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 pm

AFAIK FIFA is terrible and unrealistic. I played it several times and I like PES better. Any pes fans here?

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Why does no one play PES? Empty Re: Why does no one play PES?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 pm

I've played heaps of PES

But FIFA is really like the CoD of the sport games. Many will like it, Many will hate it, and in the end, everyone will get it no matter what they do to the game... because its FIFA

Also I would say that FIFA and PES are the same in terms of realism
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:30 am

i dont know, i guess because fifa is very famous because it is actually great.. its actually the most complete football game out there, and they keep getting better and better, theyve kind of created a monopoly, like microsoft

but then theres the competition which more open minded people, or the people who dont like fifa play..

ones just more famous than the other after years of success, fifa has decelpoed into the benchmark..

having said that, pes is a good game, but i dont like it as much as fifa
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Played PES since the days of ISS and still do, and have been playing FIFA since 94

The thing with PES is that once it made the jump to next gen, it wasn't that great and FIFA did make a decent game around 09.

But after playing the latest version of PES i can say that it's a very good game and more substance than it's rival.

When i read reviews regarding PEs the reviewer always mentions that PEs has bettr gameplay than FIFA but lacks in licences and always ends up with a poorer review because of this, to me never makes sense?

FIFA has a huge following, because for the normal player it's simple to pick and play straight away where PEs will take a month or so to master.

FIFA also is very generiac in goals scored and nothing really organic, very set up seems the same, it takes quite long to get the ball about the field etc, wheras you never really seem to score the same goal twice while playing PES, each goal you score you feel like you have achieved something.

Thankfully there's communties that offer chances to make your teams look fully licence with amazing option files etc. I create my own classic team options file with the greats like AC MILAN consisting of players like ALBERTINI, van Basten and SHEVA etc. with classic kits etc. 18 teams in all. (email me if you want it, finished soon)

Maybe its me and am old and set on my ways and that people seem to be slighlty fickle and superficial that they'll buy a game because of a license or kit, but i guess thats the world we live in now

peace

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:22 am

Being a fan of customization, PES is naturally my choice. I am also loyal to the game, since FIFA only produced a decent game after shamelessly copying the PES model and changing the buttons around 2008.

PES is also more difficult on single player as the AI is smarter and actually tries to win.

PES's problem is that they care about substance more than presentation and presentation is what hooks the average fan. Although, PES has a strong fan-base, and that fan base don't give a rat's ass about licenses since they do them on their own anyway.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 am

PES graphics resemble those of the PlayStation1, is why.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 am

Been playing PES a long time
The only way I can play the game is on pc with alot of option files....
Its a nice change of pace if I get tired of FIFA
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Pes runs choppy and doesnt not feel realistic at all.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 pm

ColoJunior wrote:Pes runs choppy and doesnt not feel realistic at all.

But the critics say PES's greatest strength is that its more realistic and deep than FIFA.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Being a fan of customization, PES is naturally my choice. I am also loyal to the game, since FIFA only produced a decent game after shamelessly copying the PES model and changing the buttons around 2008.

PES is also more difficult on single player as the AI is smarter and actually tries to win.

PES's problem is that they care about substance more than presentation and presentation is what hooks the average fan. Although, PES has a strong fan-base, and that fan base don't give a rat's ass about licenses since they do them on their own anyway.

Laughing
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
ColoJunior wrote:Pes runs choppy and doesnt not feel realistic at all.

But the critics say PES's greatest strength is that its more realistic and deep than FIFA.

But its really not.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:20 pm

It is. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:31 pm

I played PES up until PES 2009 because then FIFA improved alot. PES used to be about fun gameplay rather than realism but then they saw the success that FIFA was having on FIFA 09 with a focus on realism and they tried to go down that route too but for me it isn't as good. If they were to go back to the old formula of fun gameplay > realism then I would play it again, but they seem to want to beat FIFA at it's own game and it sadly it falls short.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:44 pm

I still play PES and i enjoy it way more than FIFA.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fishball Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 am

because most people are casual gamers and cant be arsed to tweak tactics and all the shit you need to play a good game of PES.

hence the fifa fever.
fishball
fishball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Like 3 years ago it was more realistic then Fifa, but now its just akward and strange.

I love the tactical side of the game on it and certain aspects are good, but overall as a game I find it horrible.

Sad, was a Pro player for almost 10 years overall through all the name changes...but now, its simply terrible for me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Because its crap now lol.......

I was a PES fanboy from back in the International Superstar Soccer days, but this generation its been a pile of poo.......

Fifa FTW Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

fishball wrote:because most people are casual gamers and cant be arsed to tweak tactics and all the shit you need to play a good game of PES.

hence the fifa fever.

:lol!: (At you, not with you)

I can only speak for myself, I don't consider myself a casual gamer and I welcome challenging games. Fifa 12 is definitely tactical (If only EA would fix this custom tactic bug :facepalm:)

I downloaded the PES 12 demo and it was lacking. I'll admit I never got around to playing much of the old ones, but it seems obvious that Fifa has become the superior game (from what I have read in this thread).

Back to top Go down

Post by fishball Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:59 pm

opinions differ bro, and i respect yours.

heres the thing, i tried fifa, its even still installed on my pc. but it lacks that one thing that really made me cling to pes. in fact, after a month or so of the game (including the demo), i have grown tired of it. all i see is repetitions of the same plays and goals over and over again.

pes is deeper in many ways, but it lacked a lot in the esthetics department. the graphics and mostly the transition in the animation which made many to turn their backs on it before even trying.

but then again its only my opinion.
fishball
fishball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:05 pm

I wish I had given the old PES games a chance, I have nothing to judge the Fifa against. This year I do feel like the Fifa offers more variety and I actually find myself playing career mode. It's very difficult, but it's really allowing me to improve my defense.

Part of the reason I didn't play much of the demo is because learning the tricks seems to take some effort (PES).

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:17 pm

One thing i still love about PES is that all the goals are different are different and they are many different ways of gameplay.....

It definitely is still more indepth than Fifa in that regard, but one thing that Fishball also mentioned is that PES animations( be it dribbling styles, passing or shooting) is still terribly outdated and Fifa has a huge advantage in that regard......

I'll be honest if PES had a decent online( and not get lag when you play someone who lives 10 mins down the road Mad ) and animations were up to date i would probably prefer it over Fifa......

But unfortunatly those two things are massive for me so i prefer Fifa these days until such time PES has better animations and better online.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Saying PES has better online than Fifa is like me saying I can see better than a blind man.

Way to go, captain obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:33 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I wish I had given the old PES games a chance, I have nothing to judge the Fifa against. This year I do feel like the Fifa offers more variety and I actually find myself playing career mode. It's very difficult, but it's really allowing me to improve my defense.

Part of the reason I didn't play much of the demo is because learning the tricks seems to take some effort (PES).

Tricks are generally pretty f**king hard to pull off in Pro Evo. It's always been notorious for that factor. I've been playing pro evo for around 6 years, and I've never really had to resort to pulling off fancy tricks and flicks. I think it makes sense as well, because other than to beat the player in front, most players rarely "showboat" in reality anymore. Last year saw me trying a few tricks out in PES2011, and it wasn't too bad since they implemented "link feints" to make it easier. Helped give me that extra couple of feet on my covering defender..but it still wasn't always dependable, regardless of all the sexy goals scored

Reverted back to rarely using tricks, for Pro2012. And it's working well so far. No need for tricks if you master your passing. @Tetra - if you're interested in checking out PES again..I'd advise that you don't limit yourself by using tricks ( i know it sounds paradoxical..but for me..anytime that i spend not concentrating on passing and runs, is limiting my gameplay ). Just try passing the ball around..feeling the fluidity..and soon space will open. Have faith. For space shall always open Smile

And in response to the OP. People play PES Smile. We're just too busy trying to beat the ridiculous A.I in the new game, to come online and talk about it Very Happy . With that said...I'm only here now because I bought Arkham City...allowing me a little breather from PES.

In the end..it's just a matter of choice.

Unrelated note : Uncharted 3 + BF3 + Revelations + Arkham City, all releasing within the space of a month. Lord have mercy
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:39 pm

I'm not a trick stick abuser, I use tricks to create time and or create space, it's an essential part of my game. I also have pretty good build up and pass play (or at least I'd like to think so), I love using the manual through ball Very Happy.

It's not that I have to use tricks, I just want to know them and how to do them, if the proper moment should arise. I'll look into some youtube tutorials and give the demo another try.

P.S. I must say that this years A.I. in Fifa is quite realistic and have literally improved my defending. I'd say my defense is top 3 in these forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm actually genuinely interested in how the forum FIFA games are going. Bit of wishful thinking because I know noones gonna bother setting one up for PES.

Who are the top 3 posters you've played so far Tetra ? It's always interesting to add another dimension like this. Online PES in 2011, I resorted to using West Ham and Aston Villa to rip teams like Barca/Madrid/Chelsea apart. Good ol Obinna/Keane/Boa Morte Very Happy .

Also, the fact that a few Madrid fans pick Barcelona as their team is pretty amusing.

It's been years since I've played with Madrid or felt Ronaldo's movements. My friend ( Liverpool die-hard ) actually goes out of his way adjusting rosters, and makes sure he never plays with a MANC. Even took to playing portugal without nani, and england..without mancs..so picture that.

Pretty frustrating when you're trying to get a competitive game, and this douchebag has shawcross instead of ferdinand..crouch instead of rooney..etc

The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next