McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 am

Henderson & Downing!!! Seriously!!! For that price!!!

How good is this Henderson kid!!! If we are going to pay 10, 15 or 18.5 million (now wait a sec, is this euro or GBP!!!) he has to be a huge (I mean HUGE) improvement over Shelvy, is he!!! And all that for a position where we have some cover.

Downing is alright. But I would have preferred Albrighton, specially for the price mentioned. I think ManU is going to pay similar amount for Young and Mata or Jonson would have cost marginally more.

I'm not complaining, just a bit distraught.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:18.5m seems too much for me. I'd rather Charlie Adam. >.>

What's this mean for Shelvey now?

But Henderson and Shelvy play different positions . Henderson plays on RW or right midfield ( Gerrard ) and Shelvy has so far only played as an AM . Also Shelvy needs a loan spell as he isnt first team material imo .

1 argument i would say for Henderson vs Adam is age . Henderson is only 20 and can become Gerrard replacement in 2,3 years when Gerrard becomes a squad players. Adam will be 28 by then . Also maybe Henderson being versatile may have tilted in his favour .

Shelvey is more complete than Henderson, he can play in a lot more positions. Henderson is just the better player at the moment as he has gotten PL experience week in, week out with Sunderland. Henderson, is a lot like Shelvey, as they are both CM naturally. If Shelvey goes out on loan, we'd have to buy another midfielder. We needed a CM to help Gerrard and Meireles for rotation, and Shelvey was that person for Kenny up until the injury that threatened the rest of the season. Spearing was only going to be Lucas' replacement IMO. Then, with Gerrard and Shelvey out, and seeing as we always play a 3man-trio midfield, he was forced to play and did brilliantly.

Your argument is valid with the age, though Shelvey could easily turn into a complete midfielder in 3 years. No player will ever replace Gerrard though. No-one. Gerrard is out of this world. Arguably the best player to ever play in a Red shirt and has carried the team for over a decade.

Last edited by ynwa on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 am

ynwa wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

But Henderson and Shelvy play different positions . Henderson plays on RW or right midfield ( Gerrard ) and Shelvy has so far only played as an AM . Also Shelvy needs a loan spell as he isnt first team material imo .

1 argument i would say for Henderson vs Adam is age . Henderson is only 20 and can become Gerrard replacement in 2,3 years when Gerrard becomes a squad players. Adam will be 28 by then . Also maybe Henderson being versatile may have tilted in his favour .

Shelvey is more complete than Henderson, he can play in a lot more positions. Henderson is just the better player at the moment as he has gotten PL experience week in, week out with Sunderland. Henderson, a lot like Shelvey, as they are both CM naturally. If Shelvey goes out on loan, we'd have to buy another midfielder. We needed a CM to help Gerrard and Meireles for rotation, and Shelvey was that person for Kenny up until the injury that threatened the rest of the season. Spearing was only going to be Lucas' replacement IMO. Then, with Gerrard and Shelvey out, and seeing as we always play a 3man-trio midfield, he was forced to play and did brilliantly.

Your argument is valid with the age, though Shelvey could easily turn into a complete midfielder in 3 years. No player will ever replace Gerrard though. No-one. Gerrard is out of this world. Arguably the best player to ever play in a Red shirt and has carried the team for over a decade.

I havent seen much of either Shelvy or Henderson to really comment on who is more complete . But one think for sure Henderson is rated pretty highly consistenly linked with top clubs. Ofcourse it might be usual media hype but no one without talent consistently gets linked with top clubs .

Also if Shelvy continuous to develop and Henderson becomes a huge success then we have two excellent young players to replace Gerrard and Merieles .

Also we cant take the stance of waiting for Henderson to fulfil his potential next season and buy him as City will simply step in and he will be completely out of our range . As i said earlier we are in a stage where we cant wait to buy players but should sometimes buy players by paying over the odds as we are not in CL .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:00 pm

I think allot of Liverpool fans and press are getting carried away with Henderson rumours & talks of medicals.

The Echo understands Liverpool have now made an approach for Henderson and there have been talks between the two clubs.

But Sunderland are determined to keep hold of Henderson and Liverpool will need to match the £20million-plus asking price if the Black Cats are to even consider offloading a player who has four years left on his contract.

The two clubs are a long way apart in their valuations and there has been no contact between Merseyside and Henderson’s camp.

With Black Cats boss Steve Bruce still on holiday and Henderson set to fly out to the championships on Wednesday, the saga looks set to rumble on throughout the summer.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:I think allot of Liverpool fans and press are getting carried away with Henderson rumours & talks of medicals.

The Echo understands Liverpool have now made an approach for Henderson and there have been talks between the two clubs.

But Sunderland are determined to keep hold of Henderson and Liverpool will need to match the £20million-plus asking price if the Black Cats are to even consider offloading a player who has four years left on his contract.

The two clubs are a long way apart in their valuations and there has been no contact between Merseyside and Henderson’s camp.

With Black Cats boss Steve Bruce still on holiday and Henderson set to fly out to the championships on Wednesday, the saga looks set to rumble on throughout the summer.

Not surprised this comes from a Sunderland fan Smile
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:06 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:I think allot of Liverpool fans and press are getting carried away with Henderson rumours & talks of medicals.

Yeah, I guess we all are. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:13 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Shelvey is more complete than Henderson, he can play in a lot more positions. Henderson is just the better player at the moment as he has gotten PL experience week in, week out with Sunderland. Henderson, a lot like Shelvey, as they are both CM naturally. If Shelvey goes out on loan, we'd have to buy another midfielder. We needed a CM to help Gerrard and Meireles for rotation, and Shelvey was that person for Kenny up until the injury that threatened the rest of the season. Spearing was only going to be Lucas' replacement IMO. Then, with Gerrard and Shelvey out, and seeing as we always play a 3man-trio midfield, he was forced to play and did brilliantly.

I havent seen much of either Shelvy or Henderson to really comment on who is more complete . But one think for sure Henderson is rated pretty highly consistenly linked with top clubs. Ofcourse it might be usual media hype but no one without talent consistently gets linked with top clubs .

Also if Shelvy continuous to develop and Henderson becomes a huge success then we have two excellent young players to replace Gerrard and Merieles .

Also we cant take the stance of waiting for Henderson to fulfil his potential next season and buy him as City will simply step in and he will be completely out of our range . As i said earlier we are in a stage where we cant wait to buy players but should sometimes buy players by paying over the odds as we are not in CL .

Shelvey mate. You keep forgetting the 'e' at the end. Razz

But yeah, Jonjo could play basically... anywhere. Good point having the two and having to pay over the odds as we're not being in the CL, but is Henderson the way to go? Especially for 20m? That'll be a lot of pressure on a 20 year old, especially to compete with the likes of Gerrard, Meireles and Lucas. If we get Henderson, I feel we have to discipline Shelvey to be more defensive minded. This'll make a good discussion if we actually do sign him. :bball:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 pm

ynwa wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

But yeah, Jonjo could play basically... anywhere. Good point having the two and having to pay over the odds as we're not being in the CL, but is Henderson the way to go? Especially for 20m? That'll be a lot of pressure on a 20 year old, especially to compete with the likes of Gerrard, Meireles and Lucas. If we get Henderson, I feel we have to discipline Shelvey to be more defensive minded. This'll make a good discussion if we actually do sign him. :bball:

We thought Ronaldo was not worth 12 mil and that turned out pretty bad .Didnt it ?

Not saying Henderson is anywhere good enough to Ronaldo but if we feel he has the potential to be a star for us in the future we really should sign him now even if it means paying a bit over the odds . If he really has a great season next year then he might be out of our reach and we might well end up regretting it .

Shelvey needs a lot more experience to become a regular for us IMO . I wouldnt even mind him going on loan to a PL club for regular footy next season .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Interesting . This means Sunderland are willing to sell and we are negotiating a price . It will be similar to Suarez transfer and we will sign for aroung 16 mil plus add ons .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

We thought Ronaldo was not worth 12 mil and that turned out pretty bad .Didnt it ?

Not saying Henderson is anywhere good enough to Ronaldo but if we feel he has the potential to be a star for us in the future we really should sign him now even if it means paying a bit over the odds . If he really has a great season next year then he might be out of our reach and we might well end up regretting it .

Shelvey needs a lot more experience to become a regular for us IMO . I wouldnt even mind him going on loan to a PL club for regular footy next season .

We didn't have money to buy Ronaldo, but yeah, I get your point.

Shelvey is rated highly by Kenny mate, there's no way he's going to be sent on loan. He'll get game time, we're going to play 40-60 games next year depending on how we go with the domestic cups, there's going to be a lot of rotation. Question is though... how much game time?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Fee agreed So I've been told.
Il y a 10 minutes

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Fee for Henderson is 16m rising up to 20m.
Il y a 17 minutes

lets see now if hes really itk.

anyway, 20 effing mil Shocked
would be shocked if true

Last edited by nj on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 pm

20m is a lot, can't help thinking that we could find equal talent from Germany / France / Holland / Italy / Spain for cheaper.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:09 pm

first signin?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:10 pm

nj wrote:Pault86 Paul Thompson
Fee agreed So I've been told.
Il y a 10 minutes

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Fee for Henderson is 16m rising up to 20m.
Il y a 17 minutes

lets see now if hes really itk.

anyway, 20 effing mil Shocked
would be shocked if true

If we end up paying 20 mil through add ons that means he is a real success here . So not sure why we would worry about add ons ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Spicy rumour iam sure every one will like it .

Just saw the odds for Aguero on skybet . We are 2nd favourites to sign him behind Madrid . I have no idea where they got this from

Laughing

So Aguero to Liverpool U heard it here first Twisted Evil

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm

now someone already mentioned here that Henderson & Steve Bruce are both away . .so i am also perplexed how the deal is going through . .anyhow good if its true . .plus after the 35m in the winter i guess prices for British players specially young & highly potential ones would be pretty high ! ! Rolling Eyes

anyhow early signing might mean coming back from U21 he would be able to have some good time with other players . .btw only if all the rumors have any substance

& who is this guy from twitter you all looking into so much Surprised
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:29 pm

20 effing million, wow FSG don't like their money
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:17 pm

20 million..

WOW..

I wouldn't have have paid more than 12 in Fifa :X
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

FSG generally seem to be very smart in a business sense. The Carroll transfer was alright because it was last minute, but I seriously hope they do their due diligence before splashing that kind of cash at players like Henderson.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:38 pm

EVEN if the price quoted is right, it's not gonna be straight up cash. Just like Rooney wasn't straight 30M cash. a lot of it will depend on bonuses + wins etc.
Not to mention he will be on like 60K a week for 5 year contract which will save a lot of money let's say to another alternative.

I am believing those figures when they are official, but as I have told you before, I believe we have much much much more money than people think.

We are trying to buy both short-term and long-term, hence the interest in Henderson, Jones and Wickham for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Sepi wrote:EVEN if the price quoted is right, it's not gonna be straight up cash. Just like Rooney wasn't straight 30M cash. a lot of it will depend on bonuses + wins etc.
Not to mention he will be on like 60K a week for 5 year contract which will save a lot of money let's say to another alternative.

I am believing those figures when they are official, but as I have told you before, I believe we have much much much more money than people think.

We are trying to buy both short-term and long-term, hence the interest in Henderson, Jones and Wickham for example.

My reservations are not about a lack of money. I just don't want us getting another Ryan Babel, for example. That said, we have to buy some potential, which is why I mentioned I hope that FSG are doing their due diligence prior to buying.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Sources close to The Mersey Juror have confirmed that Liverpool’s move for defender Phil Jones is likely to get tied up in the next few days. The Blackburn Rovers starlet spent time at Melwood today being shown the facilities and it’s now just a case of dotting i’s and crossing t’s. Jones is certianly one for the future and fits into Liverpool’s new approach of buying young British players, with Sunderland’s Jordan Henderson also high on Dalglish’s hit list.

Dunno how reliable this is.. Have your say.. Picked randomly from a stupid site, This is everywhere on twitter.

AND

If the Henderson deal does not show any official confirmation bu Thursday morning. The deal is off in my eyes..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Liverpool Reach Agreement With Roma over GK- Doni

This is something totally out of the blue.. What do you think?
Reina? Back up? Reliable?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:26 pm

You can have Doni xD

He is pretty reliable, just like a back up though .. im so happy he is leaving Smile
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:35 pm

No corroborating reports in England yet?

I'd say it's probably nonsense at the moment.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 pm

I was wondering too, how much can i trust them sources, but the joy meeeh it was a great joy to finally hear that Doni is leaving Razz
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next