Messi
VivaStPauli
Adit
Lord Spencer
Lex
Harmonica
15 posters

Go down

Messi still has to overcome Maradona, me & then Pele to be the greatest Empty Messi still has to overcome Maradona, me & then Pele to be the greatest

Post by Harmonica Wed 19 Oct - 12:34:40

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/10/19/2718183/barcelonas-lionel-messi-still-has-to-overcome-maradona-me

The former Brazil international has stressed that the Argentina skipper still has work to do in order to become the best player ever

Former Barcelona striker Romario has voiced his opinion that Argentina international Lionel Messi still has some way to go before he can call himself the best player ever.

The 1994 World Cup winner recently stressed that he considers Pele, himself and Diego Armando Maradona to be the best players in history, in that order.

Messi stated earlier this month that he cannot judge whether Pele is a better player than himself as he has never seen him play, to which the 70-year-old replied by saying he would send the Argentine a copy of his movie.

And Romario feels that the current Barcelona star would only gain by watching the documentary.

"If Messi sees the video, he'll probably learn some things," Romario said at a press conference.

"You simply cannot compare him with Pele. You cannot say he is the same when he has never won a World Cup.

"Messi has all the conditions to be the best one day, but first he has to overcome Maradona, Romario and then eventually Pele."

Romario wore the Barcelona jersey from 1993 until 1995 and won one La Liga title with the Catalans.

:lol!: What's with these insecure Brazilians?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Messi still has to overcome Maradona, me & then Pele to be the greatest Empty Re: Messi still has to overcome Maradona, me & then Pele to be the greatest

Post by Lex Wed 19 Oct - 12:37:19

It'll be Batistuta next
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Messi still has to overcome Maradona, me & then Pele to be the greatest Empty Re: Messi still has to overcome Maradona, me & then Pele to be the greatest

Post by Harmonica Wed 19 Oct - 12:42:36

Lex wrote:It'll be Batistuta next
Yeah, Messi needs to score atleast 81 goals in Argentina before he can be compared to him. He has to also win 3 WC's with one WC in mediocre team and to score over 1000 friendly, fantasy an imaginary goals to be compared to those three. Not so small feats. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed 19 Oct - 12:52:55

Remarking on the last words of Pelé, who assured that he would be sending Leo a video of his best actions and to see if it would influence the player’s opinion that Maradona was better than the Brazilian, Leo remained politically correct and limited his answer to “what he sends, I will be delighted to see it and to see what he did. Surely great things for everything that [he] obtained.”
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 19 Oct - 12:57:42

Pele is 70+ years old. He is entitles to troll.

Romario on the other hand should know better.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 19 Oct - 13:01:25

I read suarez saying distefano was actually more complete player than Messi..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed 19 Oct - 13:27:05

They still all have to surpass the effing Kaiser, FFS.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Wed 19 Oct - 14:21:05

Messi surpassed them all, they are just afraid to admit it. Noone will be talking about pele in a few years.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed 19 Oct - 14:24:11

BAtistuta was beast !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 19 Oct - 14:28:35

Messi wrote:Messi surpassed them all, they are just afraid to admit it. Noone will be talking about pele in a few years.

BS, and you know it.

Messi can surpass them is an acceptable position. But to have surpassed them is ridiculous.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed 19 Oct - 14:38:28

jiopsi wrote:
:lol!: What's with these insecure Brazilians?

Because Messi is Argentinian :coffee:

Messi needs to carry Argentina harder and not get man-marked by Schweinsteiger out of the game. Until he can carry Argentina as well as Maradona there will be a large amount of detractors of the idea of Messi being goat.

Lol, Romario was epic, but how many people would top 3, or even top 5 him?

Last edited by Phritz on Wed 19 Oct - 15:26:38; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed 19 Oct - 14:41:05

lol @ messi surpassing them.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 19 Oct - 14:42:16

he ain't a GOAT untill he proves himself at the Britannia. Forget Pele and maradona
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Oct - 14:42:25

lol @ romario, does the guy know who stefano is or is he just too thick
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed 19 Oct - 15:30:27

Who cares. messi must be proud that players like pele and romario are trolling him all the time
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 19 Oct - 15:34:38

lol @ Mehssi surpassing the all time legends :lol!:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed 19 Oct - 15:39:49

Romario is humble and respectful.

He is saying that the best players in history are:
1. Pele
2. Romario
3. Maradona

LOL

Maradona and Ronaldo are better than you mister Romario. And I remember when you said that Ronaldinho is second best Brazilian player in history. So did you mean that you are first and he is second, or that Pele is first and he is second???

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed 19 Oct - 15:46:18

pele sends dvd to messi, romario says i'm second best ever. trolling is the best way to make headlines. nobody is better than maradona at that
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 19 Oct - 19:58:19

Romario isn't even top 20 of all time. Someone get this old man his erectile dysfunction medicine and carry on :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Wed 19 Oct - 22:58:21

Lord Spencer wrote:
Messi wrote:Messi surpassed them all, they are just afraid to admit it. Noone will be talking about pele in a few years.

BS, and you know it.

Messi can surpass them is an acceptable position. But to have surpassed them is ridiculous.
Scoring 1000 goals is ridiculous. Winning 3 wcs is hard nowadays. There isn't a country that could win with that consistency.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum