S
Kick
EarlyPrototype
Vibe
Great Leader Sprucenuce
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Newcastle eye up Moussa Sow, Luuk De Jong, Papiss Demba Cisse and Modibo Maiga Empty Newcastle eye up Moussa Sow, Luuk De Jong, Papiss Demba Cisse and Modibo Maiga

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:44 pm

NEWCASTLE United are in negotiations to sign Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga – with the club hoping to tempt him with the offer of a four-and-a-half year contract in January.

Eager to repeat the success of previous foreign imports Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote, the club are extensively scouting to make sure there is no repeat of the frustrations on August when they ran out of time to complete a deal for Maiga.

Indeed, The Journal understands that United have drawn up short striker hitlist featuring Maiga, FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong, summer target Papa Cisse and Lille’s free-scoring Senegal forward Moussa Sow as the most prominent targets.

The quartet are all being discussed as potential January signings but Maiga fits most comfortably into United’s requirements on age, salary, price and ability. Most importantly, he is interested in moving to St James’ Park.

The striker insisted yesterday that he remains committed to Sochaux but there is virtually no chance of him staying in France beyond January. His two-goal salvo before the international break did not prevent supporters at Stade Bonal from jeering him when he was substituted – a reaction to his decision to go on strike over the summer to try and force through a move to England.

The Journal understands French reports claiming a move is close to fruition are premature, with Alan Pardew intending to take in a Sochaux game in the coming weeks to deliver a final verdict on the player. But despite no formal agreement, United have stolen a march on the rest of the chasing pack and the odds are stacked in their favour.

Maiga said yesterday: “I am 25 years old so I know what is good for me, at the moment I am honouring my contract with Sochaux.

“I have played six games and scored four times, so I am doing my part.

“If I am ambitious I am not going to finish my career at Sochaux, but I have a contract until June 2014.”

Meanwhile, Tim Krul believes that the squad is showing that it is united – and believes in its ability to progress.

“The resilience (we showed against Spurs) comes through belief, and that belief is growing every week,” the young

Dutch keeper said: “We’ve had a fantastic start and that creates belief in each other. The manager makes sure everybody knows their jobs, everyone knows what to do to get results.

“So far we’ve shown both sides – we’ve come from behind to get something against Tottenham and that shows how good you are.

“We’re not looking at targets yet but the manager has made it clear that we don’t have to be scared of anyone but it’s a long season. We don’t have to go shouting out ‘We can do this, we can do that’. If we play every week like we did against Tottenham then we’re going to get a lot of good results.

“Let’s just keep that going and see where we end up.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/10/19/nufc-hoping-to-sign-sochaux-striker-modibo-maiga-61634-29619067/#ixzz1bEO3IdY6

Thoughts of the forum? Moussa Sow Shocked
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Newcastle eye up Moussa Sow, Luuk De Jong, Papiss Demba Cisse and Modibo Maiga Empty Re: Newcastle eye up Moussa Sow, Luuk De Jong, Papiss Demba Cisse and Modibo Maiga

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:50 pm

Y U NO DISCUSS !?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Newcastle eye up Moussa Sow, Luuk De Jong, Papiss Demba Cisse and Modibo Maiga Empty Re: Newcastle eye up Moussa Sow, Luuk De Jong, Papiss Demba Cisse and Modibo Maiga

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Need moar Newcastle threads
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Newcastle United is a football club. :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Poor mans Torres :coffe:

In all honesty, most of them would be great signings.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Need moar Newcastle threads

If i dont invade general section, how are we going to get more NUFC fans to come to the forum and therefore get a Newcastle section?

Edit: Damn i just revealed my secret plan Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 pm

In that case i mistook you mole.Carry on Thumbs up

Would be good to see more NUFC fans.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:In that case i mistook you mole.Carry on Thumbs up

Would be good to see more NUFC fans.

Discuss the thread at hand please Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Bet you don't sign any of them Very Happy
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Too many clubs are trying to emulate Juventus as far as transfer rumors are concerned. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Ade wrote:Bet you don't sign any of them Very Happy

Nah we will sign one of them, Maiga is almost a certainty should we choose to go through with it its almost a done deal as the fee is concerned and he wants to come.......

But i suppose if we can get Moussa Sow for not much more than Maiga's fee they will probably go for Sow, i think Maiga is the no 1 target out of the four tho......

The issue is De Jong, Sow and Cisse will cost around 10m and Maiga will cost 7m and is younger so more likely to have a sale on value......

Tbh ill be delighted with any of them
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Any idea of what sort of price tag we're talking about here?

And whomever they end up buying, it better be a dead sure upgrade to current stikers coz Newcastle's squad doesn't need any more depth signings.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Art Morte wrote:Any idea of what sort of price tag we're talking about here?

And whomever they end up buying, it better be a dead sure upgrade to current stikers coz Newcastle's squad doesn't need any more depth signings.

All these players are upgrades Art, dont worry about that........

And i posted the prices above..... Maiga will probably cost around 7m and the rest around 10m

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:26 pm

I WILL NOT LET THE NUFC FANS SEARCH DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Sow and Papiss Cisse :bow:

You'd have better strikers than Arsenal.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Sow and Papiss Cisse :bow:

Ba > Van Persie

Best > Park

Ben Arfa > Gervinho

Tbf :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Moussa Sow is a great player but he will only join Arsenal. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Ba > Van Persie

Best > Park

Ben Arfa > Gervinho

And that's not even putting Ameobi into the equation :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Ba > Van Persie

Best > Park

Ben Arfa > Gervinho

RVP>>>>>>BA,Besr,Ben.

The truth. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Ba > Van Persie

Best > Park

Ben Arfa > Gervinho

RVP>>>>>>BA,Besr,Ben.

Where was RVP against Tottenham when he was needed most? and where Was Ba against Tottenham? Oh yh getting us back into the game.......

Ba > RVP

Deal with it Afro
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Ba > Van Persie

Best > Park

Ben Arfa > Gervinho

RVP>>>>>>BA,Besr,Ben.

Where was RVP against Tottenham when he was needed most? and where Was Ba against Tottenham? Oh yh getting us back into the game.......

Ba > RVP

Deal with it Afro
lol. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Mole reminds me of Droit and his Marseille obsession. (Is he dead too?)

Good signings mole.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:31 pm

highburied wrote:Mole reminds me of Droit and his Marseille obsession. (Is he dead too?)

Good signings mole.

LOL HB, we havent signed them yet but we will sign one of these 4 that much is certain.......

As for Droit he's still around he just has a kid now so naturally is more busy......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
highburied wrote:Mole reminds me of Droit and his Marseille obsession. (Is he dead too?)

Good signings mole.

LOL HB, we havent signed them yet but we will sign one of these 4 that much is certain.......

As for Droit he's still around he just has a kid now so naturally is more busy......

The media linked every player to Arsenal, I think now that you guys doing well they start to create roumers. I really believe that Sow will come to Arsenal, he has shown his love for Arsenal few times and wants to play with Gervinho again.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Good signings mole.

The media linked every player to Arsenal, I think now that you guys doing well they start to create roumers. I really believe that Sow will come to Arsenal, he has shown his love for Arsenal few times and wants to play with Gervinho again.

Nah, these aint rumours,its pretty much a fact we are interested in De Jong, we bid for Maiga and Cisse in the summer and according to sources inside in the club we have pretty much agreed a fee for Maiga already......

This isnt just any old media outlet either, these people have sources from inside the club......

I can absolutely guareentee one of those players will come.....

No idea where the Sow link came from though, wouldnt say no to a Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Sow link up tho Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next