Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots?

+9
rwo power
Doc
harhar11
Arsenalfaithfull
The Messiah
Magricos
Pedram
ChollaVille
The BoyWonder
13 posters

Go down

Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots? Empty Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots?

Post by The BoyWonder Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Bcoz it looks like it's only a matter of time before the Bundesliga and Serie A and even French league with PSG's limitless pockets, could overtake La Liga in coefficient points, as these leagues are getting better and better each year while spanish league in general is getting worse and worse.

Pretty much the only reason la liga has 4 CL is spots are due to the spanish teams doing well in the EL recent years, and not becoz of Barca winning CL's coz if that was the case, then Serie A would still have 4 spots...

but if La Liga lost a CL spot in the coming years, would Barca and Madrid be bothered, like, they had give a bigger share of TV money to other teams?

If u ask me, I don't think Barca and Madrid would even notice a fly since they always 30+ points ahead of 3rd placed team, only time they could be worried is if La liga lost 2 CL spots, so only the Champion gets direct entry to CL groups, while 2nd place team go through qualification...then Madrid and Barca would think about a solution.

I just gave spanish teams an nasty idea...hahahhahaah

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots? Empty Re: Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots?

Post by ChollaVille Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:53 pm

:facepalm:

they would not bother if CL make spots only for 2 teams.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots? Empty Re: Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots?

Post by The BoyWonder Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 pm

ChollaVille wrote: :facepalm:

yes of course they would...if the other spanish teams continue their decline in europe, the overall coefficient point of la liga will fall. Real madrid and barca can't alone carry La liga to having 4 cl spots. so if la liga lost 2 cl spots to other leagues, only one team (barca) would get direct entry to cl spot, u brainiac....since madrid (2nd place) would get play-off round, and they could meet a strong team from england, italy or germany (fx. madrid vs bayern or madrid vs milan or madrid vs chelsea already in the play-off round > madrid could risk being knocked out of CL before groupstage hahahaha u brainiac)

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 pm

spanish teams should visit goallegacy and read this thread. very enteristing solution to the unfair tv money:

ALL SPANISH TEAMS BAR MADRID N BARCA - INTENTIONALLY PLAY BAD and LOSE ALL YOUR GAMES IN EUROPE LEAGUE AND CL and let La laga get so poor coefficient so that you only have 2 CL spots left and after that Madrid will give you more money so you can get back more CL SPOTS.....

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 pm

The idea that La Liga would've only 2 representative is funny at best. no way UEFA would do that.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:07 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:

yes of course they would...if the other spanish teams continue their decline in europe, the overall coefficient point of la liga will fall. Real madrid and barca can't alone carry La liga to having 4 cl spots. so if la liga lost 2 cl spots to other leagues, only one team (barca) would get direct entry to cl spot, u brainiac....since madrid (2nd place) would get play-off round, and they could meet a strong team from england, italy or germany (fx. madrid vs bayern or madrid vs milan or madrid vs chelsea already in the play-off round > madrid could risk being knocked out of CL before groupstage hahahaha u brainiac)

You don't get it. CL with two spots!!! Not 2 spots for La Liga in CL.
Capish?
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 pm

:lol!: Italian clubs will need to have 1 or 2 spectacular seasons just to overtake Germany.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:27 pm

ChollaVille wrote:
The BoyWonder wrote:

You don't get it. CL with two spots!!! Not 2 spots for La Liga in CL.
Capish?

smart guy dis one : Very Happy :

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Magricos wrote: :lol!: Italian clubs will need to have 1 or 2 spectacular seasons just to overtake Germany.

shut up kid....

italy is still better than spain's small time team and newcomer

serie a still better than la liga....

and inter still the world champions of club football.

:coffee:

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Seriously La-Liga sucks.

Schalke and Leverkusen could easily beat Valencia.

Take out Barcelona.

League 1>>>>>>>>Laliga
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 am

in before that guy who loves La liga and hates arsenal to come and defend the spanish lady banana
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 am

Idrisozet wrote:Seriously La-Liga sucks.

Take out Barcelona.

League 1>>>>>>>>Laliga

IIRC Valencia was the better team against Schalke, home and away. I didn't see last night game between Valencia - Leverkusen, but I heard that Valencia was outplaying Schalke in the first half. So I don't agree that Schalke and Leverkusen both could beat Valencia easily.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:36 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Seriously La-Liga sucks.

Take out Barcelona.

League 1>>>>>>>>Laliga

IIRC Valencia was the better team against Schalke, home and away. I didn't see last night game between Valencia - Leverkusen, but I heard that Valencia was outplaying Schalke in the first half. So I don't agree that Schalke and Leverkusen both could beat Valencia easily.

I watched both matches home and away against Schalke and they completely swept Valencia aside.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Only a matter of time? Well that's a vague timeline. I could easily say only a matter of time before Arsenal win the EPL/Real Madrid topple Barca's reign but when would that happen is another story. As for La Liga, looking at the co-efficient table:

Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots? Uefacoeffecient

England, of course, runs the show and deservedly so while Spain is off by about 7 points (give or take). The closest is Germany and I would agree, Germany can take 2nd given time and Spanish clubs doing excessive shit for about 2 - 3 years. And that's the thing, Spanish clubs don't do that bad in Europe, in fact, they are pretty competent and take both competitions seriously (unlike Italy that takes one competition seriously and "struggle" in that said competition). We all have our personal reasons to damn La Liga but the facts are that they'll be 2nd for the foreseeable future so....deal with it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
I watched both matches home and away against Schalke and they completely swept Valencia aside.

I saw both games aswell, and I recall that Valencia had more chances than Schalke. And the stats back me up.

In Spain, Valencia had 65% possession and 15(6) shots while schalke only had 35% possession and 9(5) shots
Report: Valencia v Schalke

In Germany, Valencia had 59% possession and 12(4) shots on goal while schalke only had 41% possession and 13(6) shots on goal..
?Report: Valencia v Schalke

As you can see I recall that Valencia was easily the better team in Spain, which by stats prove that I was right, while in Germany both team were equals.

So once again how can Schalke easily beat Valencia?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Italy really needs to take care that France won't surpass them next. They lose 10.250 points next year and France only loses 6.928 points, so they lose 3.322 points per default. Right now, Italy only leads by 4.255 points, so France only needs to collect one point more than Italy over this season.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:53 pm

La Liga is the best league in the world.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Doc wrote:Only a matter of time? Well that's a vague timeline. I could easily say only a matter of time before Arsenal win the EPL/Real Madrid topple Barca's reign but when would that happen is another story. As for La Liga, looking at the co-efficient table:

Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots? Uefacoeffecient

England, of course, runs the show and deservedly so while Spain is off by about 7 points (give or take). The closest is Germany and I would agree, Germany can take 2nd given time and Spanish clubs doing excessive shit for about 2 - 3 years. And that's the thing, Spanish clubs don't do that bad in Europe, in fact, they are pretty competent and take both competitions seriously (unlike Italy that takes one competition seriously and "struggle" in that said competition). We all have our personal reasons to damn La Liga but the facts are that they'll be 2nd for the foreseeable future so....deal with it.

So you actually think Italian clubs take the EL seriously?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:13 pm

No, that wasn't the competition I was talking about, t'was the UCL which was a total cheap shot at Serie A. In reality, they do fine - ish in that competition. I've stated on many occasions that Italy's lovely low score stems from their utter lack of seriousness and respect for the Europa League campaign...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm pretty sure this is just a my league is better then your league thread in disguise so let me ask one question, what timeline do you give for the Italian, German and French leagues to overtake Spain?

You say it's only a matter of time and maybe your right I just want to know how much time you think it's going to take for these leagues to surpass Spain?

Also, in this "matter of time" don't you think it's possible for Malaga to get drastically better as they already have in the span of a couple of months and maybe some more Oil Billionaire's to purchase other Spanish teams?

It's pretty stupid to assume that the oil money will invest in every other league and not Spain as you may not know La Liga is the second most popular league in the world and has the best individual talent in the world in it and to buy a team is dirt cheap so it's a pretty incredible investment for an oil tycoon.

But again, I know it's going to be hard to have an intelligent conversation about this as the aim was just to put down La Liga for no reason on account of Valencia losing to a German team who BTW has very good players on it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:55 pm

It would benefit Barca and RM more if La LIga lose its 2nd place.

Why?

Its obvious.

Players, TV rights, etc...

I have no respect for this corrupted league.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:09 pm

highburied wrote:It would benefit Barca and RM more if La LIga lose its 2nd place.

Why?

Its obvious.

Players, TV rights, etc...

I have no respect for this corrupted league.

You should, it's knocked your team out of the CL in the last 2 years and beaten the best EPL team in the CL Finals for the last 2 out of 3 years not to mention beating a EPL team on the road to and in the Europa league final 2 years ago.

I know La Liga is easy to kick around because it is a poorly run league and outside of the top 2 the league is probably at an all time low, but coming from an Arsenal fan who's team is down right now and Arsenal fans have asked to not kick them while there down and they will be back soon it's kind of hypocritical to say the least.

If anything it's a compliment to how strong La Liga is that it could be this poorly run and still one of the top 2 leagues in Europe. To say you have no respect for La Liga is just wrong, as much as people want to pretend Barca and Madrid are not in La Liga, they are and Barca has been tearing Europe a new a**hole for the last couple of years and years to come.

People act like if Barca and Madrid were in there leagues they wouldn't dominate, I just don't know where they get this sense of entitlement from. All signs point to Barca and Madrid dominating any league they are thrown into.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:20 pm

dnmac4 wrote:People act like if Barca and Madrid were in there leagues they wouldn't dominate, I just don't know where they get this sense of entitlement from. All signs point to Barca and Madrid dominating any league they are thrown into.
They might have some problems with the BL due to the different financial structure here. IIRC, they each get 140 Mio Euros from their TV deals. In Germany, Bayern (who get the most TV money) have only a fraction of that, and if they play in the BL, Barca and Real would have to adhere to BL rules and thus lose at least 100 million of their TV income, which would be quite a problem, especially as they would have to lay open their finances to get a license, and the DFL is known to relegate even tradition clubs if they don't meet the BL financial criteria.

Here was the comparison of the TV income:
Would Barcelona and Real Madrid be bothered, if La Liga were to lose 1 or 2 CL spots? Ingresostelevisivosliga
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down