Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
justdoit_
EarlyPrototype
BarrileteCosmico
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race?

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:39 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Terry was Chelsea's best centre-back last season in my opinion and I'm expecting him to remain an influential part of their backline this season. I never considered him the best in the world at any point, however he's still an excellent leader for his club.

says alot about the amount of goals they conceded tbh

imho i think luiz was their best defender last year, always tried to do things himself when the others didnt deliver

Luiz made too many individual mistakes either positionally or in the challenge for my liking; very much raw potential in comparison to Terry. When it comes to the league, consistency and composure is paramount, even if Luiz's offensive output is spectacular at times.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race?

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 pm

yh smalling>>>>>>terry + ferdinand
Upson
Jageilka
scott dan
shawcross
cahill
king

all these can easily slot in and do a better job than him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How come people only complain about my trolling when I go after the EPL but not after Real? Razz

Remember when Alfred was voted the forum's best poster? You're still awesome man, but your trolling has really started to slide. Razz

To be honest, I felt at the time, and still do, that the prize was unwarranted. A lot of posters were better than me (Vivas, Giu, Dani, etc.).

You hide your trolling of Real Madrid behind dodgy "articles" with quotes. Razz

The award was as much for your objectivity and composure as your analysis and intellect - though that was still notable. The Barca-Madrid arguments have made civil discussion almost impossible at times though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:43 pm

LOL

might as well throw Manciene in there too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Terry was Chelsea's best centre-back last season in my opinion and I'm expecting him to remain an influential part of their backline this season. I never considered him the best in the world at any point, however he's still an excellent leader for his club.

says alot about the amount of goals they conceded tbh

imho i think luiz was their best defender last year, always tried to do things himself when the others didnt deliver

Luiz made too many individual mistakes either positionally or in the challenge for my liking; very much raw potential in comparison to Terry. When it comes to the league, consistency and composure is paramount, even if Luiz's offensive output is spectacular at times.

imo luiz is very athletic and his challenges were top notch, obviously people are gonna refer to the penalty on sunday and call him rough or whatever but that was the story last season

thing is chelseas backline was never consistently good to start with, when they have a slow terry and a fast luiz it should be the best CB partnership you could imagine but no they were just sh*t(something has to be wrong)

composure??? ermm really??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Except they conceded less goals than every other team.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:LOL

all those would do a much much much better job than him

obviously people wont know who they are because they dont play for the top teams, but i tell you what iirc that birmingham city CB partnership from a few season back was the best CB partnership in the league back then

now theyve all parted ways and play in different teams and they still defend better than slow terry
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:LOL

all those would do a much much much better job than him

obviously people wont know who they are because they dont play for the top teams, but i tell you what iirc that birmingham city CB partnership from a few season back was the best CB partnership in the league back then

now theyve all parted ways and play in different teams and they still defend better than slow terry

Only person that would do a better job is King and you know that if you had to pick one of those defenders to come to Real Madrid you would pick Terry.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Dann and Cahill ?

Way to listen to media hype bro.......

Both are average, theres a reason Dann went to Blackburn and Cahill has been apart of a defence thats conceded 23+ goals this season ffs.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Except they conceded less goals than every other team.

the other teams have strenghtened look at them now, conceded as many goals as everton

while teams such as pool with a certain jamie carragher playing for them have conceded less
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Dann and Cahill ?

Both are average, theres a reason Dann went to Blackburn and Cahill has been apart of a defence thats conceded 23+ goals this season ffs.....

dann went to blackburn because obviously coaches arent gonna look at players playing for relegation clubs

cahill widely tipped for a starting berth let alone bench(btw they have conceded only 6 goals this season dont know what youre on about)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

the other teams have strenghtened look at them now, conceded as many goals as everton

while teams such as pool with a certain jamie carragher playing for them have conceded less

You were talking about last season.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:55 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:

Only person that would do a better job is King and you know that if you had to pick one of those defenders to come to Real Madrid you would pick Terry.

i have had enough with carvalho already why would i buy terry lol

id take smalling with a heartbeat if i had to choose one
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Smalling? erm ok then......
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:58 pm

[quote="halamadrid2"]
dostoevsky wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Luiz made too many individual mistakes either positionally or in the challenge for my liking; very much raw potential in comparison to Terry. When it comes to the league, consistency and composure is paramount, even if Luiz's offensive output is spectacular at times.

imo luiz is very athletic and his challenges were top notch, obviously people are gonna refer to the penalty on sunday and call him rough or whatever but that was the story last season

thing is chelseas backline was never consistently good to start with, when they have a slow terry and a fast luiz it should be the best CB partnership you could imagine but no they were just sh*t(something has to be wrong)

composure??? ermm really??

He's fine when he's in the right place, however his recovery when out of position is awkward and he has to learn to bridle that aggression in such cases. Terry is more composed than Luiz importantly that he has the ability to lead and organise a defence, something you could not yet expect of the Brazilian.

Also Mole, 23 goals this season, seriously? Yikes.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:58 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

You were talking about last season.

aight i give you that one

but the games i watched them last season i just felt like facepalm how could this team be regarded as a good defensive side

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Well given their respective ages, I think everyone would pick Smalling over Terry to transfer.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:09 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Well given their respective ages, I think everyone would pick Smalling over Terry to transfer.

long term? yes

short term? no chance
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Dann and Cahill ?

dann went to blackburn because obviously coaches arent gonna look at players playing for relegation clubs

cahill widely tipped for a starting berth let alone bench(btw they have conceded only 6 goals this season dont know what youre on about)

http://www.premierleague.com/page/LeagueTables

Please check your facts before spouting crap next time........

Bolton have conceded 17 goals at home alone ffs Laughing

Dann went to Blackburn because hes average, Ferguson bought Smalling before he played 10 league games ffs if your good enough it doesnt matter.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:16 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Well given their respective ages, I think everyone would pick Smalling over Terry to transfer.

long term? yes

short term? no chance

It would have to be an immensely short term transfer though, unless we're just dismissing cup-tied regulations and the like, in which case, yes, I'd take Terry if only for a stretch of games.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum