Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
justdoit_
EarlyPrototype
BarrileteCosmico
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

highburied wrote:EPL is one horse race maybe but any Top6 club in EPL would walk in the park in Serie A.

As clearly shown by City's domination of Napoli...

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the EPL 2011-12 a one horse race?

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:21 am

Iceman wrote:It's not the Spanish League you know..
within 5 points of each other
La Liga
1 levante 20 pts
2 real 19 pts
3 barca 18 pts
4 sevilla 16 pts
5 valencia 15 pts

within 5 points of eachother

EPL
1 manchester city 25 pts
2 manchester united 20 pts

end of that convo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:27 am

highburied wrote:EPL is one horse race maybe but any Top6 club in EPL would walk in the park in Serie A.

Now whats with the attack on serie a, not one serie a fan has posted in this thread yet besides me, yet u had to attack it straight away, and please ur epl arent as strong as u think.

Prem face shame ur a fellow gunner to
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 am

Is BarrileteCosmico a professional troll?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:04 am

People are complaining when clubs assemble excellent teams now? :coffee:
LOL jk, I'm pissed that City's so strong.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:19 am

Remember when Alfred was voted the forum's best poster? You're still awesome man, but your trolling has really started to slide. Razz

cyberman wrote:dear god

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. United, Chelsea and City will be the serious competitors to look out for after January, though I personally feel that Chelsea might need to make one or two moves on the market to keep up with the other two if their back-ups like Malouda aren't playing well.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:28 am

As long as Vidic plays for Man United, they will always be in contention.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:31 am

As long as United have Sir Alex, they will be in contention. Their obsession with winning will not be broken by one unfortunate massacre. Though here's hoping. Wink
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:33 am

dostoevsky wrote:As long as United have Sir Alex, they will be in contention. Their obsession with winning will not be broken by one unfortunate massacre. Though here's hoping. Wink

I am sure Milan will beat United in the CL. Let them atleast fight for the PL...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:39 am

Given the concentration levels in our defence, we'd be fortunate to escape with a draw. Once a good run has confidence flowing through our veins, then I'll consider how we might fare in such a comparison, however regardless the top clubs in England are still amongst the best in the Champions League.

Even City aren't at much of a disadvantage in their group, the assumption that they'll lose in the San Paolo is a strange one, despite how strong Napoli are at home. In a long hard league though, strength in a one off match isn't good enough and to win your first league after such a long drought, you need to walk through hell on the pitch.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 am

Sepi wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:City will win it imo. They have the best squad depth as well apart from CB.

Which team has 4 better CBs than Kompany, Lescott, Toure and Savic ?

Chelsea and United.

On roughly the same level I'd put Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool once you've integrated Coates. Their is an absence of permanent or convincing partnerships within these teams though, so overall City are still in a very strong position. Along with a central midfielder though, it would be on top of my list. I'd have put them on the same level as Chelsea and United if they'd held onto Boateng or actually given him a chance, it's a shame he probably would suit Kompany though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:12 pm

And the knee jerking begins...

United (Vidic, Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans doesn't count) has better CB depth than City. So does Chelsea (Terry, Luiz, Alex, Ivanovic, Romelu)

JuvenelCuore wrote:
highburied wrote:EPL is one horse race maybe
but any Top6 club in EPL would walk in the park in Serie A.

Not sure if serious.

Perfectly true. Didn't you see how City walked over Napoli in the CL?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 pm

milanista99 wrote:And the knee jerking begins...

United (Vidic, Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans doesn't count) has better CB depth than City. So does Chelsea (Terry, Luiz, Alex, Ivanovic, Romelu)

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Not sure if serious.

And City steamrolled Bayern, too, as the BL is so much weaker, too Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 pm

ferdinand finished
smalling still young
jones not sure if serious

terry finished
alex doesnt even start let alone being better lol
ivanovic same case as alex
romelu sorry said that again please

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:16 pm

rwo power wrote:

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Not sure if serious.

And City steamrolled Bayern, too, as the BL is so much weaker, too Razz

and ill finish it off with city dominating the title contenders villarreal, turns out LaLiga is teh weakest league by far smoking

where is the beer
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Terry is not finished, and even when he is finished, I'd put him in my line-up before Joleon Lescott.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:18 pm

terry was finished ages ago mate

anyone is better than him atm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Terry was Chelsea's best centre-back last season in my opinion and I'm expecting him to remain an influential part of their backline this season. I never considered him the best in the world at any point, however he's still an excellent leader for his club.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 pm

How come people only complain about my trolling when I go after the EPL but not after Real? Razz

Remember when Alfred was voted the forum's best poster? You're still awesome man, but your trolling has really started to slide. Razz

To be honest, I felt at the time, and still do, that the prize was unwarranted. A lot of posters were better than me (Vivas, Giu, Dani, etc.).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How come people only complain about my trolling when I go after the EPL but not after Real? Razz

To be honest, I felt at the time, and still do, that the prize was unwarranted. A lot of posters were better than me (Vivas, Giu, Dani, etc.).

Leave our league alone you troll, its the best league in the world where all the best players play it doesnt deserve your trolling Sad

Balotelli > Mehssi Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Terry was Chelsea's best centre-back last season in my opinion and I'm expecting him to remain an influential part of their backline this season. I never considered him the best in the world at any point, however he's still an excellent leader for his club.

says alot about the amount of goals they conceded tbh

imho i think luiz was their best defender last year, always tried to do things himself when the others didnt deliver
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Terry was better than Luiz. Terry just set an extremely high bar for himself when he was at his best he is under performing compared to the best player he can be, but he is still one of the best in the world and still Chelsea's best player.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Defender*
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Terry was better than Luiz. Terry just set an extremely high bar for himself when he was at his best he is under performing compared to the best player he can be, but he is still one of the best in the world and still Chelsea's best player.

so many games luiz put in MOTM performances, terry never so

terry was good 2-3 years ago ill agree,

but he is not englands best defender atm, you know when people realized ferdinand was finished was after a thumping, terry's face will come to light after that.

for now people will just blindly say he is the best and should start for england when there countless of other defenders that should get the starting spot ahead of him

heck, it should be debatable whether he should travel with the team to start with lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:37 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Terry was better than Luiz. Terry just set an extremely high bar for himself when he was at his best he is under performing compared to the best player he can be, but he is still one of the best in the world and still Chelsea's best player.

so many games luiz put in MOTM performances, terry never so

terry was good 2-3 years ago ill agree,

but he is not englands best defender atm, you know when people realized ferdinand was finished was after a thumping, terry's face will come to light after that.

for now people will just blindly say he is the best and should start for england when there countless of other defenders that should get the starting spot ahead of him

heck, it should be debatable whether he should travel with the team to start with lol

Luiz is over rated. He gets MOTM because he scores nice goals upfront when their 50 million pound boy wasn't scoring.

Who should get the starting spot ahead of Terry?

Smalling? no
Jones? no
Cahill? reaaaalllyy?
Jagielka? no
Ferdinand? no
King? maybe, but he is never fit.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:39 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Terry was Chelsea's best centre-back last season in my opinion and I'm expecting him to remain an influential part of their backline this season. I never considered him the best in the world at any point, however he's still an excellent leader for his club.

says alot about the amount of goals they conceded tbh

imho i think luiz was their best defender last year, always tried to do things himself when the others didnt deliver

Luiz made too many individual mistakes either positionally or in the challenge for my liking; very much raw potential in comparison to Terry. When it comes to the league, consistency and composure is paramount, even if Luiz's offensive output is spectacular at times.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next