ArsenalWenger
Sushi Master
Sri
TalkingReckless
AnJl
Spider
10 posters

Go down

Usmanov hits out !! Empty Usmanov hits out !!

Post by Spider Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Uzbek billionaire Alisher Usmanov has laid the blame for Arsenal's failure to secure any silverware in the last six seasons squarely at the door of the club's board.
The 57-year-old, who is not an Arsenal director, even though he owns almost 30% of Arsenal Holdings, believes self-interest among the board members is stymieing the Gunners' chances of on-field success.

Usmanov also claimed there would need to be a switch in emphasis if he were to end up on the board.

He told the News of the World: 'If the role of a board member is to oversee a trophyless period, while making significant personal profits and asking fans to pay inflation-busting ticket price increases then, no, I would not want to be on the board.

'If instead it is to try to deliver sustained success, to increase your personal investment in the club, to help develop the commercial position and to ensure the fans have a say in the running of the club then, yes, I think I certainly have something to contribute.

'In terms of doing things differently, let me give you a very clear example. Arsenal has all of its major commercial contracts coming up for renewal in the next couple of years.

'It's no secret that to maximise the value of those you want to have success on the field and be winning trophies. To do that you need to invest now in building a winning team. This is simple commercial logic. Whether it comes to pass, we shall see.'

Arsenal's season collapsed in spectacular fashion following their Carling Cup final defeat to Birmingham in February, with their challenges in the Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League all crumbling in the wake of that Wembley reverse.

And Usmanov is of the opinion that manager Arsene Wenger needs to be given the financial backing to bring in experienced players to complement the crop of talented youngsters the club have at their disposal.

'There is a widely-held view among most commentators - and one that I agree with - that the club needs to stiffen the defensive spine of the team, with a dominant keeper, strong centre-halves and a powerful defensive midfielder in the mould of Claude Makelele,' he said.

'The Premier League is one of the most competitive in the world and whilst we have consistently challenged for honours, the club needs to develop talent and buy top-class players to win the trophies we all crave. This requires greater investment which, I believe, has been lacking thus far.

'What however is not clear is whether the board shares this view. For too long they have seemed happy to sanction second, third and fourth as being acceptable, whilst at the same time they are planning to sell their shares.'
Usmanov also says the club must make keeping captain Cesc Fabregas and Sami Nasri a priority. He added: 'Clearly the first priority for Arsenal must be to hold on to its star players such as Nasri and Fabregas.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002678/Alisher-Usmanov-hits-trophyless-Gunners-ripping-fans.html#ixzz1P3ciZ4Z2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i'v got to say that i agree with him 100% , But i'v to wait and see what's Stan's strategy too
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Usmanov hits out !! Empty Re: Usmanov hits out !!

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:45 pm

The board is in their own world , I think they are least bothered what we think as long as money flows into their pockets

Rise in already high ticket prices is my justification of my above statement.

AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Usmanov himself is a businessmen and he would do the same
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:15 pm

imalegend wrote:Usmanov himself is a businessmen and he would do the same

You never know , he has always been passionate and vocal about getting players and wanting to make sure Arsenal is a dominant force

yea, i know sweet words can get a girl into your bed , but I think he really means it.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah the problem is that we will never know , so all we have to do now is wait and see how Stan works
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Spider wrote:Yeah the problem is that we will never know , so all we have to do now is wait and see how Stan works

Dont we already know how Stan works based on:

1. the noise made by the board and their backing ?

2. how he has worked on his other franchises?

3. how he has backed the board's cause and his willingness to continue to do the same?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:04 pm

AnJl wrote:
Spider wrote:Yeah the problem is that we will never know , so all we have to do now is wait and see how Stan works

Dont we already know how Stan works based on:

1. the noise made by the board and their backing ?

2. how he has worked on his other franchises?

3. how he has backed the board's cause and his willingness to continue to do the same?

Yeah But still we don't know how he will act towards those angry fans , And How he's gonna handle the Nasri/Cesc Saga , Cause he may change his policy in order to satisfy the fans
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I see him being very passive.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:15 pm

He's probably greedy as hell, too, but at least he's speaking the truth. Arsenal is the board's money making machine.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Well he did offer 100m for transfers a year or so back, and it was rejected (can't remember by who) so he's obviously passionate about Arsenal, but who he earned his money is questionable and shady, so I'll stick with Stan still.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Even if Usmanov can invest millions upon millions, he won't be able to when financial fair play kicks in.

Kroenke's business strategy has always been to live within a club's means. Considering that FFP is coming, it's absolutely essiential to make as much profit as you can for transfers and Kroenke is a pretty much the man that'll help us do that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

ArsenalWenger wrote:Well he did offer 100m for transfers a year or so back, and it was rejected (can't remember by who) so he's obviously passionate about Arsenal, but who he earned his money is questionable and shady, so I'll stick with Stan still.
It's so ironic the supposed mafia money guy is the one who's wanting to strengthen the club, while the other people sit on their asses Laughing

GoonerJay29 wrote:Even if Usmanov can invest millions upon millions, he won't be able to when financial fair play kicks in.

Kroenke's business strategy has always been to live within a club's means. Considering that FFP is coming, it's absolutely essiential to make as much profit as you can for transfers and Kroenke is a pretty much the man that'll help us do that.
Then let him spend now, before FFP comes into play! Smile If the other clubs have had the advantage, why can't we?

I'm really hoping this FFP thing hurts other clubs as much as it supposedly does... because if not then all this money hoarding strategy was for nothing. And we all know UEFA loves the money.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Usmanov is considerably richer than Kroenke. Just saying..
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 pm

i like how he's being himself or a 'gooner'
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Clearly a PR move.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:Usmanov is considerably richer than Kroenke. Just saying..
not if you count Kroenke's wife's fortune...she owns Walmart
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 pm

This is all nitpicking. These guys are frakking millionaries in every sence of the word Smile They can afford big gun signings all out of their pockets if they wanted to.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down