Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Sri
Raptorgunner
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal Empty Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am

"I like many footballers, and I'm in contact with some of them. Perhaps my favourite of the last ten, 15 years is Thierry Henry. He's pushing me to buy all of Arsenal's shares, but I cannot predict the future," the Uzbek-born billionaire told the French sports daily.

"When I had the chance to buy some shares and become one of the main shareholders in the club, I didn't hesitate for a second. I was even ready to take total control. That wasn't possible because certain people preferred to make a profit and create, using me, an outside enemy. I remain portrayed as a pirate, an enemy. They have won that game."
"For me, he's one of the best coaches in the world, but it's not easy for him," Usmanov said. "I think he deserves that players are brought in at Arsenal when they're needed.

"The best players, and not being satisfied with selling our best players to our rivals. If that happens, we can ask everything of him. But, today, he's sacrificed. Because of the policy, and we're all to blame. Everything's in Mr Kroenke's hands, and I hope he succeeds, even if he doesn't go along with my ideas."

He added: "The greatest achievement of Arsene Wenger is to have created two teams: the one that now plays for our rivals, and the one that is trying to be among the best in the Premier League.

"That's why I say it's not enough to merely flatter the coach, but to give him the possibility to buy the best players, superstars. But not just stars, but those chosen by Wenger.

"It's unthinkable that the shareholders get well-paid while, for small clauses in contracts, we lose key players, symbols like Robin van Persie, Mathieu Flamini or Patrick Vieira. We should have increased their salaries when they started to be courted, started to look elsewhere. I don't know why we didn't propose that to them."

With Usmanov on the outside looking in, as he has "no relationship" with Kroenke, he insisted his passion for the club was born at the end of the 1990s and remains intact.

"In my opinion, that team was as good as the current Barcelona side," Usmanov said. "It wasn't a question of money or prestige. It's a choice [to invest in the club] dictated by my emotions, those provoked in me by the club. And Arsenal's current situation remains an interesting investment.

"I would like to be useful for the club, and I can be. I understand football well, and can prove it, but I'll never force myself on anyone. For the moment, Arsenal don't seem to need me. But I remain convinced that Arsenal should have only one aim in every competition: first place and winning.

"All other theories are hypocrisy aimed at covering up weakness. I'm a strong man. If someone needs my help, my money, my know-how, anything I possess, I'm always ready."
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/190596.html[b]
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal Empty Re: Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:36 am

I would like him more if his efforts at dividing fan opinions and sucking up to the fans when things are bad was not so obvious..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal Empty Re: Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am

srigooner wrote:I would like him more if his efforts at dividing fan opinions and sucking up to the fans when things are bad was not so obvious..

Good or bad we need a change and I agree with him.

He has been saying all the right things. I dont like Satan or Usmanov, I love Arsenal. If Usmanov can come in and change things I down for that, I just want a change at board level.

Imagine having an owner all other teams fear? we would keep all our stars and challenge. We dont need to spend 100m to compete all we need is to keep our players happy.

Satan has turned most Arsenal fans against Wenger including me.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 am

I mistrust and dislike Silent Stan and I think he has no interest in real investment and success of the club.

I am profoundly disturbed by Usmanov and would hate him in control though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 am

urbaNRoots wrote:I mistrust and dislike Silent Stan and I think he has no interest in real investment and success of the club.

I am profoundly disturbed by Usmanov and would hate him in control though.

just curious why do you think that?

I know he has a past but which billionaire doesn't? look at governments all are worse than gangsters.

I dont think we can have a owner as Passionate as Usmanov, If Henry thinks he is the right man he knows something that we dont know. I do agree one person should not have all power, look at us now Satan has all power.

It would be great for Arsenal to have Usmanov on the board at least.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 am

PR Spin #175.

The man has a very good PR team. They know when to pick their spots and they know what to say to try and get fans on his side.

But none of this is new, is it? It's the same stuff he's said a couple months back, which was the same stuff he said after van Persie released that statement in the summer. He says he has Arsenal's best interests at heart but it's very obvious he's saying these things with his own self-interest in mind. He's trying to divide the fanbase even more than it already is.

Just last weekend in the Brighton game a fight broke out over a banner that said "Thanks for the memories Arsene, but now it's time to move on" and that's not the first time something like that has happened. Fans have been divided into "Pro-Wenger" and "Anti-Wenger" groups. Fans are even further divided into "Pro-Board" and "Anti-Board". It's not helpful for the club to have this sort of segregation going on.

Then Usmanov comes along and stokes the flames a bit more. It would be in Arsenal's best interests for the fans to become united, but he just takes thinly-veiled shots at the current board while bigging himself up as some form of messiah.

It's very hard for me to trust a guy who is just so transparent. Equally, it's hard for me to trust a guy who's so silent, but Kroenke's biggest failing so far is that nothing has changed. He's just kind of "there", not really doing anything, as far as we know. I can see how that can lead to mistrust. Personally, I am neutral towards him; he's not done anything good or bad for the club.

Even so, money is there for Wenger to spend if he so desires to do so. There are methods out there that can elevate this club to a higher level again without this massive board revolution people are suggesting. Internally, we can improve the state of our coaching and tactics, and try and get better performances out of the players. Externally, we can spend that little bit more to get in better players. Is Kroenke standing in the way of that? I don't think so. He's left the playing side to Wenger and, as I've said, the resources are there.

This is more of a personal thing, but having been quite critical of the "sugar daddy" model in recent times, it would be hypocritical of me to start supporting a man who's proposing to do something similar with Arsenal. I believe our current model needs to be tweaked so that we are prepared to invest more in players, but I am still very much for self-sustainability.

The next couple of years are crucial for Arsenal with the new TV deal, new commercial deals and FFP all coming into play.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am

Another man who is praying on the weak and naive.....

I wouldn't trust him as far as i can throw him and considering he looks like this...

Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal Blobfish-pic-caters-771402167

I would love to throw him and watch his blobfish face splatter all over the concrete.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:43 am

Chelsea was playing that other day on heavy snow and that Abrahomivic was sitting there with his smurf jacked watching the game, he is at almost every game. We need usmanov as he cares and is willing to invest into the club. usmanov is a proper football fan and Arsenal fan.

What you guys really want from him? just sit there and keep quit? I really like that he came out and said this, maybe this will make the board to sign few players. How would you feel if you were the second biggest share holder and was allowed in the club?
There is a reason why he is not allowed in, Wenger wants to be the main man in power.

Our board is disgusting and have no respect for the fans.
“Arsenal should have only one aim in every competition, first place and winning.
This is what our board should say not finishing in the top 4.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 am

Raptorgunner wrote:We need usmanov as he cares and is willing to invest into the club. usmanov is a proper football fan and Arsenal fan.

That is what his PR team says.

He doesn't have to control the team and have a holding stake to be at games. He could bloody well do that now, given he supposedly 'bleeds Arsenal' and 'has our best interests at heart'. If he is an Arsenal fan, how many games has he attended till now to show it?

I'll be frank with you mate. You and I and a 5 year old would know more about this club and its history than Usmanov would care.

The season he sits in each home game, through the snow and rain, and wears an Arsenal scarf and sings his lungs out with the other 59,999 fans in the stadium, I will be more inclined to buy his bullshit.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:PR Spin #175.

The man has a very good PR team. They know when to pick their spots and they know what to say to try and get fans on his side.

But none of this is new, is it? It's the same stuff he's said a couple months back, which was the same stuff he said after van Persie released that statement in the summer. He says he has Arsenal's best interests at heart but it's very obvious he's saying these things with his own self-interest in mind. He's trying to divide the fanbase even more than it already is.

Just last weekend in the Brighton game a fight broke out over a banner that said "Thanks for the memories Arsene, but now it's time to move on" and that's not the first time something like that has happened. Fans have been divided into "Pro-Wenger" and "Anti-Wenger" groups. Fans are even further divided into "Pro-Board" and "Anti-Board". It's not helpful for the club to have this sort of segregation going on.

Then Usmanov comes along and stokes the flames a bit more. It would be in Arsenal's best interests for the fans to become united, but he just takes thinly-veiled shots at the current board while bigging himself up as some form of messiah.

It's very hard for me to trust a guy who is just so transparent. Equally, it's hard for me to trust a guy who's so silent, but Kroenke's biggest failing so far is that nothing has changed. He's just kind of "there", not really doing anything, as far as we know. I can see how that can lead to mistrust. Personally, I am neutral towards him; he's not done anything good or bad for the club.

Even so, money is there for Wenger to spend if he so desires to do so. There are methods out there that can elevate this club to a higher level again without this massive board revolution people are suggesting. Internally, we can improve the state of our coaching and tactics, and try and get better performances out of the players. Externally, we can spend that little bit more to get in better players. Is Kroenke standing in the way of that? I don't think so. He's left the playing side to Wenger and, as I've said, the resources are there.

This is more of a personal thing, but having been quite critical of the "sugar daddy" model in recent times, it would be hypocritical of me to start supporting a man who's proposing to do something similar with Arsenal. I believe our current model needs to be tweaked so that we are prepared to invest more in players, but I am still very much for self-sustainability.

The next couple of years are crucial for Arsenal with the new TV deal, new commercial deals and FFP all coming into play.

+1.

Like Arseblog put it, its not a want of resources at Arsenal. Its a want for spending what resources are available to address the issues in the squad. And Usmanov or Kroenke, either way its the decision of Arsene to spend on the squad, for the squad.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Chelsea was playing that other day on heavy snow and that Abrahomiviq was sitting there with his smurf jacked watching the game, he is at almost every game. We need usmanov as he cares and is willing to invest into the club. usmanov is a proper football fan and Arsenal fan.

What you guys really want from him? just sit there and keep quit, I really like that he came out and said this, maybe this will make the board to sign few players.

Our board is disgusting and who have no respect for the fans.

It's Usmanov's intention for you, and people of similar mindsets, to like what he says. He says the exact things you want to hear.

Fair enough if you think he's better for the club, but there are several people who can't trust someone so blatantly agenda-driven and so intent on dividing the fanbase. What I want from him is to keep his mouth shut and stop trying to create conflict because right now the last thing we need is a public board room power struggle.

Our current board has also said that they want to finish higher than fourth and they have the ambition to win trophies. Both statements are as meaningless as the other.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 am

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:PR Spin #175.

+1.

Like Arseblog put it, its not a want of resources at Arsenal. Its a want for spending what resources are available to address the issues in the squad. And Usmanov or Kroenke, either way its the decision of Arsene to spend on the squad, for the squad.

So Why haven't we strength our squad? what makes Wenger different than a owner with total power?

There is no consequence at Arsenal and Wenger knows that. We have not shown any ambition other than delusional ambition Wenger talks about.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:09 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Chelsea was playing that other day on heavy snow and that Abrahomiviq was sitting there with his smurf jacked watching the game, he is at almost every game. We need usmanov as he cares and is willing to invest into the club. usmanov is a proper football fan and Arsenal fan.

What you guys really want from him? just sit there and keep quit, I really like that he came out and said this, maybe this will make the board to sign few players.

Our board is disgusting and who have no respect for the fans.

It's Usmanov's intention for you, and people of similar mindsets, to like what he says. He says the exact things you want to hear.

Fair enough if you think he's better for the club, but there are several people who can't trust someone so blatantly agenda-driven and so intent on dividing the fanbase. What I want from him is to keep his mouth shut and stop trying to create conflict because right now the last thing we need is a public board room power struggle.

Our current board has also said that they want to finish higher than fourth and they have the ambition to win trophies. Both statements are as meaningless as the other.

Us fans and Arsenal will suffer from this anyway as the tension is high. Satan is just going to punish the fans more.

This statement will either force the board to put a gun in Wengers head and make him buy players or they will just punish us and sell players.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:10 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

To add to that Raptor, the same Donkey Ivan you hate so much has also said countless times that while top 4 finish is financially sustainable, the target of the team and the board and the manager is to win trophies.

Again, the resources that Usmanov wants to bring to the table can also be brought in through sponsorship deals instead of controlling stake in the board.

Heck, if I was a bloody gazillionaire with bottomless pockets, I would try to negotiate deals with my Arsenal to sponsor them through my companies within the 'justifiable sponsorship' rules of FFP. You would do the same. But that doesn't mean you or I need to buy the club, surely!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 am

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

To add to that Raptor, the same Donkey Ivan you hate so much has also said countless times that while top 4 finish is financially sustainable, the target of the team and the board and the manager is to win trophies.

Again, the resources that Usmanov wants to bring to the table can also be brought in through sponsorship deals instead of controlling stake in the board.

Heck, if I was a bloody gazillionaire with bottomless pockets, I would try to negotiate deals with my Arsenal to sponsor them through my companies within the 'justifiable sponsorship' rules of FFP. You would do the same. But that doesn't mean you or I need to buy the club, surely!

All we hear is talk and no one seems to do anything about it. All the problems are put in Wenger's hand, and there should be others who make decisions. Wenger is trying to do too much and wants to be the guy who proves us all wrong.

Wenger is stubborn and the board listen to him, we need a real Manager not a Bank Manager.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am

Pay off all the clubs debts and let Wneger do his job as Arsenal manager, all Wenger needs is for someone to untie his hands from behind his back. Wenger is trying to balance the books and make us compete, it worked for a while but we cant count on that.

It cant be that much by now, I don’t want to be a Man shity or Chelsea I just want a owner who does his part.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:23 am

Raptorgunner wrote:All we hear is talk and no one seems to do anything about it. All the problems are put in Wenger's hand, and there should be others who make decisions. Wenger is trying to do too much and wants to be the guy who proves us all wrong.

Wenger is stubborn and the board listen to him, we need a real Manager not a Bank Manager.

And then you have Usmanov who also says he thinks Arsene is the right man for the job.

Wether or not Arsene is right for us, its quite a whole another debate altogether. Arsene asked us to judge him at the end of the season, and I will wait till then on my opinions of Wenger leading us further.

The question here is why should Usmanov buy out Kroenke.

If your justification is that Usmanov will provide ample loads of cash and make Wenger spend it, its not going to be the case.

Will he bring cash? Maybe, yes. (We could also get that through sponsorships, but thats another story.)

Will he force Wenger to buy?
* If he claims he thinks Wenger is the right man, then he will not. So the argument of him being better for Arsenal than Kroenke is moot.
* The alternative would be impulse buys to add 'star' players he likes, in positions we are already covered in. Lets be clear, Usmanov may be a fan, but he has ZERO experience of managing a team. His purchases will have media-driven logic. It will be his way or the highway for any manager. We will be Chelsea 2.0. I do not want any trophies at this cost.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Pay off all the clubs debts and let Wneger do his job as Arsenal manager, all Wenger needs is for someone to untie his hands from behind his back. Wenger is trying to balance the books and make us compete, it worked for a while but we cant count on that.

It cant be that much by now, I don’t want to be a Man shity or Chelsea I just want a owner who does his part.

Wenger did a brilliant unparalled job of it when we had all those poor deals constraining us. No other manager might have pulled that off with top quality football, CL and top 4 season after season.
We all know Arsene made his share of mistakes. Key players left. He had to tear up his plans and build from scratch over and over and over again, despite this.

With the new deals coming in, Wenger will surely have more time to concentrate on the football and not the finances then!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:27 am

I don't trust Usmanov as far as I can throw him, and that's not very far.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 am

And just to be clear.

I do not trust Kroenke or Usmanov. I am critical of both their approaches.

But I still respect and trust Arsene.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am

srigooner wrote:And just to be clear.

Who are the fans turning against? Wenger.

What is silent Satan doing? spending 150m in Australia.

We dont need a owner that will come in and splash cash, we need a owner who is there for the club when we need him.

We have Great history , Great stadium , Great reputation , Great manager and a Great fan base.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:42 am

Can someone give me a summary of the break-down of Arsenal shares and how the board is elected?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 am

Raptorgunner wrote:

We dont need a owner that will come in and splash cash, we need a owner who is there for the club when we need him.

We have Great history , Great stadium , Great reputation , Great manager and a Great fan base.

Thats my point Raptor! Where has Usmanov been all this while? How many games have we seen him at?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 am

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Thats my point Raptor! Where has Usmanov been all this while? How many games have we seen him at?

I know what all you guys saying, very good points. I just dont trust Satan. I dont think any club should be owned just by one person.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:58 am

[quote="Raptorgunner I dont think any club should be owned just by one person.[/quote]

I'll shake on that! Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next