When you watch matches from a neutral and "unbiased" standpoint do you root for the favorite or the underdog?

+6
uzonero
BarrileteCosmico
arabprince
rwo power
JuvenelCuore
Sir Psycho
10 posters

Go down

When you watch matches from a neutral and "unbiased" standpoint do you root for the favorite or the underdog? Empty When you watch matches from a neutral and "unbiased" standpoint do you root for the favorite or the underdog?

Post by Sir Psycho Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 pm

I normally side with the underdog. You just never know in any form of recreation so when I see an unexpected outcome I am often left in awe.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

When you watch matches from a neutral and "unbiased" standpoint do you root for the favorite or the underdog? Empty Re: When you watch matches from a neutral and "unbiased" standpoint do you root for the favorite or the underdog?

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 pm

If I am not pragmatically hoping that one team, even if it is Inter, wins as to advance Juventus's position further, then I go for the underdog.

I respect teams like Napoli, Udinese, and especially Sampdoria who develop their players and buy honestly. I would take them to win over anyone else besides Juventus. I love Siena too, as they are Juventus's sister-club, but even if leagues that I never watch too often, underdog for me.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

When you watch matches from a neutral and "unbiased" standpoint do you root for the favorite or the underdog? Empty Re: When you watch matches from a neutral and "unbiased" standpoint do you root for the favorite or the underdog?

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

In that case I root for the team with the cooler goalkeeper ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 pm

So you always cheer for Juventus ? Cool
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Sometimes the underdog but mostly I just want to see nice goals.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:So you always cheer for Juventus ? Cool
Hm... Gigi is of course always an option. Although if he'd play against a team with Neuer or ter Stegen or Zieler in goal, they'd take precedence Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm

If I don't root for anyone I get bored. I root for the team that has the players I like most, which is mostly decided by whether any young Argentine plays in that team or not Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm

i mostly root for the under-dog
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm

rwo power wrote:
Hm... Gigi is of course always an option. Although if he'd play against a team with Neuer or ter Stegen or Zieler in goal, they'd take precedence Razz

Say for example if Juventus play Madrid who will you support...?

Personally Bayern all the way any given day, so I mostly root for teams that have a player that once played for Bayern
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Say for example if Juventus play Madrid who will you support...?
In that case - Gigi Heart

Last edited by rwo power on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 pm

rwo power wrote:

Fair enough...your German bias is noted and accepted...I would do the same with Italian goalkeepers. Razz
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 pm

rwo power wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Say for example if Juventus play Madrid who will you support...?

Personally Bayern all the way any given day, so I mostly root for teams that have a player that once played for Bayern
In that case - Gigi Heart

Which in turn justify my argument that Gigi is cooler than Casillas.... banana banana
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Always root for the underdog. I mostly like games that end 4-4,4-3,4-5, etc. I like watching rich teams get demolished like ManU and madrid. Cheering for the underdog hurts. I remember I was so sad when totenham lost to madrid.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Which in turn justify my argument that Gigi is cooler than Casillas.... banana banana
I never claimed anything else Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Why do you always have to 'root' for someone? What about just watching the game and enjoying both teams?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:21 pm

definitely the underdog.. but there are exceptions

because though i am not a fan of their teams i do like to watch arsenal, tottenham, and inter and they are typically not the underdogs..

for most cases though gotta go for the under dogs.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down