Ronaldinho:The Greatest Footballer Ever?

+14
Harmonica
BiasedMilanFan3
StevieRayVaughan
lenear1030
zizzle
alexjanosik
Ganso
Vibe
Catracho
Albiceleste
Vapotrini
barca 2011
The Messiah
IAmManUnited
18 posters

Go down

Ronaldinho:The Greatest Footballer Ever? Empty Ronaldinho:The Greatest Footballer Ever?

Post by IAmManUnited Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:29 am

I think a few are looking at his short 3-4 year peak limiting that for showing what he really was in which i believe the greatest footballer ever. Not based on stats, but his perfection of the game, his passing, his dribbling, his composure, his intelligence, his control, his speed, his smile(lol) were near perfect at his peak including the fact he did all this in the modern age. No other footballer aside Maradona has had the overall perfection ronnie had, and i know saying hes the greatest ever is a lil understatment, or is it not? I guess maybe for me is due to the fact i watched those magnificent years and even in a day with messi and ronaldo, i dont see how they compete with the perfection dinho had.

drinking cheers.
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Ronaldinho:The Greatest Footballer Ever? Empty Re: Ronaldinho:The Greatest Footballer Ever?

Post by The Messiah Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:37 am

greatest footballer of our time
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Ronaldinho:The Greatest Footballer Ever? Empty Re: Ronaldinho:The Greatest Footballer Ever?

Post by barca 2011 Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:57 am

He's up there.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:02 am

Greatest entertainer is his prime? For my money, yes. Greatest footballer? Not for me.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:13 am

He is not complete, he cannot head the ball :coffee:

/pele

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 am

oh you mean hit the ball with his hand..

ggnore
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:18 am

Say what ever you want about more "effective" footballers out there,but the feeling I get when I watch Dinho,Messi & co can never give me.It's all about that for me...

GOAT
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:19 am

Dinho>messi...problem?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:24 am

Ganso wrote:Dinho>messi...problem?

All problem solve, thank you very much sir
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:09 am

Vapotrini wrote:Greatest entertainer is his prime? For my money, yes. Greatest footballer? Not for me.

I agree.As good as he was I think he is overrated.
When people talk of him as GOAT at his peak that means he is overrated.
Best entertainer doesnt equate to best ever.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:30 am

3 or so seasons are not enough to make you the world's greatest, even if those were the greatest 3 seasons a player every had
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:55 am

zizzle wrote:3 or so seasons are not enough to make you the world's greatest, even if those were the greatest 3 seasons a player every had

we get that, but the point being made is that when ronaldinho was at his best he was completely unmatched by anyone else at their own best.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:04 am

It depends on the criteria of how you define GOAT. There is no single way to define it, every person in the world has their own definition. Some people might prefer entertainment, consistency, or trophies won etc. There is a reason the Maradona/Pele debate rages on because every one defines their GOAT to be different than the others.

I agree with Lenear1030, that Ronaldinho in his peak was probably better than anyone else I have seen in their peak.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:13 am

Not the greatest

but he was far, far, far and away the most entertaining
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:13 am

lenear1030 wrote:
zizzle wrote:3 or so seasons are not enough to make you the world's greatest, even if those were the greatest 3 seasons a player every had

we get that, but the point being made is that when ronaldinho was at his best he was completely unmatched by anyone else at their own best.

Not true at all.Not the best at his peak by any means.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:48 am

Watch one youtube video, claim the best player ever. Haven't seen that before. Rolling Eyes
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:07 am

lenear1030 wrote:

Ignoring current players ,Ronaldo's peak , (PSV-Barca-Inter days) were just as entertaining , and IMO twice as effective.
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:16 am

he is behind ronaldo and zidane thats just in our generation althought they both are in the greatest ever category
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsu Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 am

GOAT
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:24 am

Best entertainer no doubt, does that make him the best ever? Let's see.

Football is entertainment, when it comes down to it, everyone tries to win in football, why? To entertain their fans, why else? Money, it buys you better players to entertain the fans, better facilities so the fans have a more enjoyable experience. Of course there are exceptions but mostly football is about entertaining people which would make him the greatest ever for me.

I could watch that video all day every day and never get bored.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:16 am

Trophies doesn't mean the fans get entertained,I for one wasn't very entertained in milan's last scudetto for example.as someone said,it depends on the person,but I much rather play entertaining football and end up in second rather than playing boring football and ending 1st just for the sake of winning trophies.I identify a lot with Liverpool and arsenal(in the past years,not a lot this season)in that way.Also,entertaining football does not mean we don't get some final product (robinho and cr),just look at Ronaldinho,zidane,neymar,Henry,hazard etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down