buddytaller
Zealous
justdoit_
El Chelsea Fuerte
Mr Nick09
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL Empty Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Just heard it from a radio show, Chelsea fans at Genk last night, were singing and implying the same insults Terry supposedly said to Anton Ferdinand.

Chelsea had to apologize for the fans...

Disgusting atmosphere
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL Empty Re: Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 am

Video (with audio in it so that you can actually HEAR things being said rather the lip reading shit again) or didn't happen.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL Empty Re: Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 am

english_jewel wrote:Video (with audio in it so that you can actually HEAR things being said rather the lip reading shit again) or didn't happen.

(CNN) -- Chelsea officials have condemned chants from the English football club's own supporters during Tuesday's European Champions League match away to Belgian team Genk.

The chanting related to an incident involving Chelsea captain John Terry and Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand during an English Premier League match between the two teams on October 23.

"The chanting was wholly inappropriate and we don't condone it," a spokesman for four-time English champions Chelsea said in a statement.

A British organization aimed at ridding the game of racism and inequality has called for Chelsea to apologize to anyone offended by the chants in Belgium, and for European football's ruling body to investigate.
"As with all incidents of abuse in European competition, it is under the jurisdiction of UEFA to determine whether action will be taken," Kick It Out chairman Herman Ouseley said on its official website.

Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:29 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Just heard it from a radio show, Chelsea fans at Genk last night, were singing and implying the same insults Terry supposedly said to Anton Ferdinand.

"Anton Ferdinand, you know what you are."

Imply? Maybe. But no racist terms were used.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:40 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
english_jewel wrote:Video (with audio in it so that you can actually HEAR things being said rather the lip reading shit again) or didn't happen.

(CNN) -- Chelsea officials have condemned chants from the English football club's own supporters during Tuesday's European Champions League match away to Belgian team Genk.

The chanting related to an incident involving Chelsea captain John Terry and Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand during an English Premier League match between the two teams on October 23.

"The chanting was wholly inappropriate and we don't condone it," a spokesman for four-time English champions Chelsea said in a statement.

A British organization aimed at ridding the game of racism and inequality has called for Chelsea to apologize to anyone offended by the chants in Belgium, and for European football's ruling body to investigate.
"As with all incidents of abuse in European competition, it is under the jurisdiction of UEFA to determine whether action will be taken," Kick It Out chairman Herman Ouseley said on its official website.

Laughing

So it didn't happen. Thanks for clearing it up.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 am

The point is that the intentions were not innocent. Rather shameful.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 am

justdoit_ wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Just heard it from a radio show, Chelsea fans at Genk last night, were singing and implying the same insults Terry supposedly said to Anton Ferdinand.

LOOOOOOL that supposed to be racist Laughing No wonder they are not backing it up

Calling someone a c***=racism....the world is ending tomorrow...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:48 am

english_jewel wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:

LOOOOOOL that supposed to be racist Laughing No wonder they are not backing it up

so much that the club had to apologize, you are missing the point i am afraid
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:57 am

According to Telegraph this is what was said, "Anton Ferdinand knows who he is, he's a liar".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sportvideo/footballvideo/8865351/Chelsea-fans-explain-Ferdinand-chants.html
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:59 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:

so much that the club had to apologize, you are missing the point i am afraid

The club had to apologize because of all the unnecessary pressure and stories the media likes to put up with Chelsea, so that they can feed guys like you. Put them off your backs rather than be sorry.

If the above chants were sung (if because again there's no evidence) then it's clear as daylight that there's nothing wrong with them. Calling someone a c*** does not equal to racism, otherwise all Madrid fans would be racists as well (I'm sure they don't sing nicely about Barcelona during El Clasico). And plus, Ferdinand is a bit of a c*** anyways (physically assaulting guys outside a nightclub, etc).

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:04 am

buddytaller wrote:"Anton Ferdinand knows who he is, he's a liar".

And that too is supposed to make them racists. Laughing

Still waiting for some racist chants lolz

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:05 am

Why are you bringing up lack of evidence confused

If you actually read the CNN report this is the part that would have caught your attention.

"Chelsea officials have condemned chants from the English football club's own supporters during Tuesday's European Champions League match away to Belgian team Genk."

Anyway it was a failed attempt at being witty. The chant was uncalled for and you can't deny that they didn't know how some would interpret this chant.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 am

The bottom line is that your fans were an embarrassment for the club, singing and implying inappropriate things in light of the racism accusations Terry is subject to.

Some of the allegations are that Terry called him a "black c**t", adding a race component to the insult, as opposed to just a "c**t". If it was the case, there would be no investigation, and quite frankly, you or i dont know for sure what Terry said.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:11 am

Zealous wrote:Why are you bringing up lack of evidence confused

If you actually read the CNN report this is the part that would have caught your attention.

"Chelsea officials have condemned chants from the English football club's own supporters during Tuesday's European Champions League match away to Belgian team Genk."

Anyway it was a failed attempt at being witty. The chant was uncalled for and you can't deny that they didn't know how some would interpret this chant.

no amount of evidence or w/e will ever convince english jewel of anything...what are you new here?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:22 am

You people crack me up. Your belief that everyone should behave like a gentleman is idealistic to the point of naivety. Fans insulting players is a part of football. Get over it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:You people crack me up. Your belief that everyone should behave like a gentleman is idealistic to the point of naivety. Fans insulting players is a part of football. Get over it.

Everyone should be humble and respectful
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 am

bhends wrote:

no amount of evidence or w/e will ever convince english jewel of anything...what are you new here?

What chants? What evidence? That is all I'm asking of you and you keep running away from it. The chant that was supposedly sung by Chelsea fans that is going around the internet is the first chant that was posted, and buddy brought up another chant. Those chants are not very close to being racist, that even you know. Calling Ferdinand a liar and supposedly a c***...where's the racism? Bhends you're acting like this evidence is more than enough to call them racists.

Also Zealous do you think they would care about how people would interpret it as when the chants clearly aren't racist?

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:The bottom line is that your fans were an embarrassment for the club, singing and implying inappropriate things in light of the racism accusations Terry is subject to.

All I'm seeing in the chants that were posted (interestingly none by you) contain nothing inappropriate. Oh and I love that word. Imply. You know what they were implying? The only thing is that you're trying to make it sound like they are calling him a *bleep* because he's black, which is an utterly stupid and baseless claim. Footballers all over the world are called names by opposing fans and these types of words are common, is it because of their skin color? Especially in the second chat (calling Ferdinand a liar) is just supporting the Captain because we all know that Terry is never racist. It doesn't matter whatever you disagree or agree with that, the bottom line is that they were not racist.

Last edited by english_jewel on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:27 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fans insulting players is a part of football. Get over it.

EXACTLY. As long as they are not racist they are fine, as in the case over here.

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:You people crack me up. Your belief that everyone should behave like a gentleman is idealistic to the point of naivety. Fans insulting players is a part of football. Get over it.

Everyone should be humble and respectful

Oh shut up seriously. Tell me you never said a bad word to a footballer.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:28 am

Personally, I don't give a flying fck what they chanted, fans will be fans

I just think its ludicrous that you are trying to make it sound like there were no chants....Just answer me this: Why would your club release a statement condemning the chants if they didn't exist?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:30 am

Weren't you the one that posted a video of Cristiano telling La Real fans to f*ck off. hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:32 am

bhends wrote:Personally, I don't give a flying fck what they chanted, fans will be fans

I just think its ludicrous that you are trying to make it sound like there were no chants....Just answer me this: Why would your club release a statement condemning the chants if they didn't exist?

Because f*ck you that's why.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:32 am

I like this statement. It's something that has been a part of football for many a year and it would not be changing anytime soon. That same logic should also be applied to people insult people in all matters of life. So when Mourinho insults anyone in azulgrana colours, let's not make it a big deal as it's a part of life.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:32 am

Zealous wrote:

Weren't you the one that posted a video of Cristiano telling La Real fans to f*ck off. Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL 2238782717

Fans to players. Not players to fans Chelsea fans were "insulting" Ferdinand in CL 2859867778

You'll also notice I didn't say a single bad thing about Cristiano in that thread.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:34 am

Laughing Zealous.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:36 am

bhends wrote:I just think its ludicrous that you are trying to make it sound like there were no chants....Just answer me this: Why would your club release a statement condemning the chants if they didn't exist?

I'm saying there were no racist chants.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum