De Laurentiis' Napoli-Juve advice

Go down

De Laurentiis' Napoli-Juve advice  Empty De Laurentiis' Napoli-Juve advice

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis reveals Marek Hamsik’s contract extension is ready and advises Edinson Cavani ahead of facing Juventus.
The patron will be in the San Paolo stands this evening for the Scudetto showdown with the Bianconeri.

“I am convinced it’ll be a wonderful battle, just as they have always been in recent years,” he told the Corriere dello Sport.

“There is everything needed for this to happen, but we must also discover what advantages Juventus have by not playing midweek and how much the Champions League strain with Bayern Munich affected my Napoli.

“I don’t think these considerations are mere details, but only the field of play can give us the answers.”

Juve and Napoli already faced off for promotion when they were both in Serie B in 2006-07.

“Being up there is a prize for all the work both clubs have done over the past seven years. For different reasons, both sides were called to climb back up. In reality, Napoli had to start again from Serie C, as we were nothing more than a piece of paper.

“The first times were tough and the fans felt they were the victims of a con. It wasn’t easy, but I think the atmosphere around Napoli now is well worth all that effort.

“Is this a Scudetto showdown? We’re still a long way from the end of the season and generally titles are decided from March onwards. Of course, a win would give some important points, but above all on a psychological level for the present.

“I trust the fans will be able to leave the stadium after a thoroughly enjoyable game of quality football.”

Some of the Partenopei have not shone quite as brightly as last season yet, so De Laurentiis has words for these stars.

“If Hamsik wakes up and proves his worth, then it will be a splendid introduction to Monday’s appointment for his contract renewal.

“As for Cavani, he sacrificed himself for the team in Munich by playing a role that was not his. If someone like him is further away from the goal, then of course he’ll inevitably have fewer scoring opportunities.

“However, if he had followed by advice, then he wouldn’t have been booked against Bayern. There’s no point rushing to talk to the referee, as you only risk getting a yellow card. This is also true of Juan Zuniga, who was sent off.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down