Dnmac4
BarrileteCosmico
aford92
aunshi
RedAndWhiteArmy
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FIFA will not let England wear poppies v Spain - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA will not let England wear poppies v Spain

Post by CaseyBoi Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:11

aford92 wrote:
CaseyBoi wrote:its only fair.. if FIFA wont let any political or religious symbols then its not right if just because its our (british) poppies we think we should have special treatment.

imo well done for standing your ground fifa.

We don't want special treatment, anyone should be able to pay respect to dead heroes especially if all they are doing is having a little symbol on their shirts. Yet another stupid rule by FIFA, just like the getting booked for celebrating with the crowd.
okay then, imagine next time iran or iraq played and they came out with a symbol on thier shirt dedicated to all thier soldiers who died killing our british forces.. how would you feel if you are british?

Because im English and you say it wouldnt bother you then your either on crack or plain and simple not british enough lol

CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

FIFA will not let England wear poppies v Spain - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA will not let England wear poppies v Spain

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:12

Real11 wrote:True but take this for example
FIFA will not let England wear poppies v Spain - Page 2 Messi
Ref booked Messi for wishing his Mum Happy Birthday.

Not that I'm a Messi fan but its not about politics or religion.

Was that at CwC? If not then it aint a fifa game
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:14

Have FIFA said there's going to be a one minute silence or not?
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:16

[quote="Yuri Yukuv"]
aford92 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
aford92 wrote:I could understand more if the game was against Germany but it isn't. It's not like we are trying to make some controversial political statement, we are just paying respects to the dead men who fought for our country.

We should go out with them on under the normal shirt and then take the normal shirt off, what are they going to do? Stop the game? It's probably just because FIFA is run by a Frenchman and he cannot take the fact that they surrendered whilst we battled on valiantly. Cheese-eating surrender monkey.[/quote]

Blatter is swiss

Your arrogance is astounding

Arrogance? Please explain how I was arrogant in this post. Was I taking personal credit for the victories in the wars? No.

The united states and russia won the war not england, nobody owes england anything and they should not be given special exceptions, blatter is not french he is swiss, how would you feel if the USA wore poppies commemorating the war of independence from english tyranny? how about if every country which was colonized by england also did that?

What the hell are you talking about? America only joined the war after being attacked by Japan, and Russia just survived due to Britain and America diverting more soldiers to the Western front which meant that Germany had to take more of their soldiers from battering Russia to combat Britain and USA. And Russia only captured Berlin because Britain and America allowed them to as they felt they didn't need to risk more men. Whilst Russia and America played a big part, to say they played a bigger part than Britain is stupid.

Read one of my posts above that explains that we don't want special treatment.

I didn't know that Blatter was Swiss, regardless the Swiss have a tendency to side with France, and they speak French so I will always associate them with France.

Also, I wouldn't care if the Americans did that, if they want to honour the dead then fine. However I would like to point out that it was America, Spain, France and Holland vs Britain so not really that surprising that they won. Also, it was more American Indians than the Americans you know now so it wouldn't be as correct.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:17

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
aford92 wrote:I could understand more if the game was against Germany but it isn't. It's not like we are trying to make some controversial political statement, we are just paying respects to the dead men who fought for our country.

We should go out with them on under the normal shirt and then take the normal shirt off, what are they going to do? Stop the game? It's probably just because FIFA is run by a Frenchman and he cannot take the fact that they surrendered whilst we battled on valiantly. Cheese-eating surrender monkey.

THIS^

Anything to remember the people who fought in WW2 should never be questioned. There would be no EPL or French head of Fifa unless maybe he was Vichy but still probably not. England should be able to wear a giant Poppy on there shirt if they want as they saved all of Europe from being ruled by a total mad man, with the help of the United States of course and for a Frenchman to uphold the ban is just disgusting.

Again arrogant

Please mentions the CCCP's role next time when you talk about the war

Yes like Partnering with Hitler to chop up Poland how ever they wanted it not to mention trying to invade Finland as well. It wasn't until they got attacked by Germany that they were on the right side of the war. England and the USA were in the right from day one. CCCP only got in the right for self preservation, it's not the peoples fault as Stalin was just as bad if not worse then Hitler.

The US didnt want to get into the war early on, wether you like it or not Russia had a key role in the war that many argue was more important than the united states.

OF course they had a key role in the war but you can't just ignore they were partnering with one of the most evil men in history before he turned on them. This is why you praise the Brittish because Hitler was looking for appeasement from them just like he did with CCCP and Churchill was the only person in Europe to stand up to Hitler. Other countries couldn't which is understandable, the French didn't even try, and while England was standing up to Hitler the CCCP was comiting just as many atrocities in Poland as the Nazi's and trying to get there piece of Poland not to mention getting there ass kicked in Finland as well.

Stalin was one of the worse opportunists in history and like I said if it was not for England the USA wouldn't have entered the war in Europe and there would be no Europe.

As for the United States they were sending supplies and arms to England so they could keep fighting Hitler ALONE until FDR got approval from the Senate and American people to go to war. If you didn't know the USA is not in Europe and there a democracy so they can't just go into a forien war without approval from the senate but instead we did everything we could to help England before formally entering the war. You know what CCCP did to help England at that point? Partner with Hitler and commit thousands of atrocities in Poland and Finland and try what ever they could get away with to expand there territory. It's a little different, huh?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:20

CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:
CaseyBoi wrote:its only fair.. if FIFA wont let any political or religious symbols then its not right if just because its our (british) poppies we think we should have special treatment.

We don't want special treatment, anyone should be able to pay respect to dead heroes especially if all they are doing is having a little symbol on their shirts. Yet another stupid rule by FIFA, just like the getting booked for celebrating with the crowd.
okay then, imagine next time iran or iraq played and they came out with a symbol on thier shirt dedicated to all thier soldiers who died killing our british forces.. how would you feel if you are british?

Because im English and you say it wouldnt bother you then your either on crack or plain and simple not british enough lol

Difference is we were not fighting against the Iraqi military, we were fighting against insurgents, terrorists and Saddam loyalists. So the only people who would do that are on the side of those particular groups.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:24

aford92 wrote:
CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:

Difference is we were not fighting against the Iraqi military, we were fighting against insurgents, terrorists and Saddam loyalists. So the only people who would do that are on the side of those particular groups.
I know bro, but can you not see what i mean? its just not right.. someone will always be offended.

As proved 5 mins ago by my jew comment.

btw thank you brave mod for docking 25 of my warning level but not warning me Thumbs up
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:25

dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

We should go out with them on under the normal shirt and then take the normal shirt off, what are they going to do? Stop the game? It's probably just because FIFA is run by a Frenchman and he cannot take the fact that they surrendered whilst we battled on valiantly. Cheese-eating surrender monkey.

THIS^

Anything to remember the people who fought in WW2 should never be questioned. There would be no EPL or French head of Fifa unless maybe he was Vichy but still probably not. England should be able to wear a giant Poppy on there shirt if they want as they saved all of Europe from being ruled by a total mad man, with the help of the United States of course and for a Frenchman to uphold the ban is just disgusting.

Again arrogant

Yes like Partnering with Hitler to chop up Poland how ever they wanted it not to mention trying to invade Finland as well. It wasn't until they got attacked by Germany that they were on the right side of the war. England and the USA were in the right from day one. CCCP only got in the right for self preservation, it's not the peoples fault as Stalin was just as bad if not worse then Hitler.

The US didnt want to get into the war early on, wether you like it or not Russia had a key role in the war that many argue was more important than the united states.

OF course they had a key role in the war but you can't just ignore they were partnering with one of the most evil men in history before he turned on them. This is why you praise the Brittish because Hitler was looking for appeasement from them just like he did with CCCP and Churchill was the only person in Europe to stand up to Hitler. Other countries couldn't which is understandable, the French didn't even try, and while England was standing up to Hitler the CCCP was comiting just as many atrocities in Poland as the Nazi's and trying to get there piece of Poland not to mention getting there ass kicked in Finland as well.

Stalin was one of the worse opportunists in history and like I said if it was not for England the USA wouldn't have entered the war in Europe and there would be no Europe.

As for the United States they were sending supplies and arms to England so they could keep fighting Hitler ALONE until FDR got approval from the Senate and American people to go to war. If you didn't know the USA is not in Europe and there a democracy so they can't just go into a forien war without approval from the senate but instead we did everything we could to help England before formally entering the war. You know what CCCP did to help England at that point? Partner with Hitler and commit thousands of atrocities in Poland and Finland and try what ever they could get away with to expand there territory. It's a little different, huh?

Now we are going on moral tangents? Russia was instrumental in the war and when you mention the military defeat of berlin you should mention them.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:29

CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:
CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:

I know bro, but can you not see what i mean? its just not right.. someone will always be offended.

btw thank you brave mod for docking 25 of my warning level but not warning me Thumbs up

How about if all arab countries begin wearing poppies to symbolize the people that died fighting for palestine or whatever? How about if the vietnamese begin wearing poppies to remember their dead that fell fighting us? How about if the indians wear poppies to symbolize the people who died protesting for the independence of their country?

This is a can of worms we should not open
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:30

CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:
CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:

The people that are offended by poppies are either people who think that Germany was right to invade countries and kill thousands of innocents, Nazi sympathisers, Saddam loyalists or terrorists. So they deserve to die let only be offended.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:32

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:
CaseyBoi wrote:
aford92 wrote:

How about if all arab countries begin wearing poppies to symbolize the people that died fighting for palestine or whatever? How about if the vietnamese begin wearing poppies to remember their dead that fell fighting us? How about if the indians wear poppies to symbolize the people who died protesting for the independence of their country?

This is a can of worms we should not open

Difference is that Brits have been doing this for years and there has never been a problem with it until now. Also none of the people that it can offend are alive now.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:34

The reaction on this forum is the microcosm of what could possibly happen in real life, should political statements be allowed on the pitch. It will potentially antagonize / or single out groups of people.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:35

Again, the english demanding for special treatment and crying conspiracy when it doesnt happen

NO POLITICS IN FOOTBALL
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:35

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

THIS^

Again arrogant

Now we are going on moral tangents? Russia was instrumental in the war and when you mention the military defeat of berlin you should mention them.

I'm not saying they weren't. The war would not have been won with out Germany losing 1/4 of there Army at Stalingrad and from 1944 on kicking the Nazi's ass whenever they went up against them.

My point is that England had to stand ALONE at the start of the war while Stalin was partnering with Hitler. If England did what CCCP did then everyone in Europe would be speaking German. IT was England/Churchill who made it possible for the CCCP and USA to partner with them to end the war when it would have been a lot easier to say give us our piece of the pie and then chop up Europe how ever you see fit because we don't really want to fight.

This is why England gets more credit because it was them against the world and they stood up and fought and were going to go down fighting if they had to.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:38

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Again, the english demanding for special treatment and crying conspiracy when it doesnt happen

NO POLITICS IN FOOTBALL

Again, we don't want special treatment. Anyone should be able to do a gesture like this. Also, it's not some controversial political statement, it just paying respect to the people that fought for our country.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:39

dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

THIS^

Again arrogant

I'm not saying they weren't. The war would not have been won with out Germany losing 1/4 of there Army at Stalingrad and from 1944 on kicking the Nazi's ass whenever they went up against them.

My point is that England had to stand ALONE at the start of the war while Stalin was partnering with Hitler. If England did what CCCP did then everyone in Europe would be speaking German. IT was England/Churchill who made it possible for the CCCP and USA to partner with them to end the war when it would have been a lot easier to say give us our piece of the pie and then chop up Europe how ever you see fit because we don't really want to fight.

This is why England gets more credit because it was them against the world and they stood up and fought and were going to go down fighting if they had to.

This man speaks the truth. :bow:

One of the few Americans that I have seen speak about WWII that hasn't tried to say that America won the war alone and 'saved' Britain. Kudos.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:44

The arrogance of afford and dnmac :facepalm:

FIFA is right though, shouldnt mess politics with football

England stood alone vs Hitler, yet they and French had ''dont attack me please'' pacts with him absoultely identical to Molotov pact, and fed him Checzh and Poland :facepalm:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:45

The Soviet Union made a pact with Hitler
The Soviet Union invaded Poland and attempted to invade Finland

They gave Hitler more freedom to go ahead and invade Europe. He got the security he needed on the Eastern front and so was able to attack France and Britain without having to worry about the other half of his country being invaded. This was all provided by the CCCP.
Sure, they had a role, but it was mainly a bad one. They were on the wrong side, and God knows what they would have done had Hitler not turned against them.

Fact is, Britain was the only European country to stand up to Hitler and, had it not been for Britain's resilience, this might have ended up completely differently.
Britain had a bigger role to play than the Soviet Union. I don't see why you feel they need to be mentioned. They were the villains, but they changed sides after they started getting raped by Germany.

USA was the deciding factor in all cases, but The Soviet Union weren't that big of an influence on the victory. They only fought with Germany because they were being invaded; but otherwise, they were happy to invade all of the other countries.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:45

aford92 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

THIS^

Again arrogant

This man speaks the truth. :bow:

One of the few Americans that I have seen speak about WWII that hasn't tried to say that America won the war alone and 'saved' Britain. Kudos.

Yea, thats a popular theory over here, but I'm a history major so I know better. But, we should get credit for fighting on two fronts as we pretty much handled Japan alone and they were just as fanatical as Hitler and had been gearing up for WW2 for about 20 years. As for Europe, we helped but it wouldn't have been possible w/o what England did for the first 2 years of the war.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:50

Ask any Pole if he likes Brits and French. There are few here. Britain and France fed Poland to USSR/Germany, they simply let em have the way, same with CZ republic. Pacts somilar to Molotov were made too, only when Reich sucker punched Poland and it was obvious its getting its hands on England/France.

Stop watching Hollywood movies :facepalm:

Stop reading false history :facepalm:

Politics is dirty thing, there are no heroes ''who stood up to Hitler'', simply interests
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:52

Grande_Milano wrote:The arrogance of afford and dnmac :facepalm:

England stood alone vs Hitler, yet they and French had ''dont attack me please'' pacts with him absoultely identical to Molotov pact, and fed him Checzh and Poland :facepalm:

Again, how was I arrogant? I didn't take personal credit for the war wins or say things like "Britain is the best!!", I never said that we stood alone but the French war effort started going downhill quickly as they had little impact in the air or on the seas and so it was almost all or nothing on the ground and so every time they lost a battle the war effort went down. Also we didn't 'feed' them Czechoslovakia, they had what seemed like a legitimate claim to parts of Czechoslovakia so we let it slide but told them not to do it again. Then, they attacked Poland and we stepped in.

Lol at the people trying to lecture me on the World Wars when I have a degree in Modern History.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:52

I think we've lost sight of things a bit here...

The ground of FIFA's decision was that religous and political symobls are not allowed on the nation's kits, and that nations cannot personalise their own kits. Whether or not the poppy can be considered a political or not is a different debate. I personally don't think of it like that, and it's not something that offens people as we have been using them for years. Even this weekend, every team in the Premier League had a poppy embroidded on their kits and those games were shown worldwide. If people were offended by it, then we'd have heard something about it by now.

While the decision obviously has annoyed people, there are ways around it. There's nothing stopping the players from wearing poppies on their suits, or on their training kits. And there's nothing stopping the team from wearing a shirt with a poppy on it during the national anthems, and then taking the shirt off for the game.

Really, us intentially going against FIFA's law is just more trouble than it's worth, considring we're supposed to be mending our relations with them, not making it worse.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:57

Yes, let's just blame Britain and France for not being powerful enough to stand up to Germany at the time.

Read up on your history Grande_Milano
Look at when the UK started to manufacture more and more weapons. If they had gone to war earlier, it would have been disastrous for them.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:58

LOLm Yuri check this out. "Legitimate claims for Sudeten Land". Lmao

Chamberlain was a pussy. End of story.

Legitimate claims my ass.

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 19:59

Grande_Milano wrote:The arrogance of afford and dnmac :facepalm:

You really should shut your pie hole when you don't have a clue what you're talking about. England declared war on Germany right when they heard the news that Germany invaded Poland. There really was nothing England could do to help Poland as they had to worry about defending there own country.

They never had a "don't attack me please" pact with Hitler, what they did do was let Hitler take the Sudentenland in Czechoslovakia as they were 90% German anyways and didn't want to be a part of Czechoslovakia ever since the end of WW1. Also, Churchill didn't do this, Chamberlain did and he is universally known as one of the biggest idiots in WW2, it was also the last thing he did before getting overtaken by Churchill.

Hitler agreed to not take over anymore countries after they gave him the Sudentenland and Chamberlain came home waiving the pact around like a fool.

NEVER did they allow him to invade Poland or Czechoslovakia, you are just flat out wrong and making yourself look really stupid.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 06 Nov 2011, 20:02

Grande_Milano wrote:LOLm Yuri check this out. "Legitimate claims for Sudeten Land". Lmao

Chamberlain was a pussy. End of story.

Legitimate claims my ass.

Chamberlain wanted to avoid war at all costs as he felt that we could appease Hitler, he was not a "Pussy".

Also, me saying legitimate claim is relative. They had more of a legitimate claim to the Sudeten Land than they did to other places they invaded. Also many though that if we allowed the the Sudeten Land then they would stop, but they didn't.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next