Senor Penguin
kiranr
Seppuku
Zealous
Grande_Milano
37 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Iker lost his crown to Buffon and Neuer - Page 6 Empty Re: Iker lost his crown to Buffon and Neuer

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Crimson wrote:Iker Casillas at 19 was keeping clean sheets in UCL finals

Neuer at 25 has done.....

well nothing atm, but "guys he is better than everyone111!!!"

lmfao, give me a break....

even this seaosn where supposedly Neuer has been at his best Iker still outshines him not only at International level but at club level as well. Iker is yet to concede a single goal in the UCL and has stopped a phenomenal 87% of all shots on target.

In La Liga. Big stuff. Big set of competitive teams...my bad, more like a few, that is, three...and one of them is Iker's. :coffee:

Iker Casillas is not the best nor will he ever be the best. Keep pulling up statistics because at this point they are going over everybody's head. Wikipedia will not cut it, Crimson. :coffee:

Iker Casillas has half his career ahead of him still and he already has 125 caps at International level while captaining his team to a World Cup and Euro win and breaking records along the way for fun

At club level he has played 590 odd games and won every trophy along the way

AND HE STILL HAS 8-10 YEARS LEFT IN HIM

Buffon and Casillas can be debated quite easily as I feel they are easily the two best keepers of the last two decades and I love them both, Neuer needs to comeback when he has accomplished something worthwhile, atm he stands in the same category as Hart and De Gea

Back to top Go down

Iker lost his crown to Buffon and Neuer - Page 6 Empty Re: Iker lost his crown to Buffon and Neuer

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Lol @ you guys arguing with Nelcuore, feeding cat poo to a dog would be easier
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Zealous wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I wouldn't say Neuer is better than Casillas, but he's at Casillas level and at a young age.

Titles and shit, well give him time, he was in Schalke FFS.

Schalke = no pressure to develop.

If you are crap for two match days at Madrid the fans start calling for you head.

Iker exploded on the scene at 18 in what is easily the most pressure filled environment in club football. Give the man some credit.

I'm judging on current quality. They're both in the same class. Casillas past is irrelevant, as is Neuer's.

The Schalke comment is because most people don't know who the hell Neuer is until Bayern bought him, or maybe they saw him in the World Cup. But he's been great for years, just obviously in shitty Schalke.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 am

never understood how la liga 's supposed lack of competitiveness has something to do with iker not being great.. agreed madrid and barca are above everyone, la liga defenses are not the best.. but seriouslt are you going to tell me la liga attackers are shit? seriously its the most offensively oriented league in the world and the least number of goals madrid have conceded in the league are 26 in 08.. casillas has played with horrible madrid backlines all the time but for the past 2 seasons and he has stopped some of the best la liga attackers from scoring..antonio di natale is not the one who top scores in la liga..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 pm

diptiman wrote:never understood how la liga 's supposed lack of competitiveness has something to do with iker not being great.. agreed madrid and barca are above everyone, la liga defenses are not the best.. but seriouslt are you going to tell me la liga attackers are shit? seriously its the most offensively oriented league in the world and the least number of goals madrid have conceded in the league are 26 in 08.. casillas has played with horrible madrid backlines all the time but for the past 2 seasons and he has stopped some of the best la liga attackers from scoring..antonio di natale is not the one who top scores in la liga..

Antonio Di Natale ? Do you realize the Serie A is a defensive league ? What an idiotic comment. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
diptiman wrote:never understood how la liga 's supposed lack of competitiveness has something to do with iker not being great.. agreed madrid and barca are above everyone, la liga defenses are not the best.. but seriouslt are you going to tell me la liga attackers are shit? seriously its the most offensively oriented league in the world and the least number of goals madrid have conceded in the league are 26 in 08.. casillas has played with horrible madrid backlines all the time but for the past 2 seasons and he has stopped some of the best la liga attackers from scoring..antonio di natale is not the one who top scores in la liga..

Antonio Di Natale ? Do you realize the Serie A is a defensive league ? What an idiotic comment. :coffee:

Hey Italiano man, please kindly vote in the Secondo Punta and Beppe Signori v Toto Di Natale thread. :coffee: eco smile
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:50 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:

i was just using di natale as an example to show serie ' great attacking strength.. he has top scorer in the last two seasond but would he do that in say la liga? nah ,because the attacking strength of la liga is much more than serie a and it has nothing to do with how competitive it is.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:30 am

Let's do some calculations with the goals scores from the current tables. I'll take the two highest scoring teams and then calculate an average of the rest:

La Liga (11 matchdays)

1. Real [1. ]: 39:7
2. Barca [2. ]: 34:6
Average of all other teams: 14.4 : 14.8

Serie A (9-10 matches played)

1. AC Milan [3.]: 23:14
2. Lazio [2.]: 16:7
Average of all other teams: 11.1 : 12.1

Bundesliga (12 matchdays)

1. Bayern [1.]: 32:4
2. Dortmund [2.]: 26:9
Average of all other teams: 16.0 : 18.8

Premier League (11 matchdays):

1. ManCity [1.]: 39:10
2. ManUtd [2.]: 28:12
Average of all other teams: 14.4 : 16.9

If you take out the highest scoring teams, it does look indeed as if La Liga is in general higher scoring than Serie A. It is interesting that the average of the EPL (3-20. place) is identical with La Liga. Over all, the BL is obviously the highest scoring, though, if you take out the score leaders. In Italy, it is interesting that the 1.st place side Udinese only scored 13:4 goals. You could say they were really effective.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6