[ 8 ]
Maxi Lopez - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Maxi Lopez - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 13 ]
Maxi Lopez - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Maxi Lopez - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 30

Maxi Lopez - Page 2 Empty Re: Maxi Lopez

Post by nicholasmenger Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 pm

I've seen a bit of him.. He does work hard and have a good physical presence. I'm just not to impressed with his stats.

Last year he scored 9 gls in 35 appearances.. against Cesena(1), Udinese(1), Brescia(3 in 2 games), Roma(1), Chievo(1), Genoa(1), and Bari(1)..

Where are his goals against "strong" opposition? I wouldn't want to rely on him in a CL game.

nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Maxi would be a good loan backup and as we have done in other seasons lately these January players have made the difference with our recent injury toll Maxi is a very good backup. His best trait is his speed and he would fit into our system perfectly, like others have stated he is wasted at Catania, remember maxi has experience at high levels having played at Barcelona.

Pippo can't be forgotten and if he is fit and ready we might not need Maxi .

Olic is a great player as well Jespwe and could do us well great workrate and very fit. I would prefer the likes of Maxi Lopex or Olic as backup players, as the likes of Drogba won't be content to wait on the bench for ibra to be carded. Good cheap alternatives exist and Uncle Fester will find them
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:30 pm

What's this "high level experience" with Barca? They bought him in January 05. He made barely made a dozen appearances for them and didn't even score a single league goal for them as far as a I can find. They loaned him to Mallorca for a year and then he was sold off as soon as the loan ended.

I'm not trying to hate on this guy too much. I don't think he's that bad. I just don't think he has what it takes for a club like Milan. It would be a wasted salary in my opinion. I'd play Pippo over him any day.
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Maxi Lopez is quality I'm excited to see him come to Milan. He won't be a starter, but he will for sure get minuets. Also, we would finally have a vice-Ibra. He would be the closest thing to Ibra in terms of physical attributes.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:03 am

Only saw him a couple of times last season, definitely not Milan quality, isn't a prolific scorer less creative than most of the forwards we currently have, where is the value ?
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 am

NOTE: He has only scored 2 goals so far this term

NOTE: Nocerino has scored twice the amount of goals Maxi has scored this season
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:46 am

Apparently he isn't favored by Montella is what im hearing, we don't need him pure an simple.

There's no value in bringing this guy to Milan , he won't make us better and he will only deprive some of our more youthful talents of game time.

The only value he brings is depth to our already stacked forward stock.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:50 pm

:facepalm:

Midfield
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:53 pm

BigBoban wrote:Maxi would be a good loan backup and as we have done in other seasons lately these January players have made the difference with our recent injury toll Maxi is a very good backup. His best trait is his speed and he would fit into our system perfectly, like others have stated he is wasted at Catania, remember maxi has experience at high levels having played at Barcelona.

Pippo can't be forgotten and if he is fit and ready we might not need Maxi .

Olic is a great player as well Jespwe and could do us well great workrate and very fit. I would prefer the likes of Maxi Lopex or Olic as backup players, as the likes of Drogba won't be content to wait on the bench for ibra to be carded. Good cheap alternatives exist and Uncle Fester will find them

good to see u bigboban!! Very Happy buddy. its been a while, life in forum aint the same witthout u and plenty of other good old buddies, all the way back from old goal.com forums, hope u guys all make it if u have time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:00 pm

I have a feeling we are getting Lopez instead of Tevez...
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ShevaDani Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 pm

his value its just right for a team like catania.
ShevaDani
ShevaDani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:02 am

I'm a bit late to the party but Catania confirmed that they have come to an agreement with Milan regarding the transfer of Maxi Lopez"

Galliani later declared that "Tevez has agreed to join Milan"

So is Maxi a back-up?
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:08 am

I'm sure Galliani realized the Maxi Lopez saga wasn't met with such a warm response and especially after he said Maxi is "milan class".

While the news may be true that Catania confirmed, I'm sure its just another bogus Italian media report while Gallaini probably kept this as a smokescreen to hide his true intention which is Carlos Tevez.

My conclusion is that what I have gathered recently through respectable sources is that Maxi is a back-up plan if the Tevez plans falls through as the latter still is likely given the difficulty of the situation.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 am

I would be disappointed if after the whole Tevez drama we would settle for Maxi Lopez. I mean sure hes a decent striker and wouldn't be cup-tied but I mean he is no way in the same league as Tevez. But if the Tevez deal were to fall through I would still hope for the best from Lopez and embrace him as I do any player who comes here. Either way looks like we are going to add an Argentinian striker to our team.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:37 am

DRK wrote:I would be disappointed if after the whole Tevez drama we would settle for Maxi Lopez. I mean sure hes a decent striker and wouldn't be cup-tied but I mean he is no way in the same league as Tevez. But if the Tevez deal were to fall through I would still hope for the best from Lopez and embrace him as I do any player who comes here. Either way looks like we are going to add an Argentinian striker to our team.

i hope the Argentinean gets along well with the Brazilians
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2