che
Sushi Master
The Madrid One
BiasedMilanFan3
Albiceleste
45 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Most overrated game ever? - Page 5 Empty Re: Most overrated game ever?

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Ghost Recon, yes, didnt like any I played.

COD, i played WW2 series and MW1, after no, but sounds like its just a scripted movie again and again.

Contra on Gameboy -_-

Gothic 3 and Corsairs 3 most hyped in their series, failed completely

Mafia 2 (a step back)

Fifa series (most overrated sports simulator)

Punisher (poor mans Max Payne)

NFS ofc

Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 pm

zizzle wrote:
Twoism wrote:
zizzle wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
zizzle wrote:
Twoism wrote:Fable series, listen to Molyneux, you would think its 2nd coming of Jesus. Turn out just big mess, everything was there as he promise just 100 times worse. Fable 2 last boss was voted by lots of ppls as the most dissapointing boss fight ever.

Fable 1 was awesome ! but somehow the game took a huge dip in the 2nd and 3rd editions. Boss fight in the 3rd game is even worse ! the game is very disappointing except for the twist in the final chapter
I agree, Fable 1 was amazing.

Babun recommended I play this game called Overlord. I only found the 2nd, but it has the same "feel" as the Fable games, while being completely fun and awesome. I recommend you try it out if you liked Fable.

i just looked at some videos and it looks like the type of game id enjoy, but will these annoying minions be there for a long time ?

Sorry quote wrongly before, stupid phone

Some but not many, if u like to try out, play fable 1 then stop, you would appreciate it a lots more. Number 2 & 3 are dumbed down versions of it. You will become GOD very early in game, the combat is too simple, the challege is nice but since u are god rewards become useless.

i did actually play fable 1, it was magical to say the least, thats why i repeated it 5 times and still want to play it once i have more time. And other than becoming godly pretty fast, the emotional aspect of the game in Fable 1, that atmosphere and engagement, and the feelings you develope towards other characters in the game, that aspect was gone ! add to that the the story lines were never as good as the first one and the whole thing was just predictable.

I'll actually agree with this, and admit I was harsh on the first Fable the first post I posted-although I said it was good. Anyway, I was just 7 years or so at the time so I had not followed any of the 'hype' that surrounded the release, apparently it was supposed to have "redefined RPG's" or something...which it didn't. This got a lot of people upset.

However, I in all my ignorance, didn't care Smile and I still play the game from time to time and it has made me buy the next 2 despite the next 2 being quite..ehh...not so good. They're still decent but :facepalm:

The first game was magnificent and is certainly one of my favorite games ever.

The problem with Fable has always been that it's about this rise to power, yet...the character almost always gets too strong too quick, and from then on it's not as hard. While the storyline and characters are what is most important in an RPG, it has to be kinda difficult at least. With struggle (which your character should face early on) comes new appreciation and satisfaction. The Fable games lacked that, maybe it's a coincidence the hardest one was the first, and it's the best. The story was better though, too so..meh.

The Fable series as a whole is definitely over rated though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:19 am

Fifa & GTA
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Old Mario's were boss. I do care about graphics but I can still plug my snes in once or twice a year and have a blast.

I don't love the new mario's. They're all a bit child friendly now. They need to just make some very long 2d games that are actually a challenge. Not like super mario bros Wii where every damn boss is a copy.

Cod is hyped up to be the king of games when it's really not. Fun to play (sometimes. I tend to get more annoyed and angry with some gamers ) and it keeps players coming back but it's not amazing.

As long as nobody mentions classic resident evils and classic spyro in this thread then i'm cool. smoking
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Battlefield 3 was overhyped and is now overrated.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:42 am

Halo and Fallout 3.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 am

Lord Hispano wrote:Stay away from the CDI series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

Squaddalla LOL!!
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:28 am

I'd take the "emo main characters" of FFVII and VIII over Vahn, Lightning and Tidus any day! Hell, I'd rather control a moogle or a smurf rather than one of those soulless, cheesy and uninteresting main characters in the most recent Final Fantasy games. Tidus and Vahn looked retarded and they pissed me off, and Lightning might actually be a robot. Square Enix sucks Sad
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 pm

milanista99 wrote:Halo and Fallout 3.
Nooooooooo! Not Fallout 3 Sad You could say New Vegas instead but not Fallout 3... That's just criminal, bro!

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 pm

I just got an Xbox, (DHL just delivered it 10mins ago), but I have no intention of buying Halo. I've played it at my mates and it is awful, never seen such an overrated game except for FIFA.

Halo just ripped off from TimeSplitters, now THAT, was a game.

Zelda and COD are crap too, what do people see in these games?
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:21 pm

A lot of people in this thread who claim that the most popular game titles are overrated, seem to have barely played those games or fail to realize that many of those titles are the best of it's genre. Just sayin' Cool
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
milanista99 wrote:Halo and Fallout 3.
Nooooooooo! Not Fallout 3 Sad You could say New Vegas instead but not Fallout 3... That's just criminal, bro!

Sorry bro, I played it and playing it felt like a chore. Bored me half to death.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:I just got an Xbox, (DHL just delivered it 10mins ago), but I have no intention of buying Halo. I've played it at my mates and it is awful, never seen such an overrated game except for FIFA.

Where were you when we were voting on the best FPS ever?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Final Fantasy 10

Very overrated imo, this game was just average. Kinda sucks this game is coming out in HD, wished they remade some other FF game.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Blue wrote:Final Fantasy 10

Very overrated imo, this game was just average. Kinda sucks this game is coming out in HD, wished they remade some other FF game.

I don't know who rates FF 10, but they really should remake some of the older FF games, which were all way above average, in my opinion.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Thimmy wrote:A lot of people in this thread who claim that the most popular game titles are overrated, seem to have barely played those games or fail to realize that many of those titles are the best of it's genre. Just sayin' Cool

Everyone's opinions and views on each game is different, but it doesn't make it right or wrong.

I personally don't like Halo: Reach. That doesn't mean its officially a bad game, its just a game I don't prefer. I absolutely love Battlefield: Bad Company 2. But that doesn't mean its the greatest FPS ever.

No one here is right or wrong about whatever game they list as overrated
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:53 pm

At least I wasn't the only crazy person who thought Halo is overrated.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:34 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:A lot of people in this thread who claim that the most popular game titles are overrated, seem to have barely played those games or fail to realize that many of those titles are the best of it's genre. Just sayin' Cool

Everyone's opinions and views on each game is different, but it doesn't make it right or wrong.

I personally don't like Halo: Reach. That doesn't mean its officially a bad game, its just a game I don't prefer. I absolutely love Battlefield: Bad Company 2. But that doesn't mean its the greatest FPS ever.

No one here is right or wrong about whatever game they list as overrated

That's true, but there's a difference between saying that something is utterly horrible and saying that you simply didn't like it, for whatever reason. I don't like the Halo series, but that's not because the games are bad, I just think that those games are too sci-fi for my liking. I'm not surprised that it appeals to people who like that kind of games. People keep expecting unrealistic things every time a popular game developer releases a new game, which is fine, but just because those games didn't live up to peoples' expectations doesn't necessarily mean that they suck. If I shared the evaluation mentality of some people in this thread, I would've nominated the Halo series and said that they're all shitty games. With that being said, I think Halo is overrated in the sense that it's more popular than other FPS games that are better in just about every aspect of the game. I just don't get why people are exaggerating so much when it comes to games that they don't like Razz

I was disappointed in FIFA 11, but it's the best new game of it's genre, so I'm not going to claim that it's an overrated game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:09 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Ordinho10 wrote:I just got an Xbox, (DHL just delivered it 10mins ago), but I have no intention of buying Halo. I've played it at my mates and it is awful, never seen such an overrated game except for FIFA.

Where were you when we were voting on the best FPS ever?

Sorry, me was busy eco smile

But, I agree, TimeSplitters= Best FPS ever made
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Thimmy wrote:I'd take the "emo main characters" of FFVII and VIII over Vahn, Lightning and Tidus any day! Hell, I'd rather control a moogle or a smurf rather than one of those soulless, cheesy and uninteresting main characters in the most recent Final Fantasy games. Tidus and Vahn looked retarded and they pissed me off, and Lightning might actually be a robot. Square Enix sucks Sad

Pretty much this. Just can't stand Tidus.

I did like the soundtrack though.

"Ride ze shoopuf!"

Lulu too.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:29 pm

I still think UC is overrated, and this is coming from someone who's a Playstation fanboy(well, until yesterday when the Xbox arrived).

I've played far too many games similar to UC (Tomb Raider comes to mind). I'm just tired of this constant recycling by the gaming industry. The games are far too linear for me, the game starts like this, and it ends like this. I want to play a game which gives me freedom.

This probably explains why i've recently gotten into RPG's like Skyrim, no set path to follow, you don't even have to touch the MQ, it's basically every 3 year olds dream.

"Go do whatever you want, but make sure your back for dinner". cheers

Skyrim :bow:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:53 pm

I've played far too many games similar to UC (Tomb Raider comes to mind).

Laughing out loud. Mole, who was is that said this very same thing in party chat (I think it was you or my boy professional)?

I also don't see how people can think Fifa could get boring in a week; the online factor alone proves that theory to be false. I could play H2H ranked games, Ultimate team, Pro Clubs and I could play the computer; this year I enjoy playing against the computer because it actually helps you improve.

I understand we all have different opinions, but it seems to me that Fifa can be considered overrated and underrated (it all depends who you ask); don't think I've ever heard anyone say they though the game was ok (people tend to love it, or hate it)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:I still think UC is overrated, and this is coming from someone who's a Playstation fanboy(well, until yesterday when the Xbox arrived).

I've played far too many games similar to UC (Tomb Raider comes to mind). I'm just tired of this constant recycling by the gaming industry. The games are far too linear for me, the game starts like this, and it ends like this. I want to play a game which gives me freedom.

This probably explains why i've recently gotten into RPG's like Skyrim, no set path to follow, you don't even have to touch the MQ, it's basically every 3 year olds dream.

If you haven't got it or heard of it, look up Just Cause 2 on YouTube if you're looking for an open world game like that
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Ordinho10 wrote:I still think UC is overrated, and this is coming from someone who's a Playstation fanboy(well, until yesterday when the Xbox arrived).

If you haven't got it or heard of it, look up Just Cause 2 on YouTube if you're looking for an open world game like that

Be warned though play with music of your choice blasting or completely muted, voice acting in just cause 2 is banana banana I know it tried to mock 80s cheesy movie but backfired horribly

Bolo is a reason I could not finish the game
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:59 am

Thimmy wrote:
Blue wrote:Final Fantasy 10

I don't know who rates FF 10, but they really should remake some of the older FF games, which were all way above average, in my opinion.

Japanese rate FFX very highly, its why this game has a sequel and a remake of the original version. Yeah there is so many better FF games, like 7 and 4.

One game series i think is overrated is The Elder Scrolls. I guess i shouldn't say overrated but it is definitely game i don't get all the fuss. I just bought skyrim and after a few hours i remembered why i stopped playing Oblivion. This series is just repetitive, you go to one dungeon after another to fetch some object. There is no good story or purpose for doing all these side quests.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:12 am

Yeah I always though Bolo Santosi was dropped as a child.

Yet that didn't stop her, as she became the leader of the infamous Reapers of Panau

AND
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323961/just-cause-3-set-for-2012-rumour/
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next