DeviAngel
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
zarola
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's talk Italia: Paolo Cannavaro Empty Let's talk Italia: Paolo Cannavaro

Post by zarola Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:22 pm

His agent has been saying he deserves a call up for quite some time now. Goal.com comments go beyond this and agree he should have a cemented starting position for the Azzurri. Turned 30 just in June, he will be 30-31 at Euro and 32-33 at the World Cup. Would you agree he deserves a start up?

Comments say that he's better than Ranocchia and Bonucci and therefore deserves a starting position. I somewhat agree with this, because Prandelli needs to be consistent with youth promotion. He shouldn't say this is a youthful Azzurri and then call up Balzaretti, Cassani over Santon and Thiago Motta over someone else. The rest of our old guys are experienced NT players, so the likes of Pirlo, Cassano, etc. are exceptions.

Would you be more confident in Cannavaro Barzagli than in Chiellini Ranocchia?

I think I would be.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Let's talk Italia: Paolo Cannavaro Empty Re: Let's talk Italia: Paolo Cannavaro

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:24 pm

He's old, I'd rather stick with Chiellini who is already guranteed and Barzagli who is in much better form. Guys like Ogbonna, Bonucci and Ranocchia need to get developped now rather than later. So the more experience for them better for the future. That being said, they are as good as a callup respect to Paolo. Yes he deserves a call up, but at this stage, what is the point?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:27 pm

-BArzagli - Chiellini is good but

---Maggio---Barzagli--Cannavaro--Chiellini---

ain't bad at all
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:29 pm

DeviAngel wrote:-BArzagli - Chiellini is good but

---Maggio---Barzagli--Cannavaro--Chiellini---

ain't bad at all

Agreed, but the problem is, Prandelli needs fullbacks who are offensive. Chiellini isn't, I'd keep him at Center back. However it's great to see the depth we have in the CB positions.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:He's old, I'd rather stick with Chiellini who is already guranteed and Barzagli who is in much better form. Guys like Ogbonna, Bonucci and Ranocchia need to get developped now rather than later. So the more experience for them better for the future. That being said, they are as good as a callup respect to Paolo. Yes he deserves a call up, but at this stage, what is the point?

I agree with "but at this stage, what's the point". But if you say that about Cannavaro, then you have to say that about Motta, Cassani, and Balzaretti (which I think only Motta should be callled up from those three for biased reasons Razz). So either you call none of them up, or you call them all up including Paolo.

Chiellini Barzagli almost scares me a little tbh lmao Chiellini is weird sometimes in terms of consistency, and we haven't seen much of Barzagli on the big stages in a while.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Motta, Cassani and Balzretti came on when we were still in the misdt of qualifying. Bringing in Canavaro now is too late. Anyways they also played in big games like Germany or Serbia. Something Paolo can't experience.

Bah, I will admit Chiellini has been up and down and with Italy hasn't really impressed even back in 2010.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:34 pm

i was just thinking about making a thread for this. my defence would be

maggio cannavaro chiellini criscito

cannavaro is the most underrated player in serie a. an incredible defender who deserves more credit.

Cannavaro> bonucci/ranocchia/barzagli
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Actually Barzagli is the best Game reader that Italy has currently
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:39 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Actually Barzagli is the best Game reader that Italy has currently

Based on what, exactly ? :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Honestly I used to think our midfield was the biggest problem, with Marchisio, Aquilani, Motta, De Rossi, all being mediocre. But honestly, now, we have SO MUCH midfield depth with all these people in awesome form. My biggest worry is our CB's now.

It's so true that now it's too late for Cannavaro since we're done qualifying and euro's are what's up next.

Maggio - Barzagli - Ranocchia/Chiellini - Criscito I suppose. I hope to see Santon make the final cut.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:43 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Actually Barzagli is the best Game reader that Italy has currently
:facepalm: i cant take barzagli seriously after the 2006 world cup lol every time i see him i laugh. however now i think he has improved alot.

sorry devi but comments like this i cant take seriously after how bad he was at 06 lol
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:44 pm

zarola wrote:Honestly I used to think our midfield was the biggest problem, with Marchisio, Aquilani, Motta, De Rossi, all being mediocre. But honestly, now, we have SO MUCH midfield depth with all these people in awesome form. My biggest worry is our CB's now.

It's so true that now it's too late for Cannavaro since we're done qualifying and euro's are what's up next.

Maggio - Barzagli - Ranocchia/Chiellini - Criscito I suppose. I hope to see Santon make the final cut.

Center-backs will be solidified come the Euro. Ranocchia will have another season on top of this one to develop, as will Ogbonna. Barzagli and Chiellini are already playing at a high enough level that the only thing needed from them is consistency and fitness, because as of now Barzagli will not develop, and Chiellini can only get better because he is in his prime come Euro 2012. Ogbonna is also developing well, and maybe he will move to a bigger club so he can get more experience at a higher level and become a viable option.

I think Santon needs to improve if Italia are to become stronger because yes, Maggio is fantastic and a worldclass defender, but beyond that, there is a quality gap for replacements, so hopefully Santon can merge that a little bit more.

The midfield is probably the best right now. Marchisio, Montolivo, Aquilani, Nocerino, Pirlo, De Rossi, and even Thiago Motta. All are in great form...or most anyway, and if they can continue, the midfield will dominate most teams, bar Spain's.

Strikers are great too. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:48 pm

zarola wrote:Honestly I used to think our midfield was the biggest problem, with Marchisio, Aquilani, Motta, De Rossi, all being mediocre. But honestly, now, we have SO MUCH midfield depth with all these people in awesome form. My biggest worry is our CB's now.

The midfield being mediocore? Well first off you forgot Pirlo. Now you also have De Rossi who is currently one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, you have Marchisio who is being compared to Marco Tardelli and is a great player. Motta is a fantastic depth player for De Rossi who has great ball winning skills and determination, Aquilani is not mediocore nor is he amazing. He's a just a class midfielder who adds in great depth in the CM, AM or Regista role. Nocerino is always a third option, so he is some what irrelavent. The only mediocore players I would consider is Montolivo and Pepe...

Yes, as explained now, we do have lots of Midfield depth. However, only central midfield. We have no depth wingers as now we can only rely on Pepe and the likes of Cerci still not being given a chance. Another depth problem is Pirlo, if anything happens to him... who will replace him... sure Aquilani or Montolivio? Their both not good enough to do Pirlo's role which very crucial to our system in possesion. I just hope to god, Inter find a way to Grow Andrea Poli and fast!

There's nothing to worry about for the CB's, there so much depth, both with experience and youth. Both with skill and potential. Well, Abate got called up so who knows, maybe Paolo might get his chance. However Abate came because Cassani was injured, though Prandelli did mention yesterday that Abate was and is being followed closely, maybe the same implies with Canavaro.

Santon? Yes hopefully, but I see him more geared for 2014 and not 2012. He'd be great in LB especially with his qualities and potential.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:50 pm

pasquale22 wrote:
:facepalm: i cant take barzagli seriously after the 2006 world cup lol every time i see him i laugh. however now i think he has improved alot.

sorry devi but comments like this i cant take seriously after how bad he was at 06 lol

Well every1 has bad seasons and period like Chiel for example this season if you were going to see him once u would say he is average :/
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 pm

pasquale22 wrote:

To be honest, he wasn't that bad in 2006. He did have a great defensive game against Australia back in the World Cup. You should refer to Zaccardo lol who was very awful indeed. But anyways, they were just benchwarmers nothing big. Now though... Devi is some what right, Barzagli is just one of the best CB's we have, Fabio Can' said it himself. He reached a point in his career where his true abilities as a grown player is able to fullfil what we depend on.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Barz display at 06 should be forgotten. He has matured, and also gained international experience. His displays at Juve definitely warrant a call up, and I think he can seriously help us in the Euro, the world cup is another question; I dont know if he can keep this form up for another 2 year.

I think Chiellini-Barz is our best option since they play so much together already, Bonucci and Rano on the bench.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:00 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:Barz display at 06 should be forgotten. He has matured, and also gained international experience. His displays at Juve definitely warrant a call up, and I think he can seriously help us in the Euro, the world cup is another question; I dont know if he can keep this form up for another 2 year.

I think Chiellini-Barz is our best option since they play so much together already, Bonucci and Rano on the bench.

Once again, his display at 2006 wasn't that bad, in comparison to Zaccardo that is competely different.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:Barz display at 06 should be forgotten. He has matured, and also gained international experience. His displays at Juve definitely warrant a call up, and I think he can seriously help us in the Euro, the world cup is another question; I dont know if he can keep this form up for another 2 year.

Once again, his display at 2006 wasn't that bad, in comparison to Zaccardo that is competely different.

I agree
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:02 pm

I have never been a fan of his to be honest
The defense is already strong as it is

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Luca wrote:I have never been a fan of his to be honest
The defense is already strong as it is

My honest opinion... I wasn't so impressed with Barzagli in his wolfsburg days, neither with his arrival at Juve. He was just basic, nothing exceptional. Even at the start of the season, I was just whatever... but the truth is.. he really changed my mind and view about him. He completely evolved from the past, he's like a new player. He's always solid in the back, composed and relax. It's like watching Pirlo play, making his job look easy when it's not if you get what I mean within personalities and character. Though, I do agree... I'm happy with how the defense is now, but in regards to this topic... I would chose Barzagli over Canavaro. Due to experience and current form.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:07 pm

Agreed about Barzagli, I actually was upset when he was signed but man did he ever change my mind.
Even from before his Wolfsburg days I was not a fan really.
Ever since he put on a Juventus shirt though he really changed my mind.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:10 pm

I've always liked Barzagli. What was wrong with him at WC? And remember at that time he was only one year older than Bonucci.

Sure we have CB depth but our CBs aren't world class to begin with.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Tony I think having Pirlo in front of him, Chiellini next to him, and Buffon behind him helps his game A LOT. That being said, that is a really good thing because he may well be doing the same in Euro 12.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Luca wrote:Agreed about Barzagli, I actually was upset when he was signed but man did he ever change my mind.
Even from before his Wolfsburg days I was not a fan really.
Ever since he put on a Juventus shirt though he really changed my mind.

Me too I was upset, not about the price tag, but because we could of gotten someone better. Now saying this, I do not credit Marotta at all, sure he made the transfer fine, but it was prime fluke that Barzagli turned out this way and I give more credit to Conte to lid a fire under Barzagli bum and got him to what he's doing today.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:12 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:Tony I think having Pirlo in front of him, Chiellini next to him, and Buffon behind him helps his game A LOT. That being said, that is a really good thing because he may well be doing the same in Euro 12.

Could be, but I believe it was Conte who changed him.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum