Valkyrja
The Franchise
ImAbackBone
Iceman
MatthiasSammer
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Germany is the best team in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany is the best team in the world

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 am

I but some money on Germany winning it in 2010.

Am i Clairvoyant or do i just lack knowledge because they were supposedly not contenders :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Germany is the best team in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany is the best team in the world

Post by TheBlueArmy Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Germany was mentioned that so many times and yet never won in the past decade.

2002 = Lost in Finals
2004 = No where
2006 = Lost in Semi's
2008= Lost in Finals
2010 = Lost in Semi's

Best? I think not.

They have yet failed to beat Italy in 16 years :coffee:

2002= claims were made that germany had one of its worst teams in years
2004= No one regarded germany still
2006= Again, no one expected germany to go far
2008= title favorites, lost to spain
2010= No one knew what to think about germany, young inexperienced team

what has italy done this decade aside from 2006? jog on

Worst team in years and yet made it to the final? I think not. But I do agree they were not contenders, but if I look at the past decade those years had to be added including 2004. Germnay were contenders in 2006, especially being hosts of the World Cup they had the advantage. Titile favorites, but failed. 2010, Germany were in fact contenders...

Ballack was missing, and a number of other players were injured, no one knew what to expect from this german team. And in 2002, germany making it to the final showed how the team was efficient and a machine. Alright, in 2006 germany had advantage because they were the hosts, however they lost several of their games leading up to the world cup and were not regarded as favourites.
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:01 am

best of their "style"

I mean, def better than netherlands. but you cant compare them with spain or italy or any SA teams.

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by Körbl Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:19 am

braylann wrote:best of their "style"

I mean, def better than netherlands. but you cant compare them with spain or italy or any SA teams.
i agree, lets wait till the end of Euro's to make claims of superiority over the world #1 ( Spain ) or any nation tbh.
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:24 am

No World cup 10 or Euro 08, no party...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:54 am

Italians make me sick sometime..

what makes forget sometimes is that I'm a Genoa fan..

one thing to say about the game tonight.

Germany vs Holland is a DERBY!
Its similar to Germany vs Italy..
these games are usually seriously taken, eventhough they are named "Friendlies"
But the rivaly is a different thing
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:55 am

jibers wrote:No World cup 10 or Euro 08, no party...
Wake up.
This is November 16, 2011.

Based on the current form.. and on paper, yes Germany have the best national team in the world atm.
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:03 am

In between international tournaments you don't displace the reigning champions unless they have a very obvious decline, something Spain has not had. Losing friendlies doesn't mean much to Spain, even if I don't think that they'll win Euro 2012, they deserve their current titles unreservedly.

Germany are one of the best teams in the world at the moment, possibly the best on form, but you don't get the title until you win something. "At the moment" means absolutely nothing when international games are played once every two months and experimental squads are flying around everywhere.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:26 am

harhar11 wrote:
zece wrote:Ozil performs for both national and club. Where are Messi and CR when they play for NT ? Very underrated our Nemo

özil, unlike messi and cristiano ronaldo, has a NT that is well managed. Its alot easier to perform for a team when they are a team.

When Ozil isn't on the pitch, Germany's level descreases at 50%, when Messi isn't on the pitch, Argentina would be more of a team, same as Ronaldo with Portugal.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Its a friendly game and last time I checked Holland finished second in the world. Germany are a great team and have been for a long time but I think if the Holland gave a damn about this game the result would have been different.
Germany vs Netherlands is never a friendly. It is not a fierce battle as it might have been between 1974 and 1990, but normally neither team fancies a loss to to the other.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:53 pm

zece wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
zece wrote:Ozil performs for both national and club. Where are Messi and CR when they play for NT ? Very underrated our Nemo

özil, unlike messi and cristiano ronaldo, has a NT that is well managed. Its alot easier to perform for a team when they are a team.

When Ozil isn't on the pitch, Germany's level descreases at 50%, when Messi isn't on the pitch, Argentina would be more of a team, same as Ronaldo with Portugal.

No it doesn't. Germany played fine with Götze as well as with Kroos as a creator, when Özil was missing. Yes Özil is still better, but just think of the Brazil game...

And also, lol at the guy that said Italy did nothing besides winning a WC. Sure, I love that you defended Germany against Italy, but you NEVER EVER dismiss a World Cup trophy with the sentence "nothing but". Italy are world champions and it was only 5 years ago. Germany didn't win shit for 13 years. I love the current German NT, but until they win the upcoming Euros and the WC after that, they've fallen short of their potential.

Luckily, I strongly believe they'll win both. :coffee:

Until then, though, Italy's got our number and German fans have really no place to shit all over the Italy NT.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:05 pm

What has Germany proven to say they are the best in the world?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Seriously, wait for 2014 to earn that title.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Arquitecto wrote:What has Germany proven to say they are the best in the world?

I don't think it's about proof, I think it's about current form and estimates, and I don't actually disagree with rating Germany as #1 ATM, but I wouldn't claim any proof either. :p

I'll come out swinging my dick and yelling "HELL YEAAAWWW" when we win a trophy, until then I'll stick to "we're looking good".

And don't listen to those tits discounting teams who actually won something.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:31 pm

It is a joy to watch Germany play ... the football they have created is beautiful and amazing ... theres no keeping the ball and passing it an infinite amount of time between Xabi and Biniesta , the players actualy know what they are doing and you can clearly see how they are always playing through the 3rd man ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:36 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:What has Germany proven to say they are the best in the world?

I don't think it's about proof, I think it's about current form and estimates, and I don't actually disagree with rating Germany as #1 ATM, but I wouldn't claim any proof either. :p

I'll come out swinging my dick and yelling "HELL YEAAAWWW" when we win a trophy, until then I'll stick to "we're looking good".

And don't listen to those tits discounting teams who actually won something.

Understood.

Germany have all what it takes to win Euro and WC.

My prediction stands that they will go on to win in the next World Cup yet face a disappointment in the Euros.

You have every right to come out with such swagger after that win especially considering what Alemania had to face during the past decade.

But for now, as you also mention, Germany have to do it in a bigger stage now.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2