ImAbackBone
EarlyPrototype
Lord Spencer
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Klose Appreciation Thread Empty The Klose Appreciation Thread

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:39 am

Really, Klose is an enigma. He played sub-par for club just to show up for country and boss. He is considered a poacher by some but he has nearly as many assists to his name as goals. He might be considered a target man, but whenever he plays Germany play much more fluidly as he creates space and makes really intelligent passes.

This year, some might have expected Gomez on current form to kick Klose out of the starting line up, and with Klose gambling with a move to Lazio it seemed we might no longer see the man in a white short again. However, his move to Lazio proved very good, with Klose scoring 11 in 14 and assisting 6, not to mention having the third pass more than any other player in Lazio. To top it off, many of those goals were the winning goals for Lazio. The man proved so much a revelation that the Nazio fans welcomed him to their racist bosom quite rapidly.

Still, his NT starting spot was in jeopardy, no longer does he command the only claim for a striker spot. Enter this friendly match, and Klose entertains with a goal and two assists. Rarely does a man play with no look of pressure on him when playing for the NT as Klose does, his class is evident for all to see.

Also, Klose is class on and off the pitch, as we never were bombarded by any off or on the pitch antics. The man is really one who earns the infamous mantra of being humble and respectful, because in reality; he just is.

To top it off, Klose started his life as a professional carpenter and would have went on to do that if not for football. It is a good thing for football he did not continue being a carpenter, also some might disagree about that; saying he is a carpenter even while playing football. However, sawing defenses instead of wood.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Klose Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Klose Appreciation Thread

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 am

OT: Iraq are in the 4th round Spencer. You think they have a good chance to qualify?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 am

We have a really god defense and midfield, I never rated our offense, but we won despite of it. I think we are poised to at least make a decent claim for qualification, if not qualify.

Zico might not be a good coach, but the players sees him as an inspiration and would fight hard for him. It is too bad we have no home advantage, the other team fearing for their lives during the game would have helped a lot Twisted Evil
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:09 am

10 teams and including the 5th round, 5 teams go through right? so you have a good chance and good luck lol!
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:18 am

We have two groups of five, with the top 2 in each group getting in.

The third place in both groups then play each other for a possible fifth spot.

The winner plays in a play-off match with a team from CONMEBOL.

I will be happy as long as we don't bottle it as we did in the last WCQ.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Really, Klose is an enigma. He played sub-par for club just to show up for country and boss. He is considered a poacher by some but he has nearly as many assists to his name as goals. He might be considered a target man, but whenever he plays Germany play much more fluidly as he creates space and makes really intelligent passes.

This year, some might have expected Gomez on current form to kick Klose out of the starting line up, and with Klose gambling with a move to Lazio it seemed we might no longer see the man in a white short again. However, his move to Lazio proved very good, with Klose scoring 11 in 14 and assisting 6, not to mention having the third pass more than any other player in Lazio. To top it off, many of those goals were the winning goals for Lazio. The man proved so much a revelation that the Nazio fans welcomed him to their racist bosom quite rapidly.

Still, his NT starting spot was in jeopardy, no longer does he command the only claim for a striker spot. Enter this friendly match, and Klose entertains with a goal and two assists. Rarely does a man play with no look of pressure on him when playing for the NT as Klose does, his class is evident for all to see.

Also, Klose is class on and off the pitch, as we never were bombarded by any off or on the pitch antics. The man is really one who earns the infamous mantra of being humble and respectful, because in reality; he just is.

To top it off, Klose started his life as a professional carpenter and would have went on to do that if not for football. It is a good thing for football he did not continue being a carpenter, also some might disagree about that; saying he is a carpenter even while playing football. However, sawing defenses instead of wood.

Wise words my friend...

Sadly those where true some years ago as well. Only some few considered him a world class player until his move to Lazio.
Prejudice, I tell you!

anyway... Klose :bow:
(he really challenging Podolski for god-status)

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:25 am

Lord Spencer wrote: However, sawing defenses instead of wood.

Laughing

great player though. :bow:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 am

Great player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 am

ImAbackBone wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Really, Klose is an enigma. He played sub-par for club just to show up for country and boss. He is considered a poacher by some but he has nearly as many assists to his name as goals. He might be considered a target man, but whenever he plays Germany play much more fluidly as he creates space and makes really intelligent passes.

Wise words my friend...

Sadly those where true some years ago as well. Only some few considered him a world class player until his move to Lazio.
Prejudice, I tell you!

anyway... Klose The Klose Appreciation Thread 1499845164
(he really challenging Podolski for god-status)

Klose was always considered a WC player internationally, 2010 cemented his legendary statues. His move to Lazio is just a boost to his resume, and not because it is in Serie A, but because he managed to go to a completely different league and basically become the most/joint important player in the team, which is quite an achievement.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:15 am

And yet Klose is still not really rated when you hear people who don't want him to score more goals than Ronaldo (the real one) at the World Cup. IMO Klose totally would deserve that crown, and I hope he will manage to stay healthy and fit for the WC2014!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:07 pm

The best striker for national teams in the past decade without doubt. His consistency, intelligence, concentration, and decisiveness is a key feature of the two very different German sides of the past decade, with him having the quality to be the best striker possible for both sides. Salute :bow:

One of the reasons I love ze German is that their player who somehow underhyped before the tournaments always played very resolutely together. They just now how to win for the country! Well, except if the opponent is better; they will have the edge after the youth matured though. Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 pm

I love the guy. We play stylewise very alike but my position is AM eco smile
He does so many things at once, a classic expirienced striker for counters Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 pm

To be fair to Goal Legacy, he's been rated here for a while. I opened a thread similar to this in pre-season and a good while after the WC and most people agreed that Klose deserved more praise.

But yeah I agree with everything the OP said. Though actually most of the German NT are "humble and respectful", with the exception of Schweinsteiger and Lahm sometimes saying weird things about "Southern" teams... But I guess losing to Italy once and Spain twice makes you look for someone to blame. :/
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:35 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:To be fair to Goal Legacy, he's been rated here for a while. I opened a thread similar to this in pre-season and a good while after the WC and most people agreed that Klose deserved more praise.

But yeah I agree with everything the OP said. Though actually most of the German NT are "humble and respectful", with the exception of Schweinsteiger and Lahm sometimes saying weird things about "Southern" teams... But I guess losing to Italy once and Spain twice makes you look for someone to blame. :/

As far losing to Spain goes i blame Fifa for banning THE GREAT THOMAS MUELLER eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:To be fair to Goal Legacy, he's been rated here for a while. I opened a thread similar to this in pre-season and a good while after the WC and most people agreed that Klose deserved more praise.

Really? Because he's no God like Podolski he doesn't deserve more praise than he's getting? Isn't this prejudice? banana, I understand what you mean though, yeah he's getting enough praise, but I think sometimes the people appreciate him as a poacher while he's not, he's a complete-good enough to sacrifice for team-advanced forward, different from his rival, the spanish born Mario who play just to score.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

As far losing to Spain goes i blame Fifa for banning THE GREAT THOMAS MUELLER eco smile

Yeah this one is spot on, the one people didn't really appreciate more from Germany's midfield and attack is this great man. Even the spartan Baros-lookalike-if don't have moustache Khedira is appreciated more here and by UEFA and FIFA, dammit! Muller is one of the 4 most important players in die National Mannschaft man!!! MULLER!!!!! He just need neo Kaiser to be relied upon as his backbone. ☀

Anyway, you two don't like Low? Give some input in my thread dear forum lords :bow:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:47 pm

I love Löw since he started trusting youngsters. He really got on my nerves up until about 2009. I've started loving him since he called up Khedira, Özil, Müller etc. - that really made me change my opinion of him. And I got the feeling, despite his asshattery when he screwed over Frings first and then Ballack, that Löw is getting better and better the more confident he gets. Because a lot of his experiments are quite ballsy, but they always pan out. He's also always been right with sticking with Podolski and Klose.

BTW I didn'T mean that Klose doesn't deserve more praise, I just said that here on this Forum he's more appreciated than in the press ,for example.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I love Löw since he started trusting youngsters. He really got on my nerves up until about 2009. I've started loving him since he called up Khedira, Özil, Müller etc. - that really made me change my opinion of him. And I got the feeling, despite his asshattery when he screwed over Frings first and then Ballack, that Löw is getting better and better the more confident he gets. Because a lot of his experiments are quite ballsy, but they always pan out. He's also always been right with sticking with Podolski and Klose.

BTW I didn'T mean that Klose doesn't deserve more praise, I just said that here on this Forum he's more appreciated than in the press ,for example.

Umm, but if you compare him with dear Godolski, he's gotten more appreciation in press you know. Or am I mistakenly reversing them both? scratch eco smile
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Ah, now I get what you meant. Yeah I agree Very Happy

But the press is rather knee-jerky, especially when it comes to off-form strikers. What people never take into account is that Löw sees his players on the training pitch, and we all don't.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Yes at last :dance:

Anyway, I consider Klose as the best NT striker of the past decade, Low as the best non-winning coach of the past decade, and Germany as the best near-winning NT of the past decade. That, along with Muller to be the best NT inside forward for the next decade, Schweini the best CM playmaker for the next the decade, Lahm the best lame short unorthodox twosided FB captain for the next 5 years, and Gotze to be a Ballon D'or contender at least twice in the next decade; if all things goes well for your beloved NT. I don't care about the spanish born Mario as he would never be as good as Klose for my liking Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Great player...

I wish we had got him... :facepalm:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Another one to bow down to. Pretty much carrying Lazio to CL spots.

As predicted, is completely beasting Serie A due to his incredible football brain.

Worship.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 pm

10 goals in 16 matches.. what a player
but did anyone see his miss vs novara? that was seriously worse than the torres miss lol
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Nazio showing a consisitency which is unheard of. WTF!
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Lord Spencer you're from Iraq? I'm from Iraq too, I live in Canada.
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next