Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
9 posters

Go down

PSG appreciation thread Empty PSG appreciation thread

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm

So how about PSG? With all the rubbish thrown its way, it's time to give respect to the management of the club. They have money.... yes. But they have spent like football people because it is managed by football people. Nothing like City. The investments are in Verratti, Lucas, Pastore and Matuidi for the future + Ibra, Silva and Lavezzi for the immediate.

There's logic to this team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

PSG appreciation thread Empty Re: PSG appreciation thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 pm

ah give it up, give it up, you made you all barca haters dream. give us love it's free
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Respect to Carlo, respect that they are just a much better version of the City project but come on...

They spend a couple hundred MILLION on players. If you've got the money then use it. Of course that's fine but there's only so much 'respect' you can give a team that are a spending machine. You can enter a transfer market knowing you can buy pretty much whoever you like. That's nothing special to me.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Nobody will do that Sports simply because 95% of GL only had their first impressions of Paris in the CL and not the Ligue 1. If they would see how well this team is managed, how Leonardo is a brilliant leader to direct this project, how Ancelotti has taken a completely new team of ego's and raised the team above expectations whilst on his way to accomplishing the goals....or just the team itself and their identity to it, there would be far more respect for PSG.

Money is overrated by this forum as people don't comprehend that without intelligent and shrewd management, it is as useless as a shark without its senses.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Spent 200 mil and still have a payroll in the 80 mil euro range, which is not even top 10 in Europe. The splashed on the fees and kept wages down because young players don't command the crazy wages. They went after talented players who wanted CL exposure as opposed to going after established international stars... only exceptions were Ibra and Silva.

They are already in the black for next year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Like I said I do respect them and they are a very well-run club. But I could never respect them as much as a club who achieves similar (Not nessecarily as good) results without the comfort of a blank cheque-book.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Considering how much time and money City have invested in their squad compared to PSG's relatively fast ascend...

Sure, I can applaud their deeds.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Like I said I do respect them and they are a very well-run club. But I could never respect them as much as a club who achieves similar (Not nessecarily as good) results without the comfort of a blank cheque-book.

You do realize Juve had a blank checkbook in the 80s. So did Milan in the late 80s and 90s. Juve also spent a crazy amount of money in the late 2000s... but on bad players. Every elite club has a blank check.

It's not even a blank check really because the team is in the black now lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

PSG having 2 appreciation threads :bow: i suppose they do deserve it though, the better team over the two legs IMO but unfortunately the better team doesn't always win.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 pm

I must admit their management must've had a hard time to find all these great players for big money... respect :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 pm

The biggest signings were Sirigu, Matuidi and Verrati. Gameiro and Menez are also very important for depth. How much did these guys cost? Less than 50 mil in aggregate.

The only paid really big on Pastore, Lucas, Ibra and Silva. Other than Pastore, well worth the pricetags (40, 42, 33 and 42). Lavezzi was bought for 25 mil euros and that is market value to me too.

An again, the aggregate wages are less than 90 mil.

I really don't see where this overspending stigma comes from. Only thing is that they built this in 2 years as opposed to 5 years. So it seems like a lot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Like I said I do respect them and they are a very well-run club. But I could never respect them as much as a club who achieves similar (Not nessecarily as good) results without the comfort of a blank cheque-book.

You do realize Juve had a blank checkbook in the 80s. So did Milan in the late 80s and 90s. Juve also spent a crazy amount of money in the late 2000s... but on bad players. Every elite club has a blank check.

It's not even a blank check really because the team is in the black now lol.
Yeah I'm not saying Juve didn't/hasn't spent a truck load on players. And yes Elite clubs spend more but the reason PsG are now close to/on the level of 'Elite' in the first place is because of the funds they're getting from the owner.

If somebody gave Everton 400M to spend they could probably become Elite too.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Lavezzi for me was best player of PSG

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:The biggest signings were Sirigu, Matuidi and Verrati. Gameiro and Menez are also very important for depth. How much did these guys cost? Less than 50 mil in aggregate.

The only paid really big on Pastore, Lucas, Ibra and Silva. Other than Pastore, well worth the pricetags (40, 42, 33 and 42). Lavezzi was bought for 25 mil euros and that is market value to me too.

An again, the aggregate wages are less than 90 mil.

I really don't see where this overspending stigma comes from. Only thing is that they built this in 2 years as opposed to 5 years. So it seems like a lot.

This part is a portion frequently ignored by the PSG project opposition.

What's even more impressive is the faith managed to the players who haven't performed and how a semblance of identity has been formed so swiftly in terms of chemistry.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:45 pm

PSG has a 61% approval rating from the french people according to a poll by l'Equipe last week. Why? the management is getting a lot of respect.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the prez of PSG, did a 1 hour interview with Louis Nicolin last week on Bein... he did it entirely in French. Nicolin was very impressed and he's hardcore.

They're not trying to sell Qatar to France. They are just trying to show that Qatar can be a respectful partner in the country. It's very good and smart... maintaining cultural sensitivity is hugely important in Europe.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Despite the image most perceive from the "money" you just got to respect what they have done. (Remember City in CL?!)
I can see that it is money well spent. Veratti and Lucas are class
And Thiago Silva such a CB!

They keep this up and they are set for years to come.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Yeah it's money well-spent, they are 50x smarter than City. However, come on people. How many teams can go and buy silva, Lucas, Lavezzi, Ibra etc etc in one window? City, Madrid... Maybe Bayern?

If you can buy the best players without selling anybody then yeah you're going to give yourselves a much, much better chance of doing great things.

People are underestimating the power of money too much i'm afraid.

Whether it's spent wisely or not, the fact is PsG can spend 40M on a player without blinking an eye whereas most clubs would need to re-shuffle the squad just to think about pulling off a move like that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:03 am

Man u and chelsea have no problems splashing the cash either.

The reason most elite clubs can't do multiple big deals like PSG did is because of their existing wage Bill. They's all over £150 mil pounds in EPl and actually pushing £200 mil or surpassed it. When you compare that to PSG's current total of around £65 mil, you can see why they can spend more on the fees since they have £100 mil annual cushion on wages.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down