punkfusion1992
Great Leader Sprucenuce
ronalessi
BiasedMilanFan3
Jonathan28
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:15 am

Ordinho10 wrote:
imalegend wrote:i got my xbox/kinect for uni....but it has been sitting for a few days now

have to go get a tv... Sad

I feel your pain, my TV died last week, so I have a brand spanking new Xbox, and I can't play it for two weeks until my TV gets fixed Sad

On the bright side, my exams finish on the 14th, the day my TV gets back, so once I get home, i'm trying this Xbox out.

same here my exams finish on the 16th, gonna have a xbox marathon, haven't played in over 6 months..

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:19 am

Just got one last week as well.

Going to go psycho in a couple of weeks when I get MW3.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am

You should get Gears; then you can game with Mole, Iniesta and I Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:01 am

Oh snap, I'll be picking up Gears in a bit to join you fellas.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:31 am

the_gooner wrote:Oh snap, I'll be picking up Gears in a bit to join you fellas.

Thumbs up banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:You should get Gears; then you can game with Mole, Iniesta and I Thumbs up

I might join you guys, we'll go crazy banana

imalegend wrote:
Ordinho10 wrote:
imalegend wrote:i got my xbox/kinect for uni....but it has been sitting for a few days now

have to go get a tv... Sad

I feel your pain, my TV died last week, so I have a brand spanking new Xbox, and I can't play it for two weeks until my TV gets fixed Sad

On the bright side, my exams finish on the 14th, the day my TV gets back, so once I get home, i'm trying this Xbox out.

same here my exams finish on the 16th, gonna have a xbox marathon, haven't played in over 6 months..

I'll play the Xbox like crazy, but probably only for 3-4 hours a time, we all know overheating was the number one cause of the RROD on the previous 360's.

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Dude, don't even worry about the heating; just be sure to give your XBOX enough space to breathe. I abused my old XBOX when "Gears of War" dropped, I was playing for hours on end and my XBOX never caught the red rings. The new XBOX has a better design and has a much better ventilation system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:15 pm

Yh aslong you place on a hard surface and give it room for the ventilation to do its job you will have no problem......

As Tetra said the new one is designed alot better i havent heard of any RROD complaints for it.

I have played for 10+ hours before and it hasnt even come close to overheating.

I dont do much anymore because of work commitments and not really having the overall time except for weekends if i dont go out.....

I probably would'nt anyway but if i wanted to i would'nt have any fears of RROD.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Dude, don't even worry about the heating; just be sure to give your XBOX enough space to breathe. I abused my old XBOX when "Gears of War" dropped, I was playing for hours on end and my XBOX never caught the red rings. The new XBOX has a better design and has a much better ventilation system.

Yeah, I hear that keeping the Xbox in a horizontal position helps keep the Xbox cool since all the vents aren't being blocked. The power supply also needs to be taken care of aswell i've been told. I don't mind all that to be honest.

What gets me, is the way disks get scratched when the Xbox is moved with the disk spinning. I personally think people who move their Xbox around with a disk still spinning inside are idiots, and they deserve everything they get. This used to happen in the PSone lmao. But luckily, with the 250GB HD space, all I have to do is install a game, and I never have to use the disk again, so in that regard, it won't be a problem.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:19 pm

I passed out with my box on last night; I have it set to shut off after 5 hours (wish they had a 2-3 hour option). But like Mole said, you really have nothing to fear. I would also recommend you save your games to the hard drive, it will basically ensure your games never break; I don't even take them out of the XBOX anymore.

The old XBOX would burn your game and make it unreadable, :lol!: the bad ol' days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yh aslong you place on a hard surface and give it room for the ventilation to do its job you will have no problem......

As Tetra said the new one is designed alot better i havent heard of any RROD complaints for it.

I have played for 10+ hours before and it hasnt even come close to overheating.

I dont do much anymore because of work commitments and not really having the overall time except for weekends if i dont go out.....

I probably would'nt anyway but if i wanted to i would'nt have any fears of RROD.

Agreed. At this time I would hardly have the time to play the Xbox much. But when Uni my exams are done in exactly 2 weeks, I'll be playing the Xbox quite a bit, 3-4 hours at a go max to be honest, I wouldn't play longer then that even if there was no overheating problem. Its just that my eyes and hands start hurting then.

I only work Saturday and Sunday, so Monday-Friday, will be Skyrim time, and beating you guys in Gears banana
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:23 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I passed out with my box on last night; I have it set to shut off after 5 hours (wish they had a 2-3 hour option). But like Mole said, you really have nothing to fear. I would also recommend you save your games to the hard drive, it will basically ensure your games never break; I don't even take them out of the XBOX anymore.

The old XBOX would burn your game and make it unreadable, :lol!: the bad ol' days.

I remember the days when PSone and Dreamcast would burn your disks, it was depressing, I know how you feel guys.

Thank god for Hard Drives, no need for disks :lol!:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Oh yh that reminds me i need to put Gears on my hard drive lol......

Btw on Skyrim dont put it on on your hard drive because atm there's a bug that corrupts your save files.....

But in general like Tetra says its good to put games on your hard drive for many reasons......

Btw you still need to the disc to run the game but it runs off the hard drive so its basically impossible for your games to scratch.....

Oh yh i remember those days lol Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Oh yh that reminds me i need to put Gears on my hard drive lol......

Btw on Skyrim dont put it on on your hard drive because atm there's a bug that corrupts your save files.....

But in general like Tetra says its good to put games on your hard drive for many reasons......

Btw you still need to the disc to run the game but it runs off the hard drive so its basically impossible for your games to scratch.....

Oh yh i remember those days lol Laughing

I hear it's mainly users of the older Xbox's who have that problem with corrupted save files, same with bad textures. But i'll heed your advice and play off the disk for a couple of days until a patch comes out.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!: There is a new patch for Skyrim on Xbox and PC which came out today(patch 1.2), it came out on Monday for PS3 users. But you must NOT install it, the patch causes more harm then good. Players who installed the patch reported problems such as dragons flying backwards, their magic resistance has basically been reduced to 0%, even with enchanted gear, also, if your really unlucky, dragons disappear......

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1297926-glitches-caused-by-the-12/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1297815-dont-install-12-patch-it-breaks-the-game/

PS3 also has similar problems with the patch, with the lag issue not being fixed, Bethesda basically just used band-aid on it.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1295737-game-no-longer-recognizes-my-magic-resistance-after-patch/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1297029-take-note-bethesda-ps3-patch-doesnt-fix-lag-issue/

Also, a thread discussing all the bugs which came with the new patch, or unresolved bugs which were meant to be resolved, but weren't.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1296458-the-unofficall-bug-list-post-102/

I'll post this in the Skyrim thread aswell to warn people

Bethesda :facepalm:

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:55 pm

is it worth it to put the games on hard drive?
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 pm

imalegend wrote:is it worth it to put the games on hard drive?

Yeah. Your disk will become basically impossible to scratch and the game will run faster with faster loading times.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm

:facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:03 pm

The only game I have on my hard drive, apart from demos is Borderlands. It runs fine and not having to insert a disc everytime I want to play the game is awesome. You can download/share the games you purchase through PSN with 4 other consoles, as well. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to download games directly to the hard drive (PS3). Unless you're talking about storing part of the game on the hard drive, something that usually speeds up loading times for some games. If so, you definitely should, if you have free space for it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Thimmy wrote:

The only game I have on my hard drive, apart from demos is Borderlands. It runs fine and not having to insert a disc everytime I want to play the game is awesome. You can download/share the games you purchase through PSN with 4 other consoles, as well. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to download games directly to the hard drive (PS3). Unless you're talking about storing part of the game on the hard drive, something that usually speeds up loading times for some games. If so, you definitely should, if you have free space for it.

i think PS is different than xbox..... i think you still need a disc to play for xbox
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:07 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote: :facepalm:

What? :lol!:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Get XBOX, it's better than PS3 I've had XBOX since the start still have the old one and it works fine it's all BS RODD happens if it overheats. Also install games on harddrive it helps, not only durability but game performance
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Dinner is already cold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2