andiii
michael1
Harmonica
emassy
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you support this idea?

Introduction of the galactic league - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Introduction of the galactic league - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Introduction of the galactic league - Page 2 Vote_lcap64%Introduction of the galactic league - Page 2 Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 11

Introduction of the galactic league - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduction of the galactic league

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:51 pm

exactly, it could work, but that doesnt mean we'd want to see it

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Introduction of the galactic league - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduction of the galactic league

Post by jibers Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Art Morte wrote:
RedOranje wrote:A super league would be the end of club football as we know it. The "lesser" clubs in the national leagues would struggle to survive as their tv funds dried up... broadcasters would only be interested in showing the Super League.

Well, I would rather watch English football than such a Super League - even if Liverpool played in the latter - and I'm sure there would be more people like me. So you would still get TV broadcasts of those domestic leagues, even if it was something what the nPower Championship is at the moment.

But the whole idea of a super league is so absurd to me that I don't think it even deserves serious debate.

Not a seperate super league per say but turn the cl into a league and scrap the group stages.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 pm

zizzle wrote:exactly, it could work, but that doesnt mean we'd want to see it
It's very hard to make work though.

Away fan travels will be very hard to manage, Match schedules etc...

Too lazy to think of others.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:14 pm

jibers wrote:

Not a seperate super league per say but turn the cl into a league and scrap the group stages.

per se not per say

and no, i think the cl is exciting as it is, i dont need any changes to be honest....
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:31 pm

A better example of the success of closed leagues would be the NFL rather than the NBA; it puts every European football league to shame in just about every single aspect you could think of.

On-Topic: Hell no.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Why is most no?,dont you guys want more competition amongst top teams and also discover new teams from the divisions?
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, I wouldn't want to ruin the Bundesliga for some elite-only league. And if you look at the current CL group stage - isn't that cool beyond words?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2