andiii
michael1
Harmonica
emassy
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you support this idea?

Introduction of the galactic league Vote_lcap36%Introduction of the galactic league Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Introduction of the galactic league Vote_lcap64%Introduction of the galactic league Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 11

Introduction of the galactic league Empty Introduction of the galactic league

Post by emassy Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 am

Having seeing alot of teams like madrid,barca,man u,chelsea,arsenal,inter,ac milan,bayern,e.t.c dominate their leagues,i think it would be nice if UEFA put them in one league called the galactic league. In this league,clubs will no longer participate in their usual league,but will still compete in the champions league among their confederation. This will also mean reshuffling the leagues in the other countries to fill the void left by the big teams that left with the best performers from the lower division.the galactic league will also have at least two division with all champions league qualifying clubs and few other top clubs (europa league) in the other leagues engaging in a series of play-offs to determine the teams in the top and lower divisions. Each division must not necessarily contain 20 teams,MLS format of 8 teams per division is fair enough. Brave idea?,share your view
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Introduction of the galactic league Empty Re: Introduction of the galactic league

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:36 am

Wall of text. No.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Introduction of the galactic league Empty Re: Introduction of the galactic league

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 am

straight up no.

i dnt know why people feel like football needs to change.

no super leagues, no video refs.

the game is beautiful as it is.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:40 am

michael1 wrote:straight up no.

what nonsense. what's beautiful about wrongly disallowed goals? diving to win penalties? diving to fake an injury to get other player sent off? these happen every game and there's nothing beautiful about those. they can be cut out

saying that, i don't agree with the super league at all. the fact that most teams don't play each other every year is what makes the CL exciting
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:58 am

andiii wrote:

what nonsense. what's beautiful about wrongly disallowed goals? diving to win penalties? diving to fake an injury to get other player sent off? these happen every game and there's nothing beautiful about those. they can be cut out

saying that, i don't agree with the super league at all. the fact that most teams don't play each other every year is what makes the CL exciting

Its beautiful cause its human, everything u mentioned is a human thing, every team has benifitted from things like those and have lost cause of those things it all evens out.

Last thing i want to see if the play stoppin every 5 mins to watch replays of a tackle,offside or watever else it could be.

This is the way the game is and people need to deal with it

I live in australia and nrl use lots of the video replays to judge things and u know what, the calls are still wrong sometimes and it holds up the play.

Its called the beautful game for a reason.

The only technology that should be used is goal line and that its simply because it would rarely come into play and almost impossible for a ref to judge correctly if its border line.

I mean geez inter won over the weekend cause of a ref mistake.

The sport is fine and doesnt need that crap
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:38 pm

michael1 wrote:
andiii wrote:

Its beautiful cause its human, everything u mentioned is a human thing, every team has benifitted from things like those and have lost cause of those things it all evens out.

Last thing i want to see if the play stoppin every 5 mins to watch replays of a tackle,offside or watever else it could be.

This is the way the game is and people need to deal with it

I live in australia and nrl use lots of the video replays to judge things and u know what, the calls are still wrong sometimes and it holds up the play.

Its called the beautful game for a reason.

The only technology that should be used is goal line and that its simply because it would rarely come into play and almost impossible for a ref to judge correctly if its border line.

I mean geez inter won over the weekend cause of a ref mistake.

The sport is fine and doesnt need that crap

Pretty sure the person who coined the term "Beautiful game" didn't envision diving, disgusting tackles and disallowed goals in their vision. That is not beautiful. A 40 pass team move culminating a sumptuous goal is beautiful. A defender intercepting a striker one on one with a clean, crisp tackle is beautiful. A winger bamboozling his marker with silky smooth footwork is beautiful. A defense splitting pass is beautiful. A keeper making a world-class double save is beautiful. That's what this game is about and that's what's always been at the heart of it. That will never change.

In order for the game to keep it's inherent beauty, enhancements will have to be made eventually, just as they've been continually made as the game has progressed from where it was 30 and 40 years ago.

Video technology is the next logical step in the progression of football. Sepp Blatter obviously doesn't have the balls to do it, but then again, he won't be president forever. Someone will eventually have the ambition and overall vision that he obvious lacks. Its inevitable.

Last edited by McLewis on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:43 pm

:bow: ^^^^^ Thumbs up
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Hmm look i dnt disagree with the fact something needs to be done.

Just dnt agree with video tech if anythin it should like tennis where each side can go to video ref once or twice not sure how many times there allowed but i know its limited.

One call for each team, max 2 so for big decisions they can use video but everything else they cant.

So its kinda win win for veryone video ref wont be abused and big calls will get called correctly with the play being held up as little as possible
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm for it! But the Galactic league should be done as a separate thing. Cut all 20 teams down to 16, cut the number of teams in the CL, and somehow make a league with the top teams, making it a league format rather than having this BS home and away tie. it would prevent teams from being defensive and every team would have to play each other. Twice over the course of the whole year.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:00 pm

jibers wrote:I'm for it! But the Galactic league should be done as a separate thing. Cut all 20 teams down to 16, cut the number of teams in the CL, and somehow make a league with the top teams, making it a league format rather than having this BS home and away tie. it would prevent teams from being defensive and every team would have to play each other. Twice over the course of the whole year.

So effectively, we'd be watching the same 16 teams over and over again with no one else able to break in and try their luck. That sounds hella boring just imagining it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 pm

lol hell no, football shouldn't go down the plastic way.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:18 pm

McLewis wrote:
jibers wrote:I'm for it! But the Galactic league should be done as a separate thing. Cut all 20 teams down to 16, cut the number of teams in the CL, and somehow make a league with the top teams, making it a league format rather than having this BS home and away tie. it would prevent teams from being defensive and every team would have to play each other. Twice over the course of the whole year.

So effectively, we'd be watching the same 16 teams over and over again with no one else able to break in and try their luck. That sounds hella boring just imagining it.

The bottom 3 teams get relegated to Europa league and the top teams get promoted from europa.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Europa is a cup competition, you can't relegate/promote that way.

A super league would be the end of club football as we know it. The "lesser" clubs in the national leagues would struggle to survive as their tv funds dried up... broadcasters would only be interested in showing the Super League. The small teams would die or shrink will the super league ones would continue to grow as businesses. International footy would suffer for the lack of options in their player pools while many of the players that develop late on would probably be overlooked by the big clubs' academies and never get their chance.

The ONLY people that would benefit from the super league would be those that make money off of football, and even that would likely only be a short-term gain.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Hell No

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Introduction of the galactic league Skeptical-hippo

I am with the Hippo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:54 pm

well the NBA is somehow a closed super league and its doing fine
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm

zizzle wrote:well the NBA is somehow a closed super league and its doing fine
Completely different sports culture, league set-up, and sport. Apples and oranges, really.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:34 pm

RedOranje wrote:A super league would be the end of club football as we know it. The "lesser" clubs in the national leagues would struggle to survive as their tv funds dried up... broadcasters would only be interested in showing the Super League.

Well, I would rather watch English football than such a Super League - even if Liverpool played in the latter - and I'm sure there would be more people like me. So you would still get TV broadcasts of those domestic leagues, even if it was something what the nPower Championship is at the moment.

But the whole idea of a super league is so absurd to me that I don't think it even deserves serious debate.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Completely different sports culture, league set-up, and sport. Apples and oranges, really.

well im not calling for a euro football league myself, im just pointing out that a closed league is not a bad thing if it's managed right. Matter of fact a super league will facilitate any future financial regulations like a salary cap instead of the yet-to-be-effective FFP.

Last edited by zizzle on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Art Morte wrote:
RedOranje wrote:A super league would be the end of club football as we know it. The "lesser" clubs in the national leagues would struggle to survive as their tv funds dried up... broadcasters would only be interested in showing the Super League.

Well, I would rather watch English football than such a Super League - even if Liverpool played in the latter - and I'm sure there would be more people like me. So you would still get TV broadcasts of those domestic leagues, even if it was something what the nPower Championship is at the moment.

But the whole idea of a super league is so absurd to me that I don't think it even deserves serious debate.

Completely agree
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Is this a joke or?
I mean, aside from the comparison between the NBA and football in Europe (structure wise)

The NBA is on lockout, the players and owners are struggling with the division of revenue (players-owner splits)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Luca wrote:

Is this a joke or?
I mean, aside from the comparison between the NBA and football in Europe (structure wise)

The NBA is on lockout, the players and owners are struggling with the division of revenue (players-owner splits)

the conflicts between the NBA owners and the players has nothing to do with the success of the leauge, matter of fact that problem came out because the league is making so much money the players think they deserve a bigger peice of the pie

but anyway this isnt a joke, coz if you actually read the thread, and my reply to RedOranje, you would have known that im not comparing basketball to football but i only used the NBA to dispute the logic that a closed league is bad for football.

Last edited by zizzle on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm

The league is actually BLEEDING money for the most part (few teams actually profited after last season) so the owners want the players to take pay cuts

Oh ok, then I do think it could work for football to be honest, just not crazy about the NBA example but there are different things to consider I guess

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Meh.. Would be another 2 horse race i believe.

Another Sunny SPL according to Redcafe dudes. albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:51 pm

exactly, it could work, but that doesnt mean we'd want to see it
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum