Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players?

+16
Sir Psycho
kiranr
Le Samourai
The Franchise
SUPERCARTTS
Khaled
Mr Nick09
che
Abramovich
El Chelsea Fuerte
Vibe
Arsenalfaithfull
Sushi Master
Iceman
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players? Empty Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players?

Post by Gil Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu?

I think McEachran would provide the creativity Chelsea lack in the squad for example and is the perfect fit for AVB's style of play. Quick and short passing. His final ball is also pretty impressive so he could also play further up the pitch if needed.

In the few games Romeu has started for us he's been very impressive. Pretty much a Busquets clone except not as creative but he's more a terrier. Perfect fit for the high pressing game a high defensive backline requires.

Would have also mentioned Kakuta but Ancelotti has destroyed his career. Kid's confidence is even lower than Torres' Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players? Empty Re: Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:16 pm

In short: Yes

Spoiler:

That only fixes a 1/3 of the problem tho :coffee:

The other two being...... not having a striker in the whole squad who is not out of form/past it and only David Luiz is suited to the highline Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players? Empty Re: Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Those kids will probably start against us in Carling Cup.

Shame that Spearing will boss the MF though :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:19 pm

YES YES YES! How can McEachran not get a game for Chelsea? He was supposed to be much better than Wilshere, but he can't break through the an aging Chelsea midfield that doesn't even work that well right now.

He should be starting and showing the world the potential that he has. I have little info on Romeu, but I've heard great things about him.
Makes me wonder why they still aren't being used.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Much better than Wilshere is hard to imagine.

But hell yeah the youngsters should be played.

Chelsea, the new Arsenal Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Ya you gota replace Sturridge.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm not saying he's better. I think he won't be as good as Wilshere, but if he's supposed to be so great, then how come the two coaches that he has had haven't played him all that often?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Well, Wilshere himself has said that he needs to play more often, so I guess he at least must be talented.

Definitely deserves a chance, apart from being English and all. At the very least a loan option.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Last thing Chelsea need are youth... you want to play youth in non pressure situation first to get their feet wet. Pressure is huge right now.

AVB needs to win games. Terry is done. Torres is horrible.

I'd play Luiz, Lukaku and Drogba in every game now. Need to get an identity and, to me, Chelsea can most easily try to become physically dominant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Mceachran does'nt know how to dominate a game like Wilshere :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:54 pm

He should adjust the tactics...Almost all managers who adapt the team to themselves rather than adapting to the team and playing to it's strengths fail.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Ya you gota replace Sturridge.

?

sportsczy wrote:I'd play Luiz, Lukaku and Drogba in every game now. Need to get an identity and, to me, Chelsea can most easily try to become physically dominant.

How are you going to play Lukaku and Drogba together?

Iceman wrote:I'm not saying he's better. I think he won't be as good as Wilshere, but if he's supposed to be so great, then how come the two coaches that he has had haven't played him all that often?

OK now wait a second. No one except Gil is saying he will be better than Wil, but from what I make from this post is that you don't believe McEachran would come out good. First, I'll start out by saying he's 18. If you're going to make any assumptions of how his career will pan out from that age, then that's ridiculous. Second, last season was the season he broke out as a 17 year old, and he played 17 games. If you expect a 17 year old to be starting week in and week out for us then that too is pretty ridiculous. In fact, if you are a 17 year old and made that many appearances for us then that says a lot. Now this season is when you have a case. He has been pretty cruelly treated by Villas-Boas, who clearly likes Romeu more, for a reason I do not know. When he was asked about him, he said that McEachran was just as good as any of the other players but the other players had experience which was important. Now that brings up the question of how is he going to get experience when you're never going to play him. I believe the club really wanted to loan him during the summer but they could not because they were not certain whether we would get Modric or Meireles, as Meireles ended up coming at the last minute. This sadly blocked any loan move for McEachran, and for some reason or other, Villas-Boas prefers to play the other more experienced. That in my opinion is justifiable because in high pressure situations you want the guys that are proven to be playing, not the ones that just have potential but haven't really proven it elsewhere. This is like how it was with Sturridge last season. That being said, when he is inevitably loaned during the winter, if he makes a performances like Sturridge and Wil did at Bolton, I'm sure he would be used as quickly as next season because we really could be using someone of his type of play right now.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Silly question about Josh, considering how Jack & Tom needed loan spells to get into it, its a pretty stupid question from iceman Heart
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:28 pm

just please, for the love of god, keep playing terry and torres

those two are essential to our chances to advance
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:31 pm

che wrote:just please, for the love of god, keep playing terry and torres

those two are essential to our chances to advance

And essential to our chances of getting 3 points LOL banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:37 pm

1) I never said he isn't good. I always always maintained that Wilshere and McE are the future of England's midfield. I was merely wondering why he is being overlooked.

2) I say he isn't going to be better than Wil; How does that make me worse than a Chelsea fan who thinks that McE will be better than Wilshere? Aren't both of these just assumptions? I should not be getting ridiculed for that

3) 17 appearances, playing mostly as a sub towards the end of the game and mainly in non-important competitions

4) The Loan Transfer deadline for players was TODAY, not 3 months ago. The decision to loan him out, or the decision to not loan him out, had absolutely nothing to do with the purchase or the attempted purchase of Meireles and Modric.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:43 pm

You don't "need" loan spells to break through a team. Thiago wasn't loaned out, yet here he is playing regularly for Barca. You don't "NEED" loan moves in order to prove yourself. If the manager trusts you enough, then he will play you.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Barca is a different case, look at thier history of loaning players out and how many of them come back and break into the first team looool

It's probably not even 1% lulz

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Iceman wrote:You don't "need" loan spells to break through a team. Thiago wasn't loaned out, yet here he is playing regularly for Barca. You don't "NEED" loan moves in order to prove yourself. If the manager trusts you enough, then he will play you.

I dont think it's a good idea to take in example those barca kids. They are being bred to play specific positions, and he was playing in Div2 already last year.

There is also a maturity factor because Thiago is ready beyond his years. Just like Varane for us, very mature, enough to handle playing CB for us.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain was bought, and he has played some part in our campaign already.
Better yet, Frimpong has played for us this season, and was actually supposed to be an important figure since last season but he got injured for the most part of last season and so had to wait for this one. Again, another player who didn't get loaned out, is extremely talented and is being given a chance without any loans.

As I said, you don't need to be loaned out to prove yourself.
Goetze didn't get loaned out either...

See what I'm saying here? I'm just pointing out that being loaned is not a necessary step that players need to take in order to start playing and getting integrated in the team.

I understand that it's actually better to loan out players, as most of the youngsters at Arsenal do so, but it's not necessary and it's not the reason that McE isn't playing. Experience? Please..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Romeu = Win #justsayin :coffee:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:17 pm

He hasn't got the bottle to start Romeu and McEachran. The problem stems deeper than bringing through some young blood.

Last edited by SUPERCARTTS on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Yes and no.

I think they could with some burn, but I think Romeu is getting that a little.

I dont think its smart to throw them in at the deep end, they need to be slowly put in. Look how Pep has introduced Pedro, Busi and Thiago. Nothing rushed, nothing before they are ready.

They wont solve anything, but they have more flexibilty and havent devolped habits that are hurting AVB´s ideas like some of the older guys have.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:22 pm

1. Move Luiz to Defensive midfield.

2.If he's going to continue with his system , drop Ramires and play Meireles.

3.Play Alex.

4.Play Torres as a SS to let him get more involved.

5.Play Kalou more.

6.Give Mceachran and Romeu more minutes.

7.Give Anelka a shot at his preferred CF position.

@Franchise....Busquets was a bit rushed,but it worked out.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next