pUsHa
Ganso
Lex
billionmillion
Great Leader Sprucenuce
149 posters

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

Quotes from other forums that make you LOL - Page 9 Empty Re: Quotes from other forums that make you LOL

Post by Le Samourai Mon May 28, 2012 11:20 pm

That's what people don't get.

I can understand if you're proud of your clubs history ( like I am of mine) but there's no reason to attack other clubs for not having it.

They're just trying to make history like everyone else.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Quotes from other forums that make you LOL - Page 9 Empty Re: Quotes from other forums that make you LOL

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Here's another GOAT post:

I don't particularly hate Chelsea because of their success and manner in which they have acquired it.

Chelsea may have a billionaire owner who has spent a fortune on players, but ultimately Abramovich has done everything within the current rules (bar tapping up Ashley Cole). Chelsea and now Man City are just more extreme examples of clubs throughout English football who are underpinned by the fortunes of their owners. In the Premiership, clubs from Spurs to Bolton have all required massive capital injections to cover their expenditure so I think it's unfair to single out Chelsea or Man City.

While there are obviously some major negatives, the impact of Abramovich's Chelsea on the English game IMO has been largely positive:

- Chelsea gradually helped raise the bar for performances to win the league. They were just as good in cup competitions as they were in the league. If you beat them, you knew you had done very well. In that time English clubs have managed to reach 7 Champions League finals between 2003 and 2012, winning 3.

- They helped break the United and Arsenal duopoly. Despite Arsenal seemingly the better team between seasons 2001/02 and 2003/04, the impending move to the Emirates would have significantly handed the advantage over to United. Chelsea ensured that there was a serious challenger to the league title. Man City have overtaken Chelsea in that respect, making it harder for Arsenal, but at least it is no longer so predictable at the top with more genuine contenders.

I was supporting them in CL final against Bayern. I never had the fixation of being the first London club to win it. Chelsea may not have played the prettiest football this term, but the teams they had to beat including Bayern playing at their own ground is a great achievement. They have played far better football in the CL previously without the reward it probably deserved, but that's life and they took the opportunity when it did come around again. I'm happy that players like Lampard and Cole, who will probably never win anything with England, can at least say they they are Champions League winners as they have been amongst the best players in Europe over the last decade.

I'm sure Chelsea will find it more difficult to continue their success. I just hope we can take inspiration and advantage of their situation

Which makes me laugh at the few Arsenal fans that like to act like numpties. There's always the good and bad side to every fanbase though.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 pm

our european success was powered by the state? silent
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Lord Hades wrote:our european success was powered by the state?
And banks. smoking
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 29, 2012 12:39 am

Is is just me or United have lost the pull they once had. I mean first Neuer chose Bayern Munich, then Nasri chose City, a few weeks ago Pogba chose Juventus and now Hazard chooses Chelsea over United. Times have definitely changed. English clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool are not considered attractive enough for star players

Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 6:24 pm

So if Arsenal hadnt moved to the Emirates, they would be the sole overlords of English football? Shocked
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 29, 2012 6:32 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:So if Arsenal hadnt moved to the Emirates, they would be the sole overlords of English football? Shocked
You're missing the point.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Not necessarily. United would have pulled further away due to receiving a considerably higher income from having a staidum almost twice the size of Highbury. We might not have been laden with massive debts but the move to a new stadium was necessary, if not to increase our income to get on the same level as United, then to satisfy the ever-growing fanbase.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 pm

And in that time Arsenal took, Chelsea and City sprung up and now they arent even title contenders. What's the point of building a new stadium to maximise revenue when none of it is reinvested? Arsenal need to spend big for that model to succeed.

S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 pm

I wouldn't say spend big but spend wisely. Spending big wouldn't guarantee much except the club's accountants pulling out their hair...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 pm

It is reinvested. How else would we have purchased players since moving stadiums? It's all our own money. It wasn't given to us by a bank or rich owner.

You'll never see the true benefits of moving to a bigger stadium in the first six years you've been there. It was a decision made with a view to the long-term. The longer Arsenal stayed at Highbury, the further away the club would drift from it's rivals financially and, subesquently, competitively.

The fact that Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham are all trying to build bigger stadiums kind of vindicates our decision to do so.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 pm

So you sacrificed the short term for the long term? Then why not wait for a moment when Arsenal is not one of the dominant forces and has a great group of players? Why ruin that cycyle? Couldnt it be done when the team is at an ebb and not challenging for anything- or maybe they wanted to capitalise on the improved brand? I dont know.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 pm

We weren't exactly challenging for anything when we moved into the new stadium and were in the process of rebuilding a team. I don't think it would have mattered when the club moved stadiums, because they've been forced to sell-to-buy since the late-90's.

I don't think there can be a "right" time to move stadiums.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 11:04 pm

A 'right' time... hmm, perhaps when a team has already won many titles and the fans are satisfied, so to speak, and the cycle has ended and the team is full of young stars with a lot of potential. In that way, the team could remain competitive for many years without further much investment and peak at a time when more funds are available?

But anyway. Clearly, Chelsea's rise improved competitiveness in the league. I cant see how Arsenal fans would be appreciating that, though.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 12:58 am

From twitter:

Arsenal Live @ArsenalXI 50 minutes ago
"I'm an Arsenal fan but this made me laugh. CFC sign Hazard, United in for Kagawa. Arsenal are monitoring Chinese sensation Fu-kin Noh-wan!"

Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 30, 2012 1:20 am

S32TABLANCA wrote:A 'right' time... hmm, perhaps when a team has already won many titles and the fans are satisfied, so to speak, and the cycle has ended and the team is full of young stars with a lot of potential. In that way, the team could remain competitive for many years without further much investment and peak at a time when more funds are available?

But anyway. Clearly, Chelsea's rise improved competitiveness in the league. I cant see how Arsenal fans would be appreciating that, though.

Well, that is what we tried to do. We had Clichy, Senderos, Djourou, Eboue, Flamini, Fabregas, Walcott, Diaby, Bendtner, Reyes and van Persie when we moved stadiums. Then we signed a couple of new kids like Denilson, Traore and Song. Kept us relatively competitive, but ultimately didn't work out in the end.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 30, 2012 7:57 am

Okay, that's not another forum, but I found it funny to see these two articles next to each other:

Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 pm

rwo power wrote:Okay, that's not another forum, but I found it funny to see these two articles next to each other:

Spoiler:
Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Wed May 30, 2012 6:31 pm

I think of RAWK as the North Korea of the online football forum world.

Thousands of deluded, brainwashed individuals, living in squalor, who worship an insane and power crazed leader. Any attempts to stray from the party line leads to some form of banishment.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:
I think of RAWK as the North Korea of the online football forum world.

Thousands of deluded, brainwashed individuals, living in squalor, who worship an insane and power crazed leader. Any attempts to stray from the party line leads to some form of banishment.
Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Spurs fan:

Eden Hazard attacks from the west, Hulk from the east...
Who now has the power to stand against both Isengard and Morrrrdooorrrrr?
Chelsea needs only Luka Modric to cover all the world in a second darkness.
What can men do against such reckless spending?

Spurs fan 2

By my life or death, if I can protect you, I will.
You have my Bale.

Arsenal fan 1

We must form a... fellowship. You can have my Van Persie.

Arsenal fan 2

And my Ox!

Spurs fan 3

Such is the world when one London team rises to glory above all other London teams.
One Team to Rule them All,One Team to remind them,
That only One Team can buy them all
and as Champions League Victors enshrine them

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 30, 2012 11:47 pm

:bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 am

In the land of London where Podolski lies :bow:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 am

Sushi Master wrote:In the land of London where Podolski lies :bow:
Quotes from other forums that make you LOL - Page 9 Black-kid-dear-god-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-180
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 31, 2012 4:06 pm

From RAWK

Is it true Hazard tweeted he is joining League Cup champions ?

Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:39 am

glory-glory
there really is no justice in football ! cheat$ki really are a horrible club through and through , certainly since abramovic has been there.
most of the players are really dislikable : terry (everything), loiuse (cheat and dirty player), lampard to a certain degree, drogba with his diving/play acting , cole (everything), ivanovic punching people , mata greed, malouda & essien dirty players , and basically the whole team constantly moan at refs , the owner ( russian mafia ) the fans ( racist arrogant) .

constant doggy decisions and luck in games

lets be honest , if the russian hadnt brought cheat$ki we would of had alot more success , they would of been out of bussiness , we could of got some of the players they had , qualiified for champions league more often .

constant tapping up of modric affected the start of our season !

morinio was even supposed to be coming to spurs before abramovic popped up with his billions.

i hate cheat$ki even more than arsenal , at least they do things the right way ( well most of the time anyway )

it does make you feel like giving up with football , although that would be incredibly hard after following it for the last 35 years

with both city and cheat$ki both winning the major trophys this year though it does prove that any billionare can just walk in from no where and buy success at the highest level and that is a real shame for football

you only have to also look at the very top of football as well and see the like of blatter & platini to see it is corrupt from the top down ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next