rwo power
ImAbackBone
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VivaStPauli
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Greatest European XI of all times? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest European XI of all times?

Post by M99 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 pm

That is actually a great list. Good to see Dzajic there. Very, very underrated player. One of the best wingers in history. Didi and Dzajic are arguably the best CM and best LW of all time, but no one puts them up with Maradona, Pele, Di Stefano, Cruyff, Beckenbauer etc. It's a shame.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Greatest European XI of all times? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest European XI of all times?

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Yeah, I agree. They'd fit right at home in GL with the incredible knee jerk articles they make after some results.

Well, we are created from them, so its the other way really... Rolling Eyes
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Probably the few times i agree with carlo

That is a heck of a team.

Van basten getting some love :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Zealous wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Carlo only disregards achievements of the Bundesliga, he has long been fan of German NT and players.

I myself find the Cruyff to be more deserving of a spot over Zidane.

Also, a Van Baste, Muller front two would obliterate anything.

Would have appreciated if Carlo added a bench.

For all of Cruyff's talent he didn't really achieve much at the Euro's. In fact as far as International careers go Germany '74 was his only real great tournament.

As for the rest of the team it very good and hard to disagree with considering the criteria.

I would have liked to see Panenka for the lulz though. Also Amancio deserves a shout.

Here's the team

-----------------Zoff-----------------
------Kaiser----Sammer-----Maldini---
Van Moer-----Netzer--Zidane-- Dzajic
---------------Platini----------------
--------Van Basteb---Muller---------

I only later realized he was purely talking about the Euro's in which case I agree completely.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Could probably have done with a dane from the 1992 team, probably the biggest upset in the history of any NT tournament, but it is hard to single anyone out from that year, because everyone played as a team.
I agree with the few ones i have seen in this team in the Euros, Zidane, Maldini and Van Basten, but I don't have that much to compare with
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:26 am

Freeza wrote:Could probably have done with a dane from the 1992 team, probably the biggest upset in the history of any NT tournament, but it is hard to single anyone out from that year, because everyone played as a team.
I agree with the few ones i have seen in this team in the Euros, Zidane, Maldini and Van Basten, but I don't have that much to compare with

Greece 2004 is the biggest upset in the history of NT tournaments.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 am

The players below have been chosen based on their performances for their countries in the European Championship only.

nico @?
1:53 PM Nov 29, 2011

#bull** no maradona, pele, luis ronaldo, romario??

matt butt indonesia
11:48 PM Nov 29, 2011

messi should be in dzajic place and pele should be in zidane place

ahmed shams egypt
1:06 AM Nov 30, 2011

i wont say where is xavi or messi cuz i am barca's greatest fan ,, butwhere is cruyff ,schawmacher , carlos , di stefano , ............................. disappointing !

:brickwall:
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 am

highburied wrote:The players below have been chosen based on their performances for their countries in the European Championship only.

nico @?
1:53 PM Nov 29, 2011

#bull** no maradona, pele, luis ronaldo, romario??

matt butt indonesia
11:48 PM Nov 29, 2011

messi should be in dzajic place and pele should be in zidane place

ahmed shams egypt
1:06 AM Nov 30, 2011

i wont say where is xavi or messi cuz i am barca's greatest fan ,, butwhere is cruyff ,schawmacher , carlos , di stefano , ............................. disappointing !

:brickwall:

This is to good to be true.... :lol!:

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:11 am

Zealous wrote:
Freeza wrote:Could probably have done with a dane from the 1992 team, probably the biggest upset in the history of any NT tournament, but it is hard to single anyone out from that year, because everyone played as a team.

Greece 2004 is the biggest upset in the history of NT tournaments.

Well i wrote probably, but i still think it is our upset which is the biggest, the teams we had to face was imo better than the ones Greece had to face, we beat a France team, the defending champions from Holland and a Germany team that had been amazing the whole tournament. All this with a team without some of our biggest profiles, most noteable Michael Laudrup, and we weren't even qualified
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Crimson wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:
Crimson wrote:Gunter Netzer :bow:

Greatest European XI of all times? - Page 2 AF72ABC75C7CC7F118E59416A942C3

Hail to the mothereffing king, baby! :bow:

I absolutely love him as a player, I have a whole shelf of footage of his playing days Very Happy haha legend nuff said

Share the links man if you have uploaded it. Thumbs up
matches from his Euro exploits would be nice.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Netzer was a beast. I've only seen him in a hand full of games but man the guy was good.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2