Amar
Yeezus
milanese
The_ItalianFool
cyberman
36 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:52 am

Just that one move.

Once he gets it deep, he spin pivots well, hooks the player (illigal move) with the spin and goes up.

Obviously lacks alot of what Shaq had, as in other post moves, immense strength power and of course the vertical leap or agility.

But just that one pivot in deep post position using elbow to hook, he got that down very well.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:56 am

Dont confuse that move with the hook shot from the elbow, thats not what I meant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:56 am

He's got the immense strength and power on lock lol

He has soft hands and is actually a decent face up player.

How do you think he compared to someone like Bogut?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:58 am

ragbirjosh wrote:He's got the immense strength and power on lock lol

He has soft hands and is actually a decent face up player.

How do you think he compared to someone like Bogut?

Compared to Shaq, he dont have that sort of power nor strength. Shaq was by far the strongest player I ever seen.

He got great hands, good feet and good moves though.

Bogut? Hard one...both a little injury prone.

I think I like Bynums physicality better, Bogut is a better passer though. Coin toss really, but I prefer Bynum.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:59 am

Bynum by a mile imo. Then again I'm not a huge Bogut fan.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:02 am

Dont you think Bogut got just as good a post move as Bynum though? Rebounds very well, defends very well, better passer?

Start a team as said, I prefer Bynum though.

Last edited by The Franchise on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:03 am

TBF I only seen Bogut like 5 times a season, such little exposure can influence things.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:05 am

If I was the Lakers coach I would tell Bynum to NEVER face up nor take a jumper..ever.

He is too big, too strong to be doing that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:06 am

The lack of quality centers in the leauge is appaling.....

I wonder if Dwight would be a top 5 center in the leauge 10=12 years ago.

If you have a good center with good traditional skills in this leauge you have a huge advantage...
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:13 am

I think Dwight would be still. He isnt Shaq, Hakeem or even Robinson, Ewing..but I think he is at least as good as Mutombo and Zo.

Agree generally though. Not many want to bang, everyone wants to shoot jumpers.

Lawson back in, should look to push the tempo because he is their go guy imo.

Nuggets give teams trouble with their epic depth at this high altitude, but in the end when it comes down to best 5's they struggle. Lawson, Nene and Galo must carry the offence while Birdman/Mozgov and Affalo shut down Kobe and Bynum.

X factors are Al Harrington and Gasol. If Gasol can play well, Lakers win, if Harrington gets in the game and can defend Gasol while being the usual mismatch for him on the other end the Nuggets can win this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:18 am

Gasol on offence and Bynum of defence coming up big, Nuggets not getting anything inside and Harrington is checking in soon to try and change things.

Kobe with a jumper.

LA are nearing the penalty though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 am

As Good as Zo hmm

Gasol being agressive so far.....and Harrington not in the game.

If they pushi it everytime the'yll get decent shots they just have to make them.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:26 am

ragbirjosh wrote:As Good as Zo hmm

Gasol being agressive so far.....and Harrington not in the game.

If they pushi it everytime the'yll get decent shots they just have to make them.

I think so.

Dwight is actually a little bigger, both athletic but Dwight moreso. Zo has a jumper, but both about as good as each other on the block..which is okay..mechincal yet fairly functional.

Nuggets take the lead.

have to say it, Kobe is letting Lakers down. Rest of the team shooting 50% while he is like 3 for 20..his turnovers leading to fast breaks and his long jumpers and leading to fast breaks.

Nuggets only getting buckers in transition, throwing the ball away and long jumpers are what giving them a chance in this game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:27 am

Blake in for Fish...good call but too little too late.

Kobes long jumpers have killed this game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:40 am

Nuggets win,

Was going to be hard for L.A, back to back, 5 games in a week or something and now playing in high altiude vs Nuggets full of depth.

But they could of won this game, defended well, slowed the tempo, Gasol wasnt great but got 20 and 10 and better in the 2nd half, Bynum great on offence, double double, Metta off the bench scoring well and getting into the post, Blake a solid 14 points..they did more than enough to win, did all the right things tactically.

But Kobe going 4 for 30 or some crap killed them and worse he must of shot at least 20 jumpers and many of which lead to fast breaks which which the only real way they were going to score other than Lawson.

I am sure Kobe was as tired as anyone, probably the most tired and it looked it seeing as he barely drove and loads of his jumpers were short..should of gone in the post or be a playmaker...this loss is on him.

Anyway, over to the Clippers untill I fall asleep lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:42 am

When Kobe goes 4-20 odd and the lakers lose I shrug it off......

God luck falling asleep with all the dunks lol
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:45 am

ragbirjosh wrote:The lack of quality centers in the leauge is appaling.....

I wonder if Dwight would be a top 5 center in the leauge 10=12 years ago.

If you have a good center with good traditional skills in this leauge you have a huge advantage...

10-12 years ago... absolutely

16-20 years ago... probably not top 5. You had O'Neal, Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, Mourning

And I would take Zo over Dwight, all day. Dwight's more athletic, better rebounder. Zo was a better defender, had a jumper, great hook shot he could go to in the clutch. Dwight also has never went against the amount of elite centers that Mourning had to face. The best centers D12 has ever went against are Yao, Bynum, Chandler and a past his prime Shaq. Mourning: Robinson, Olajuwon, O'Neal, Ewing, Mutombo, Smits, Willis, Malone, Daugherty.

And I overstated Bynum compared to Bogut, he's not a mile better. But the Bynum I'm seeing lately is a beast.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:45 am

lol @ Flip Saunders getting ejected after less than 2 minutes

Greg Stiemsma has been a surprise defensively for the Celtics. I can't stand his mug but he can block shots.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:52 am

And I'm a C's fan but damn Tommy Heinsohn has to be the most homer announcer in the league. The Raptors announcers are bad too but he's the worst. Every challenged shot by the opposition is a foul. Every block by Boston is clean. Laughing Even I can't stand some of it. Just now Greg Stiemsma got his 2nd block and he goes "this kid has got the same timing as Bill Russell" AHA overreact much?

John Wall just yammed it on Stiemsma then stared him down. Tech foul. Nasty dunk though
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 am

Minny walking all over San Antonio

14 up with 9 to go.

Beasley playing BTW and not looking injured at all
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:16 am

Sota get the W.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 am

Ray Allen is beasting... Still very early but he's shooting 58% overall.. and 22/36 from 3PT for 61%. Just ridiculous. He's never started a season shooting this well.

btw heard Ginobli fractured his left wrist, sucks for the Spurs.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 pm

What's your take on Roy Hibbert and the Pacers overall?

I really like their starting 5

------------Collison------------
George------------------------
--------------------------------Granger
West-----------------------------
-------------Hibbert---------------

And they have good depth on the bench with

G. Hill
T. Hansbrough
L. Stephenson
L. Amundson
D. Jones

I think they need a backup big but that's a really talented team.

I like Paul George especially I think alot of contenders are gonna be after a guy like him to guard he amazing SF crp we have in the leauge right now.Kid is 6,10 maybe more as athletic as say and can be a lockdown defender . Also a pretty good spot up shooter.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm

I like Hibbert, but he is quite slow. Also, he either fouls too much from being over agressive or gets passive and doesnt use his size. With age he will probably strike a better balance.

Speaking of centers, saw the Bucks vs Nuggets. If dmize oversold the gap between Bogut and Bynum then I undersold it. A healthy version of this Bynum is much superior.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Nice to see T-Mac being relevant, hope he keeps it up. My favourite player pre injury.

I think he finally realises he wont ever be 32ppg TMac, but he seems to be playing a nice role in ATL.

Lakers vs my Rockets tonight, will be intresting.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Martin guarding Kobe :lucas:

Houston LA was an amazing first round series back in the day....Brooks and Scola gave us a run for our money.

You guys had 2 of the man defenders in the leauge back in the day Battier and Artest on the same team. Clubber

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next