Amar
Yeezus
milanese
The_ItalianFool
cyberman
36 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Martin guarding Kobe :lucas:

Houston LA was an amazing first round series back in the day....Brooks and Scola gave us a run for our money.

You guys had 2 of the man defenders in the leauge back in the day Battier and Artest on the same team. Clubber

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:29 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Martin guarding Kobe :lucas:

Houston LA was an amazing first round series back in the day....Brooks and Scola gave us a run for our money.

You guys had 2 of the man defenders in the leauge back in the day Battier and Artest on the same team. Clubber

If Kobe settles for 20 jumpers I could gaurd him.

I got a theory. His wrist hurts alot more then he is letting on, in fact as always with him, he is playing when 99% of the league would miss games. However, he doesnt want to let on he is hurt. So, he proves he is fine by shooting shots like he would any other time. If I was a Lakers fan and I believed this to be true, then I wouldnt be happy. He wants to prove he is still an offensive threat out there with his injury but jacking up long jumpers certaintly isnt the way.

Anyway, we will see what Kobe shows up. If he plays anything like he can then we have no chance really.

I see Lowry toasting the corpse of Fisher, Martin matching Kobe's point total but unfortuantely we dont have Chuck Hayes to own Gasol so Scola and Gasol will do battle and I can see Gasol winning it despite me much prefferring Scola. Bynum vs Sam Dalembert will be fun but I can see Bynum just being too big, too strong.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:38 pm

For the last couple of seasons Kobe's been playing injured through and through.

Did you see the two ankle sprains against Dallas on the same foot about a month apart?

I've gotten one of those and it takes 6 months to heal and even then it's not fully healed.

But he always tries to make it seem like he's fine....

I think he should rest...because I think we're a lock for the playoffs even without him but I mean that's never gonna happen.

Anyway...don't expect him to settle for jumpers coming off shooting night like that.I think he'll try to facilitate as much as possible.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Yeah, I think it's Kobe's wrist still, too. He got that crazy surgery in Germany where they centrifuge your blood and re-inject it, he was actually moving pretty well a few of the games I saw him early. Seemed like his ankle and knee were better(haven't watched him the last few days though). I hope that same surgery works for A-Rod.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:01 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:For the last couple of seasons Kobe's been playing injured through and through.

Did you see the two ankle sprains against Dallas on the same foot about a month apart?

I've gotten one of those and it takes 6 months to heal and even then it's not fully healed.

But he always tries to make it seem like he's fine....

I think he should rest...because I think we're a lock for the playoffs even without him but I mean that's never gonna happen.

Anyway...don't expect him to settle for jumpers coming off shooting night like that.I think he'll try to facilitate as much as possible.

Yep, that classic Kobe and I respect him so much for it. He wont rest, thats not him and I understand him. He physically can play, playing with it wont make the injury worse, so if he can handle the pain then go for it.

The only issue I have him settling for jumpers. He is a scorer at heart and everyone knows that, I expect him to score. But I think it makes alot more sense for him to work in the post before moving out the perimeter.

He is the smartest player in the league, he knows some teams will fall apart at the seems if he goes off for 20 a quarter, he knows some teams gear up to stop him and him putting that defence to shame will demoralise them, he knows which teams dont care how much he scores so he plays a more all around game, he knows all of that. But what I think he gets but still refuses to do is you going to score more effiecently in the post then shooting jumpers.

His confidence is his own worst enemy at times.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:10 am

The Rockets have given up more points in the paint than any other team and by a wide margin. They allowed an average of 54.5 in their first four games, 4.5 more than second-to-last Sacramento.

The Lakers’ average of 46.1 points in the paint is eighth in the NBA, but they rank third in terms of the percentage of scoring that comes inside. And four of their six games came without Bynum, with his return making the Lakers more of a force at the rim than when the season began without him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:17 am

Whatever the outcome of this game, the Hawks are trash. Going nowhere as a team.

20 point lead, they give it up. I can understand, back to back away to Chi after beating the Heat last night.

But what kind of team is this? All they do is shoot jumpers...literally, the entire game thats all they go. Curl off screen shoot jumper, next player pick and roll shot jumper, next curl off screen shoot jumpers.

Its ugly to watch and frankly stupid. Chi play excellent defence and do a great job of stopping penetration but this is outragously poor. Someone post up for the love of god...something.

71-68, 2 mins left.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 am

U mad Dani?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:54 am

At? lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:55 am

Kobe posting up early lol
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:57 am

Im glad lol

I love Kobe, when he plays at the post like this he is much better.

We suck defensively, I have no hopes for this team other than watching Scola bust your ass lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:00 am

Bynum out? Dalembert dunk on your head lol

Scola ballin
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 am

Kevin Martin smh, I cant stand him.

He weighs as much as a kitten, gets pushed all over the place, cant defend a traffic cone...if his jumper isnt falling he has no impact on the game. He will get to the line, but seemingly only if his jumper is falling too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:03 am

I've been pleasantly suprised by Blake this season...although I still think we need a starting PG...he seems to be a quality backup
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:04 am

Kevin Martin would be a great 6th man IMO
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:08 am

lol I thought that was a charge on Artest, oh well.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:10 am

I like Blake too, he would make a very nice back up point. He is playing much better out of the triangle, making shots, doing well.

We give up 31 in the quarter..great job smh

Once the Lakers find the defensive flow they have found in other games they will break this game open.

Hopefully Martin can get to the line, we gona need him the way this game is going.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:11 am

It was, but not for a minute did I think they were gona call it lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:16 am

Offensive rebounds and Laker turnovers giving us extra shots.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:16 am

The lakers commentator isn't funny.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 am

The Franchise wrote:It was, but not for a minute did I think they were gona call it lol

Yeah, and the LA announcers were pretty homerish about it, lol. "I'm glad they didn't call that flop." Thought Lowry? got there w/ plenty of time.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 am

Count yourself lucky.

Boston and Chi's commentary is premface level bias, maybe worse for Boston lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

The Franchise wrote:Count yourself lucky.

Boston and Chi's commentary is premface level bias, maybe worse for Boston lol

Yeah, made a post about Heinsohn in particular. If not for Gorman(extremely good imo, gives fair analysis of opposing players) Celtics broadcasts would be unbearable.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 am

I'm done with the commentary anyway...............Mark Jackson is gone.....NBA commentary has lost all hope
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:31 am

Bynum: Monster
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 am

ragbirjosh wrote:I'm done with the commentary anyway...............Mark Jackson is gone.....NBA commentary has lost all hope

I'm not sold yet on Mark Jackson as a coach. Watching him he seems to just yell out random motivational type statements and basic basketball instruction like "Get back", "push the ball", etc. Definitely not an X/O's guy but he maybe be successful as a motivator, just getting his guys to play hard.

But if it means we have to continue to hear Chris Mullin calling games then I hope Jackson is fired and back in the booth ASAP. Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next