Off Topic : Why Is Aguero Not Yet A Regular Starter For Argentina?

+6
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
shinigami99
sagnik92
messixaviesta
10 posters

Go down

Off Topic : Why Is Aguero Not Yet A Regular Starter For Argentina? Empty Off Topic : Why Is Aguero Not Yet A Regular Starter For Argentina?

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

We may have discussed this before but I would still like to take it up in detail in a separate thread.

Why is Sergio Aguero not yet a regular starter for Argentina?

See most of us agree that he is super-talented. We all know Argentina has a plethora of forwards. However what do those guys, some of whom are less talented than him, have over him that they get to start matches and he doesn't?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Why Is Aguero Not Yet A Regular Starter For Argentina? Empty Re: Off Topic : Why Is Aguero Not Yet A Regular Starter For Argentina?

Post by sagnik92 Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 pm

why would you choose him over tevez.i dont think a messi-tevez-aguero trio would work.

so basically any 2 of them can play.messi being one of them tevez has to be the other one.

aguero has to wait till the next WC.i doubt he would play over tevez in the copa.
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Why Is Aguero Not Yet A Regular Starter For Argentina? Empty Re: Off Topic : Why Is Aguero Not Yet A Regular Starter For Argentina?

Post by shinigami99 Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Apparently he is going to start.........so far this is how batista seems to be lining up
----------------Messi(Higuain)
----Aguero(Tevez)----------------Di Maria(Lavezzi)
-------Cambiasso(Pastore)---Banega (Biglia)
----------------Mascherano(Gago)
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Reasons?

- Tevez workrate is better, might one of the reasons aguero didn't play last WC!

- Di maria can defend..

- Aguero - Messi - Tevez seems sexy:P
but it won't happen... u need players like dimaria maybe who can track back & defend? maybe this could be a reason.. especially in big matches.. against brazil for example in copa..

Di Maria- Messi - Tevez/Aguero

maybe batista will use thisl ine-up!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:Reasons?

- Tevez workrate is better, might be one of the reasons aguero didn't play last WC!

- Di maria can defend..

- Aguero - Messi - Tevez seems sexy:P
but it won't happen... u need players like dimaria, who can track back & defend? maybe this could be a reason.. especially in big matches.. against brazil for example in copa..

Di Maria- Messi - Tevez/Aguero

maybe batista will use thisl ine-up!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm

JD I seem to remember that last year you didn't think Aguero should've made the WC list, what changed your mind so much?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm

I dont know why he hasnt started, a mix of his reputation plus other players being preferred I guess is the reason.

If it was me, I would find a way to start him. Or at the very least, the absolute first forward sub off the bench.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 pm

3 dribblers has a lack of the person that can tap the ball in (Higuain) and its been obvious through out the friendlies that Higuain has been injured for that Argentina needed him, but Aguero and the others that don't start make for the best super subs possible

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:35 pm

He is not a starter because of Messi. We play a 4-3-3 with one centre foward and two wingers. Messi is a better centre foward and Di maria and lavezzi play better as wingers.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:14 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:JD I seem to remember that last year you didn't think Aguero should've made the WC list, what changed your mind so much?

No alfred. I can't at all recall saying anything like that.

What I may have done is not put him in the starting lineup. That's because we were placing Messi at the right then in our favored system. So we were choosing Higuain as center forward. In the qualifiers Messi was playing in a 4-4-2 and once again he was understandably partnered with a center forward like Higuain. Then in the actual tournament Messi played as an AM behind two strikers. A center forward like Higuain made sense as did a runner and worker like Tevez to ease the burden on Messi. Now that Messi is playing as a false number 9, the situation has changed. We need two players alongside him on either side. The main options are Di Maria, Tevez, Aguero and Lavezzi. It really is so difficult to decide. Which two would you prefer?

Let's also not forget that in the group stage match against South Korea, Aguero came on as a second half substitute and both his performance and his chemistry with Messi were electric.

Also Aguero this season has been in much better form than last season. So this too needs to be considered.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:18 am

Lionel Messi wrote:3 dribblers has a lack of the person that can tap the ball in (Higuain) and its been obvious through out the friendlies that Higuain has been injured for that Argentina needed him, but Aguero and the others that don't start make for the best super subs possible

lm, with Messi playing as a false number 9, I am not sure if fitting Higuain into the starting lineup would be a good thing.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am

Guys, thanks for all your replies especially shini whose reply was very informative.

The choice for players alongside Messi in the forward line is a very interesting question. There are so many things to consider. Argentina is kind of trying to mimic the Barcelona system. Hence maybe we should also look at who can play best off the ball to do the Villa-Pedro kind of roles. However we cannot solely rely on that since the midfield is nowhere near the same standard. We need at least one more quality creator at the side of Messi.

I like this question so much that I will create a poll in a separate thread. There are five players under consideration and thus ten different combinations. Choose your favorite and preferably elaborate with comments. At the moment I will probably not even vote myself since I am really perplexed. After reading some of your comments I will probably be able to shape my opinions better and then vote later. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:36 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:3 dribblers has a lack of the person that can tap the ball in (Higuain) and its been obvious through out the friendlies that Higuain has been injured for that Argentina needed him, but Aguero and the others that don't start make for the best super subs possible

lm, with Messi playing as a false number 9, I am not sure if fitting Higuain into the starting lineup would be a good thing.
Yeah but in their friendlies they make so many tap ins that no one is there to finish it hurts Sad

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

I see JD, my bad. I would've double checked my statement but we can't access the old forums anymore Very Happy

Anyways I think there are a couple of factors. First is lack of stability. with the constant changing of managers they don;t have enough time to try out all the options. If you asked me today what the preferred forward line is I would not be able to answer you.

Then there is the issue of incredibly depth. Surely Aguero could start for almost any team in the world, but this is an issue with Argentina.

Lastly there is the fact that sometimes needs overcome individual talent. Di Maria might tbe the worst of the 5 forwards but he still brings in a different set of skillsets that might be considered more valuable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Because of coaches stupidity. he is the best attacker there just behind messi
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Argentina has a luxury that most countries dont, so much attacking fire power and not enough room for all of them.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Yeah but in their friendlies they make so many tap ins that no one is there to finish it hurts Sad

Fair point. I am not ruling out Higuain. We can consider him to play the kind of role David Villa plays for Barcelona.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I see JD, my bad. I would've double checked my statement but we can't access the old forums anymore Very Happy

Anyways I think there are a couple of factors. First is lack of stability. with the constant changing of managers they don;t have enough time to try out all the options. If you asked me today what the preferred forward line is I would not be able to answer you.

Then there is the issue of incredibly depth. Surely Aguero could start for almost any team in the world, but this is an issue with Argentina.

Lastly there is the fact that sometimes needs overcome individual talent. Di Maria might tbe the worst of the 5 forwards but he still brings in a different set of skillsets that might be considered more valuable.

Never mind alfred. Wonderful comments especially the point about us not having experimented with the different possible combinations to see which actually works out best in practice. It's really difficult to decide in theory is what everyone seems to be agreeing upon.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down