Champion's league goes off free TV in France

5 posters

Go down

Champion's league goes off free TV in France Empty Champion's league goes off free TV in France

Post by OLpower Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Huge loss for the competition.

Canal + (ligue 1 main TV) got the first rights to brodcasts. Al Jazeera group got the second choice.

TF1 , the main french channel gave up the competition after two years of poor ratings. The visibility of the competition will take a huge blow in France.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Champion's league goes off free TV in France Empty Re: Champion's league goes off free TV in France

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:21 pm

That might change when PSG go to the CL. I see what you mean though. Football more than ever needs to be a priority in France.

I'm happy with AL Jazeera getting rights though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Champion's league goes off free TV in France Empty Re: Champion's league goes off free TV in France

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Just when the Germans bagged CL rights on national TV O.o

I guess a lot of it has to do with Lyon just being happy to be in the Semi's in 2010, and not fighting for the final >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:41 pm

They don't even have a channel in France. I heard they are trying to buy some channel to have something to air, they are also trying to find an occidental name to not be rejected.

Seriously, people are not going to pay TWO channels to see football and PSG, which may have less supporters than Marseille in its own region won't change that.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:43 pm

Phritz wrote:Just when the Germans bagged CL rights on national TV O.o

I guess a lot of it has to do with Lyon just being happy to be in the Semi's in 2010, and not fighting for the final >.>

That has nothing to do with it, actually we had the best ratings at this time. But now ratings for OL and OM were equally bad, they were even worse for Lille.

They will probably be better in kncok out matchs if we draw prestigious opponents but they won't even be that good.

Only France matchs seems to interest a large amount of viewers.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:47 pm

OLpower wrote:Only France matchs seems to interest a large amount of viewers.
Well, in Germany, NT matches draw more than double the number of CL knockout matches, too. Actually, even the women's NT draws more viewers than CL matches here. (I looked up the data a while ago, if you insist I'd have to try and dig it out again XD)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Ah, that's annoying! I'd be pissed if we lost free to air CL in Ireland.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down