Lord Awesome
IAmManUnited
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Neymar lacks - Page 2 Empty Re: Neymar lacks

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 am

IAmManUnited wrote:
The Franchise wrote:20lb? Good lord...say goodbye to quickness and agility.

Who cares how strong the rest of the players are when they are 5 yards behind him still trying to figure out what happened?

Not really the case, look at at pato, i think his game is more complete now then ever, and okay 20 was stretching it

Pato hasnt gained anything near 20lb.

Plus, its still not like Pato is mowing people down and powering through people.

Its still his quickness and finishing which makes him the player he is.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:54 am

Di Maria is one of the best wingers in the world and he does not seem to have many problems lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 am

When you are rich,handsome and talented you dont need strengh :coffee:
:lucas:
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Weequm Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:32 am

neymar vs cr7 ? whos better !? Afro
Weequm
Weequm
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:40 am

He needs....

Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger Neymar lacks - Page 2 Burger
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 am

some of the best players in the world,if not the best,are "weak"
messi,di maria,benz,sneijder,nani,robben the list goes on

and that really isnt a problem since he never got injured in his life and normally plays 40-50 games per season
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 am

yall do know Pato was never injury proned prior to bulking up right...
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 am

Catracho wrote:yall do know Pato was never injury proned prior to bulking up right...

maybe he didnt work his legs enough to balance the additions to his upper half
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 am

he never needed to bulk up lol. He was perfectly fine the size he was before.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:08 am

realistically he all he needs to add 5-10 lbs. of muscle at a minimum. he's still young, his body will eventually develop more.

quit worrying about nerman. he will be great.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:09 am

He doesnt need to get really big, why would he sacrifice his agility?

Getting more strength in his tights to improve his balance his what he should look for
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:08 am

Ganso wrote:some of the best players in the world,if not the best,are "weak"
messi,di maria,benz,sneijder,nani,robben the list goes on

and that really isnt a problem since he never got injured in his life and normally plays 40-50 games per season

Aside from Di Maria, none of the players you listed are physically weaker than the average player. In fact, you listed mostly quite strong players. Messi, Nani, and Robben for example, are deceptively strong players. Neymar is an exciting player and I want to see him in Europe, but he probably won't be moving there for at least a year or so, right? 1 year is already enough time to gain some size, and he's still very young and his body isn't fully developed. I'm not saying he wouldn't succeed if he moved now with his current frame, but proper strength training can only up his game even more, imo.

I don't think putting on some size will hinder him, but rather improve him. In fact, I think he can be even more agile, more powerful in his runs, more explosive off the mark, and strong enough to hold the ball longer vs better defenders. It also depends on the training methods. Core strength is > pure upper body strength for footballers, which is why you need to train smart to bulk, and not just train like a bodybuilder or else you will become less effective.

Neymar should work with R9 because I think physically, R9 is one of, if not THE most physically perfect footballer in his prime. Neymar lacks - Page 2 Ron-275
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:13 am

This forum is so European biased it's incredible.

You do know the Brazilian league has rough and big defenders as well don't you and he has been playing non stop for a couple years now and hasn't been injured.

Brazilians are not small people and if you actually watched the league you would see it's no cakewalk there. In fact I would say it's way more physical then La Liga not to mention a lot of the Copa Libertadores games are flat out brutal.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:18 am

Agree with above poster. Neymar has experienced plenty of physical play and knows how to deal with it. He's lightning fast by the way.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am

I admit that I don't watch the Brazilian league, but i'm not deluded and I know it's a strong league with very good players, and that Europe isn't the only place with big and strong defenders. That isn't my point.

I am not saying that he needs to add some size because he's going to be injured in Europe and wouldn't be able to handle the defenders there, but that it would make him an even more complete player. I feel the same about Di Maria and Pastore, and I rate them both highly. They could both become even better if they worked to become physically stronger in certain areas.

Ronaldinho was a unstoppable player in his prime, and bulking up a bit helped his game in his peak years at Barca. I just don't think Neymar can become the best player in the world without becoming stronger than he is now.

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:44 am

Believe me, I see what your saying and I'm not a very big Neymar fan, but it just bothers me that people (not saying you) act like the South American leagues are a cakewalk.

In fact when the players from Europe came back for the Copa America it took them 2-3 games to adjust to the physicality of the South American game and not getting "the call" every time there touched because they have a big name.

The problem for Neymar is that it's almost impossible to gain good weight the way the football season is set up. With national team duties these guys have no offseason and there metabolism's are flying no to mention he's 19 so that makes it even faster.

With practice and games etc they would probably have to eat like 6 meals a day to gain weight and it's just not healthy.

Weight will come with age like it does to every athlete but you can see a lot of players when they get older and a little heavier they lose a little speed and exceleration and that quick twitch ability but make up for it with experience and more class.

It's an interesting topic, but we will never know as Neymar wont be gaining any weight for the next couple of years unless he gets injured. It's a trade off to lose a little speed for more stability. I mean when Messi did, the forum flipped out.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:39 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Believe me, I see what your saying and I'm not a very big Neymar fan, but it just bothers me that people (not saying you) act like the South American leagues are a cakewalk.

In fact when the players from Europe came back for the Copa America it took them 2-3 games to adjust to the physicality of the South American game and not getting "the call" every time there touched because they have a big name.

The problem for Neymar is that it's almost impossible to gain good weight the way the football season is set up. With national team duties these guys have no offseason and there metabolism's are flying no to mention he's 19 so that makes it even faster.

With practice and games etc they would probably have to eat like 6 meals a day to gain weight and it's just not healthy.

Weight will come with age like it does to every athlete but you can see a lot of players when they get older and a little heavier they lose a little speed and exceleration and that quick twitch ability but make up for it with experience and more class.

It's an interesting topic, but we will never know as Neymar wont be gaining any weight for the next couple of years unless he gets injured. It's a trade off to lose a little speed for more stability. I mean when Messi did, the forum flipped out.

This is a God Tier reply.. Are you Brazilian? lol

What he says is pretty much all true.. Neymar had to play Brasileirao games, Paulistao games, Copa Libertadores games, Copa America games, U-20 WCQ games, and Friendlies.. He hasn't had a break at all.. he pushed well over 70 games... not to mention he now has the CWC and then next season he will have more NT Friendlies, Copa Libertadores, Copa Brasil, Paulistao, Brasileirao, and Olympics.

Kid is already has some major mileage on him for being 19. So yes. it will almost be impossible for him to "bulk up" without just sitting there and eating. He also won't leave till 2014, so by the time he gets to Europe.. he will have nothing but his natural weight to work with.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:39 pm

dnmac4 wrote:This forum is so European biased it's incredible.

You do know the Brazilian league has rough and big defenders as well don't you and he has been playing non stop for a couple years now and hasn't been injured.

Brazilians are not small people and if you actually watched the league you would see it's no cakewalk there. In fact I would say it's way more physical then La Liga not to mention a lot of the Copa Libertadores games are flat out brutal.

I do believe it's a cakewalk.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Catracho wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Believe me, I see what your saying and I'm not a very big Neymar fan, but it just bothers me that people (not saying you) act like the South American leagues are a cakewalk.

What he says is pretty much all true.. Neymar had to play Brasileirao games, Paulistao games, Copa Libertadores games, Copa America games, U-20 WCQ games, and Friendlies.. He hasn't had a break at all.. he pushed well over 70 games... not to mention he now has the CWC and then next season he will have more NT Friendlies, Copa Libertadores, Copa Brasil, Paulistao, Brasileirao, and Olympics.

Kid is already has some major mileage on him for being 19. So yes. it will almost be impossible for him to "bulk up" without just sitting there and eating. He also won't leave till 2014, so by the time he gets to Europe.. he will have nothing but his natural weight to work with.

LOL, no I'm not Brazilian I actually am more of an Argentina fan but I watch and like the Brazilian league and am a huge Damiao fan. I actually caught lots of flak on here for saying he can walk into any league in Europe and score 20 goals a year.

It's just my opinion that people treat the South American leagues like there the minor leagues and some of them are but the Brazilian league is different and very competitive to the leagues in Europe. Plus the young talent in that league is incredible right now.

I think Neymar will be really good when he goes to Europe but I also think he gets a little too much credit as his Santos team last year was totally loaded with talent and it wasn't just him and Ganso.

Plus I wish more people on here would watch the Libertadores as it's a great tourney.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 pm

He can just become like this sort of player.

Neymar lacks - Page 2 ArjenRobben
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 pm

stunt wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:This forum is so European biased it's incredible.

I do believe it's a cakewalk.

obvious troll is obvious
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Catracho wrote:

LOL, no I'm not Brazilian I actually am more of an Argentina fan but I watch and like the Brazilian league and am a huge Damiao fan. I actually caught lots of flak on here for saying he can walk into any league in Europe and score 20 goals a year.

It's just my opinion that people treat the South American leagues like there the minor leagues and some of them are but the Brazilian league is different and very competitive to the leagues in Europe. Plus the young talent in that league is incredible right now.

I think Neymar will be really good when he goes to Europe but I also think he gets a little too much credit as his Santos team last year was totally loaded with talent and it wasn't just him and Ganso.

Plus I wish more people on here would watch the Libertadores as it's a great tourney.

ya, too many EuroCentric Futbol fans/trolls/bandwagoners here(Not all of them though). Yuropeeons forget Brazilian League was the best League in the world for more than 30 years.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Catracho wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Catracho wrote:

ya, too many EuroCentric Futbol fans/trolls/bandwagoners here(Not all of them though). Yuropeeons forget Brazilian League was the best League in the world for more than 30 years.

This. Even in the 80s they were the best. the Brazilian league is almost as physical as the prem and with far more gifted players. All the eplhas over them is money and evn that is changing with the investment into clubs. Neymar is on the salary that most topeuropean clubs can offer. If Pedro can be fine in a liga, so can Neymar.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2