Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo?

+21
Khaled
harhar11
white_star
the xcx
BiasedMilanFan3
billy_gr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
billionmillion
Magricos
jibers
Albiceleste
kiranr
ijomer
guest7
Lord Hades
michael1
Le Samourai
barca 2011
McAgger
Red Alert
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should... ?

Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo? - Page 3 Vote_lcap41%Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 16 ]
Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo? - Page 3 Vote_lcap59%Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 39

Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo?

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Ronaldo only broke the record of most goals scored in a competition ever.

But yeah, of course, you know, messing up one league match completely disqualifies you from winning the award.

Luckily Messi's performances this year have all been uniformly amazing. What a splendid Copa America he played.

Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Iniesta be in the Ballon D'Or podium instead of Ronaldo?

Post by billionmillion Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Its messi's achievements that disqualifies ronaldo from winning award not one league game. "ronaldo broke record" is the only thing that his fans can use in arguments to defend him :facepalm: if i post messi's achievements it will not fit into one page. But i'm saving my energy to reply these annoying madridista juventus fans
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Of course Messi will win the thing - he deserves it. This was about Iniesta. And a player with the personal achievements of CR, breaking goal scoring records merits a nomination.

I used the Messi example only to show how Messi - who clearly wins- also *bleep* up in some matches, but that doesn't disqualify him, now does it?

I am also not a Juventus fan. This is the moderators messing with me.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 pm

ynwa wrote:Should be there infront of Xavi imo.
^^This x 1000
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:Of course Messi will win the thing - he deserves it. This was about Iniesta. And a player with the personal achievements of CR, breaking goal scoring records merits a nomination.

I used the Messi example only to show how Messi - who clearly wins- also *bleep* up in some matches, but that doesn't disqualify him, now does it?

difference is that messi's achievements are more than his bleeps. and ronaldo's bleeps are more than his achievements. yesterday was not only bleep he is a bleep almost in every classico. also i dont take la liga record serious, because if he was so great scorer he would be CL top scorer once in last 4 seasons. big game flop suits him better
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 pm

billionmillion wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Of course Messi will win the thing - he deserves it. This was about Iniesta. And a player with the personal achievements of CR, breaking goal scoring records merits a nomination.

difference is that messi's achievements are more than his bleeps. and ronaldo's bleeps are more than his achievements. yesterday was not only bleep he is a bleep almost in every classico. also i dont take la liga record serious, because if he was so great scorer he would be CL top scorer once in last 4 seasons. big game flop suits him better

Whichever player it would have been, if you score more than 50 goals in a season, and are the topscorers of all times, you deserve to be in the top three of the Ballon D'Or. If this would have been RVP, Benzema, Gomez or whoever, no one would have disagreed, it is just that there is the whole CR vs. Messi debate. What has INIESTA done over CR to merit winning the award more based on individual performance? Yeah, he was one of the key players of Barca in achieving their success (in my opinion, much more so than Xavi), but he hasn't broken one of the most significant records there is.

Same as that Sneijder should have been nominated for the top three last year.

Clasico is also not be all end all in determining the success of a players season. Especially if you say la liga isn't important, why would you completely ignore Messi's NT performance then (NOT SAYING MESSI DOESNT DESERVE IT.)?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I think i was talking about messi. but anyway what ronaldo did for his team more than iniesta. his only success - breaking record helped his team to win any major title or not. i think ronaldo is there because of record otherwise iniesta should be there

about NT, i said it several times, they had bleeps whole year. but unlike ronaldo, messi's achievements are more than his bleeps. I dont want to argue 2-3 more pages with you. i dont use it because both players were bleep at NT. so how can we define winner? only using their club success
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 pm

billionmillion wrote:I think i was talking about messi. but anyway what ronaldo did for his team more than iniesta. his only success - breaking record helped his team to win any major title or not. i think ronaldo is there because of record otherwise iniesta should be there

about NT, i said it several times, they had bleeps whole year. but unlike ronaldo, messi's achievements are more than his bleeps. I dont want to argue 2-3 more pages with you. i dont use it because both players were bleep at NT. so how can we define winner? only using their club success

I agree with you - I was talking about Iniesta versus CR, not Messi versus CR.
Although I don't think NT should be completely discounted, nor do CR *bleep* ups weigh heavier than his accomplishments.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
billionmillion wrote:I think i was talking about messi. but anyway what ronaldo did for his team more than iniesta. his only success - breaking record helped his team to win any major title or not. i think ronaldo is there because of record otherwise iniesta should be there

I agree with you - I was talking about Iniesta versus CR, not Messi versus CR.
Although I don't think NT should be completely discounted, nor do CR *bleep* ups weigh heavier than his accomplishments.
Ok in details

Ronaldo's success
1 record in liga and a goal in Copa del rey Final
vs his bleeps
bleep in other 5 classicos, failed to win liga, failed to win CL, bleep in NT as his NT saved their ass in play off

Messi's success
2 records in CL (top scorer 3 times in a row and equaled most goals scored in one season in CL history)
2 goals in CL quarter final
2 goals in CL semi-final
1 goal in CL final
6 goals and 6 assists in El Classicos
won super-cup singel handedly (3 goals and 2 assists)
CL winner
La liga winner
Supercup winner

vs his bleeps
failed to win Copa America

now how can you compare their achievements and bleeps? :facepalm:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

Whichever player it would have been, if you score more than 50 goals in a season, and are the topscorers of all times, you deserve to be in the top three of the Ballon D'Or. If this would have been RVP, Benzema, Gomez or whoever, no one would have disagreed, it is just that there is the whole CR vs. Messi debate. What has INIESTA done over CR to merit winning the award more based on individual performance? Yeah, he was one of the key players of Barca in achieving their success (in my opinion, much more so than Xavi), but he hasn't broken one of the most significant records there is.

Same as that Sneijder should have been nominated for the top three last year.

Clasico is also not be all end all in determining the success of a players season. Especially if you say la liga isn't important, why would you completely ignore Messi's NT performance then (NOT SAYING MESSI DOESNT DESERVE IT.)?

Well, you argue that the only thing that Cristiano Ronaldo has over Iniesta is scoring goals...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:48 pm

All this talk about Cristiano's record is ridiculous. Yes, he scored a ton of goals, but his strongest goalscoring form happened after the gap widened enough that they had virtually lost the league already...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm

before la liga finished, still 4 games remaining
Messi is top-scorer with 31 goals and ronaldo is second with 28 goals.

after la liga finished, barcelona won liga and messi sat on the bench.
and suddenly after 4 matches ronaldo has 40 goals :facepalm:
scoring 12 goals in 4 games only possible in matches that nobody cares about result. great story of the record smoking
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Ballon Dor should be named to Culeon DOR. Quite ridicilous to think that scoring 50+ goals and giving dozens of assists is less contribution for the team than a midfielder, who just had an good season.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:11 pm

The xcx wrote:Ballon Dor should be named to Culeon DOR. Quite ridicilous to think that scoring 50+ goals and giving dozens of assists is less contribution for the team than a midfielder, who just had an good season.

in 2010 Messi scored 47 goals and 11 assists in 53 games and was the top scorer in both La Liga and CL, yet the majority of this forum said he does'nt deserve top 3 because he supposedly didnt show up in the big games.....

Now your saying Ronaldo deserves to be there for the exact reasons you all said Messi should'nt be :lol!:

The Hypocrisy is glorious.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:Ronaldo only broke the record of most goals scored in a competition ever.

But yeah, of course, you know, messing up one league match completely disqualifies you from winning the award.

Luckily Messi's performances this year have all been uniformly amazing. What a splendid Copa America he played.
Messi actually had a good Copa America, individually. He was the best playmaker there, which was his role for Argentina.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

That's like saying that zidane never had an amazing season because he didn't score 50+ goals nor had 15+ assist(zidane average a very low number of assist per season) or like saying that Henry >>>> Zidane because scored lots of goals.. :facepalm:

I don't understand the logic behind comparing a midfielders goalscoring record with a forward.

Iniesta last season did not have just a good season had a much much better season than you give him credit for...

Last edited by harhar11 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The xcx wrote:Ballon Dor should be named to Culeon DOR. Quite ridicilous to think that scoring 50+ goals and giving dozens of assists is less contribution for the team than a midfielder, who just had an good season.

in 2010 Messi scored 47 goals and 11 assists in 53 games and was the top scorer in both La Liga and CL, yet the majority of this forum said he does'nt deserve top 3 because he supposedly didnt show up in the big games.....

Now your saying Ronaldo deserves to be there for the exact reasons you all said Messi should'nt be :lol!:

This was never about Messi v Ronaldo. More like CR7 v Midgetista. The majority of the forum?..Please I wasnt even part of that.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

:lol!: :lol!: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Iniesta was great in all big matches last season..
its not just about the Clasico, he was great in QF vs Arsenal creating 2 goals vs arsenal... In CL Final vs manutd did great too (same as 09 final) .. he's a big match player.. u can clearly see his absence in 09/10 especially in CL..

yeah The days of Barca are over. :coffee:

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 pm

harhar11 wrote:That's like saying that zidane never had an amazing season because he didn't score 50+ goals nor had 15+ assist(zidane average a very low number of assist per season) or like saying that Henry >>>> Zidane because scored lots of goals.. :facepalm:

I don't understand the logic behind comparing a midfielders goalscoring record with a forward.

Iniesta last season did not have just a good season had a much much better season than you give him credit for...
Zidane v Henry? Very shit comparison mate. Tell me a player who did score 50+ goals for the club back then. Zidane was class back then tho, he deserves every award there is.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:22 pm

The xcx wrote:
Zidane v Henry? Very shit comparison mate. Tell me a player who did score 50+ goals for the club back then. Zidane was class back then tho, he deserves every award there is.

How is it a shit comparison? Henry was a class player who used to get more than 30 goal and a high assist tally per season but even then zidane was a better player than him, even though Henry got more goals AND ASSIST than zidane..

Dont belive me?

Espn Thierry Henry stat
Espn Zidane Stat

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Sigh.......this thread is so :facepalm:

What do you want to hear? that Iniesta had a better season than Ronaldo last season?

Well by that logic

Sneijder had 15x the season Messi had 2 years ago( seriously the math is there)

So what's the point of this thread.

I guess it's to say that Messi should not have been nominated for Balon D' or last year because he had a bad game against Inter Millan.

In case I'm getting this wrong and it wasn't Messi's 40 odd goals and 20 odd assists that merited him winning last year........please share with me exactly what about his season other than that merited him beating out Sniejder.

Adelandte con tu genio cuento

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:30 pm

harhar11 wrote:
The xcx wrote:

How is it a shit comparison? Henry was a class player who used to get more than 30 goal and a high assist tally per season but even then zidane was a better player than him, even though Henry got more goals AND ASSIST than zidane..

Dont belive me?

Espn Thierry Henry stat
Espn Zidane Stat
Theres some misunderstanding here, supposedly from your part. Far as I know last time when Zidane was In ballon dor top 3. was the year 2000? (Could be wrong) By that time Henry contributed for arsenal 22 goals and some assists. Its decent amount, but is it enough to be better than Zizou who was a prime back then? But clearly we are talking about high goal scoring player here. Which is CR7 here.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Of course Iniesta was a great player, I EVEN SAID INIESTA DESERVED IT MORE THAN XAVI, I am just saying that CR deserves it for breaking the ultimate record an attacking player can break.

If this would have been any other player but CR no one would have trouble with him being nominated.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm

The xcx wrote:
Theres some misunderstanding here, supposedly from your part. Far as I know last time when Zidane was In ballon dor top 3. was the year 2000? (Could be wrong) By that time Henry contributed for arsenal 22 goals and some assists. Its decent amount, but is it enough to be better than Zizou who was a prime back then? But clearly we are talking about high goal scoring player here. Which is CR7 here.

I am not talking about that. I am talking about that thierry henry in his prime would get more goals and assist than a prime zidane but no one in their right mind would take a prime henry over a prime zidane. And what I know ballon d'or is not about goals, its about performances. Sometimes you can score a goal while you have played like shit, like fabregas against real madrid for example.

My point is that what should be the criteria when choosing the winner for ballon d'or is their performances and NOT how many goals they scored. And imo Iniestas performances last season was atleast just as good as Cristiano Ronaldo..

And my comparison is not weird at all. I compared a high goal scoring player, Thierry Henry, with a low scoring/assist midfielder, Zidane, like you did but with different players(CR7 instead of Henry and Iniesta instead of Zidane) to show you that the one who has better stat doesn't always mean that he is the better player..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3