3 clubs barcelona would struggle against.

+41
Lord Hades
pasquale22
chaval
arabprince
KMD
The Messiah
CBarca
michael1
Albiceleste
kiranr
leemhuis
beatrixasdfghjk.
Artemis
RedOranje
harhar11
juventus101
Khaled
Deathrow898
:{Mr.Mustachio!
braylann
justdoit_
Giggslegend
johniet
Be/\/ceCALI
Nishankly
Le Samourai
Sushi Master
Superpeppe
REWB
The Franchise
jibers
Tomwin Lannister
Swanhends
zizzle
Raptorgunner
DeviAngel
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
RealGunner
Harmonica
che
the xcx
45 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

3 clubs barcelona would struggle against. - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 clubs barcelona would struggle against.

Post by Deathrow898 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:07

^Well we can only know if they play each other and I dont really count the cup earlier in the season.(bayern)

I also think that juve and liverpool could cause problems to.....

@khaled Yes also Getafe because of the way they keep the ball

Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

3 clubs barcelona would struggle against. - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 clubs barcelona would struggle against.

Post by REWB Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:08

The Franchise wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
The Franchise wrote:99% team defends deep against us..we dont really struggle.

Stoke would get 3 red cards in the game and I somehow doubt if Stoke cant stop the PL top teams getting through they wouldnt stop us.

lol stoke wouldn't get 3 red cards, you can score against them thats for sure, but it would not be a cricket score, when they put their minds to it they can defend very well, the question is can barca handle stoke's long throw, from what i have seen from even normal set piece...no, they wont have chance against a delap throw. its something that the barca players have NEVER been up against. it will be difficult for barca at brittania stadium as the pitch is small aswell

LOL Your serious arent you.

Stoke wouldnt even get enough throw ins that high up the pitch to get a goal from it.

They lost 5-0 to Bolton, 4-0 to Sunderland and im supposed to believe they would beat us lol

those were one off games after European ties and against those team stoke didnt sit deep of course, plus they would be playing barca they would play 10x harder. how would barca stop stoke from having a few throw ins? thats IMPOSSIBLE remember you are not playing at comp nou, it only takes ONE kick from the goal keeper and a few miner deflections to get a throwin in a good position, sorry dude but delap's throw will be at full force however well you keep the ball. Laughing

Last edited by RedEyesWhiteBeard on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:10; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:09

And Liverpool and Arsenal? The excuse for those loses?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:13

RealGunner wrote:only team to beat barca last season in Europe :coffee:

You defeated us once but that doesn't mean that we would struggle against you. And also wasn't that the first time that Arsenal defeated us ever? If it was, then that shows that we don't struggle against arsenal..

---

Wow people actually belive in that stoke bs? better teams have used the tactics that you guys are talking about against us and ended up losing against us Rolling Eyes

Last edited by harhar11 on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:17; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:15

I wouldn't be suprised to see Stoke beat Barca.......but I think it would have to be a 90 minute match with a pretty lenient ref.

They would also have to be a bit lucky ie no moments of Messi magic, or any magic whatsoever.

I could see them shutting down Barca's passing game for an extended period and scoring a goal.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:20

Rubin Kazan also has Barcas number.

But yea, I cant wait to see Barca-Bayern. Its my prediction for the final. Theyre the two best teams in the world and it would be great, but honestly I think a full health Bayern team is noticeably stronger than Barca.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:21

Barcelona would walk through the current Liverpool side. This is not meant to be a criticism of Liverpool currently, it's simply down to the styles of play and the fact that Barca are a damn good team.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:23

RedOranje wrote:Barcelona would walk through the current Liverpool side. This is not meant to be a criticism of Liverpool currently, it's simply down to the styles of play and the fact that Barca are a damn good team.

Not on a magical European night at Ainfield :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 13 Dec 2011, 22:57

ragbirjosh wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Barcelona would walk through the current Liverpool side. This is not meant to be a criticism of Liverpool currently, it's simply down to the styles of play and the fact that Barca are a damn good team.

Not on a magical European night at Ainfield 3 clubs barcelona would struggle against. - Page 3 2859867778
Even then. We're no longer set up to react and negate as we did so effectively under Rafa. We are now a side that tries to out-pass opponents, especially at Anfield. Barca are simply better at it.

08/09 Liverpool, on the other hand...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Tue 13 Dec 2011, 23:59

Barca fans are butt hurt about losing to arsenal in one match, but still going through?

Dear lord... it's comedy gold.

To the man arguing that the gunners won, but did not beat barca... LOL

The only team that should be pissed off about that matchup is arsenal. RVP's red was an absolute joke. If you argue otherwise then you are an absolute joke as well.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed 14 Dec 2011, 00:59

So now there's a difference between winning against and beating?
scratch.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 01:00

Do you ever get tired of belittling us ? I mean, it's good to play the role of underdogs all the time, but you are taking the piss at times. Without Gerrard, we've been creating most goal attempts in the league after City and have the best defense in the league. Not to mention we are the ultimate big game team performers.

I think we can give Barca a game with Lucas and Gerrard fit....it doesn't mean we'll win the game or anything, but it'll be a great spectacle, especially @ Anfield.

knowing us, I'd suppose we are more likely to struggle against Levante banana

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed 14 Dec 2011, 01:06

Barcelona already struggle against us. We draw at Camp Nou and they win by ref mistake on penalty (and accidental goal by Van Bommel).
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed 14 Dec 2011, 01:14

Barcelona would struggle against all the top clubs. They are not that awesome to have lop-sided results all the time. It all depends on tactics.

Arsene did well against Barcelona. Mourinho with Inter. With Madrid in the last season. Not this season. Bayern with Juppo could actually beat Barcelona.

Mancini with City will not do well. Ferguson could have done well, but he chose the wrong tactics all the time. If the King gets his tactics right, then Liverpool can get a good result.

As i said, it all depends on the manager and what he wants to do!

Last edited by kiranr on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 01:23; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 14 Dec 2011, 01:20

Artemis wrote:Barca fans are butt hurt about losing to arsenal in one match, but still going through?

Dear lord... it's comedy gold.

To the man arguing that the gunners won, but did not beat barca... LOL

The only team that should be pissed off about that matchup is arsenal. RVP's red was an absolute joke. If you argue otherwise then you are an absolute joke as well.
:facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 14 Dec 2011, 02:05

Sepi wrote:

Do you ever get tired of belittling us ? I mean, it's good to play the role of underdogs all the time, but you are taking the piss at times. Without Gerrard, we've been creating most goal attempts in the league after City and have the best defense in the league. Not to mention we are the ultimate big game team performers.

I think we can give Barca a game with Lucas and Gerrard fit....it doesn't mean we'll win the game or anything, but it'll be a great spectacle, especially @ Anfield.

knowing us, I'd suppose we are more likely to struggle against Levante 3 clubs barcelona would struggle against. - Page 3 4086640091
It's nothing to do with belittling or bigging up Liverpool and you know it. Why you resort to fallacious arguments so often I have no idea, but it really is poor form.

As explained in the post, it's down to styles of play. We are current not set up, in formation, personnel, mentality, or style, to beat Barca. We create chances because we tend to hold possession. We would not have that advantage against Barca. Our profligacy would mean that we would likely waste what chances we did create. Barca would dominate possession (Lucas and Gerrard would be outnumbered by Barca's midfielders and attackers, and Adam has neither the stamina nor the work ethic to effectively help stifle their passing) while our attackers were left isolated as the midfield dropped deep to try to handle Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, et al.

Under Rafa, when we tended to use the 4-2-3-1 combined with quick, direct, incisive passing and throughballs, especially in 08/09 at our peak, I'd have an entirely different opinion. But Kenny's is a very different side, with a very different approach; and it's one that, IMO is not an effective means to beat Barca unless you have players of comparable ability... which we LARGELY (READ: NOT ENTIRELY) do not have.

Now get off your damn super-fan kick, Mr. "that's our top 4 ambitions over."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 02:19

Sepi wrote:

knowing us, I'd suppose we are more likely to struggle against Levante banana

you forgot to mention the mighty andy carroll Smile
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 14 Dec 2011, 03:35

Meh.

Stoke and any side with Modric.

In theory I do believe Spurs could score on Barca...but they simply don't have the defense to keep Barca out so....yeahh..
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed 14 Dec 2011, 03:43

Bayern Munich will humble Barca with their starting eleven, excluding Badstuber
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 14 Dec 2011, 04:12

Oooohhh I forgot about Bayern.

Yeah they could do it!

Real Madrid too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Wed 14 Dec 2011, 04:38

why are barca fans so protective? This thread alone states that barca is the best team in the world! Chill out and let others have a moment of joy!
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed 14 Dec 2011, 05:06

Why is everyone so confident? Especially Bayern fans. Barca are the best team on the planet and if they struggle against a team, it is because it is an off day. Case in point Milan in September and Madrid in December.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Wed 14 Dec 2011, 05:14

We got Barcas number :coffee:

always have with Emery
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 06:03

LOL stoke. I would have...

-Juve

-Juve

-Juve

Buffon, Lich ( who could just about play for any team) , Marchisio/Vidal/Pirlo midfield. The immaculate Barzagli in defense who's probably Italy's best defender. Chiellini who's developing steadily at LB ... We'd give them a good runout

We are the only remaining unbeaten team in Europe. Yes we arnt in UCL but serie a is arguably the most competitive league In the world
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed 14 Dec 2011, 06:45

pasquale22 wrote:LOL stoke. I would have...

-Juve

-Juve

-Juve

Buffon, Lich ( who could just about play for any team) , Marchisio/Vidal/Pirlo midfield. The immaculate Barzagli in defense who's probably Italy's best defender. Chiellini who's developing steadily at LB ... We'd give them a good runout

We are the only remaining unbeaten team in Europe. Yes we arnt in UCL but serie a is arguably the most competitive league In the world

i league (indian league) >> serie a in terms of competition.. it still sucks though
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Capitano Wed 14 Dec 2011, 06:48

Actually

Real Madrid
Valencia
Bayern Munich
Il Capitano
Il Capitano
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next