El Chelsea Fuerte
BarrileteCosmico
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Barca-nization of Serie A - Page 2 Empty Re: The Barca-nization of Serie A

Post by harhar11 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:26 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
harhar11 wrote:I remember when the forum started bitching about how arrogant Xavi was when he said that Barca were the reference in world football even though Inter won the CL, but reading this thread it looks like he was right! Laughing

lenear1030 wrote:Everyone wants to be like Barca, but people need to want to be better than Barca.

What you just quoted just confirms that what I said Suspect

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Juventus will never play like Barca...they will play as Juventus.
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Everyone is trying to copy this current Barca, but how epic would it be if everyone tried to copy the Deco Ronnie days of Barca. Stoke doing back heels and 1 touch flicks :lol!:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 pm

harhar11 wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
harhar11 wrote:I remember when the forum started bitching about how arrogant Xavi was when he said that Barca were the reference in world football even though Inter won the CL, but reading this thread it looks like he was right! Laughing

lenear1030 wrote:Everyone wants to be like Barca, but people need to want to be better than Barca.

You don't need to be like Barca to be better than Barca Rolling Eyes

Tiki Taka is not the perfect system.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm

IMO barcelona's system looks so good only because of their players and la masia (and Guardiola as well) , without them it'd be mediocre ( Roma :coffee:)
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Playing possession football and hiring Bielsa is Imitating barca?

News to me.

Again its not Barca's system...there is a club called Ajax.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Adit wrote:Playing possession football and hiring Bielsa is Imitating barca?

News to me.

Actually, there is a man named Rinus....
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Adit wrote:Playing possession football and hiring Bielsa is Imitating barca?

News to me.

Barca's system is not like Ajax's system because Ajax actually stuck to their system through games rather than bitch halfway through when they realise their going downhill...its not fair to Ajax that u compare them...

and for the OP teams like Milan, Juve(to an extent) and Roma have always been possession oriented teams.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:57 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

You don't need to be like Barca to be better than Barca Rolling Eyes

Tiki Taka is not the perfect system.

Where did I say that you need to be like barca to be better than barca? Suspect
All I said was that barca is the reference in world football and hence they want to copy them... :facepalm:

Maybe I should say that barca is the role model or something for you to understand?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Its not really about copying Barca, I dont think anyone is doing that.

I think smart people use them as a reference and notice that alot of the things being done are good and want to implement them.

Its not about copying, its about taking things you think work well and can translate to your situation.

Nothing wrong with that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:15 pm

As a matter of fact, I'm glad that Jogi Löw sets up an own system for Germany, not that of Spain/Barca. Whether it is finally successful against Spain - we'll have to wait and see. IMO just copying a successful style can't work - you need to have the appropriate players for it.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its not really about copying Barca, I dont think anyone is doing that.

I think smart people use them as a reference and notice that alot of the things being done are good and want to implement them.

Its not about copying, its about taking things you think work well and can translate to your situation.

Nothing wrong with that.

I agree......that's the Darwinism of football..................serving as a reference and copying are two completely different things.

If you think about football as an art like I do........you have influences..........so you take apart this current Barca team.........you can see.....the influence of Michels,Sachhi,Cruyff etc.In 20 years another team will be built from this process and perhaps list Guardiola as their influence.

That's how football has progressed.

Now Barcelona's style may seem the most appealing right now......to the young budding artists of world football......but in future years a more direct mix between Counter attacking and Passing.....ie quick and slow tempo may become more desirable based on the future success of teams which employ them.

I look at anyone who's looking to copy something as a hack and a failure..........even if they succeed......you should always be looking to improve on it.I think we've talked about this already in discussions about the Spanish National team....and how they have the players and the oppurtunity to add anew dimesnsion to the play instead of simply relying on a template from Barcelona..just for eg.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Conte said juve could learn from barca. He never said he wanted to play like them. I guess we press more off the ball like barca now.

Only club from serie A I know is hell-bent on playing like Barca is Roma for obvious reasons. Only in some aspects though.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:36 pm

TomJuve wrote:Conte said juve could learn from barca. He never said he wanted to play like them. I guess we press more off the ball like barca now.

Only club from serie A I know is hell-bent on playing like Barca is Roma for obvious reasons. Only in some aspects though.

We are not "hell-bent" on playing like Barca.

Not one person in our hierarchy has said that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:16 pm

steve_smith wrote:The playing style is effective, but it's attractiveness is over-rated imo.

The effectiveness of their style may be over-rated too considering that they have the best players (aside from maybe Madrid).

:bow:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:45 pm

McLewis wrote:
TomJuve wrote:Conte said juve could learn from barca. He never said he wanted to play like them. I guess we press more off the ball like barca now.

In some aspects.

It's obvious Enrique is determined to make Roma very similar to Barca. After all, your coach stated he wanted to play similar to Barcelona. You even Loaned Bojan.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:58 pm

TomJuve wrote:
McLewis wrote:

In some aspects.

It's obvious Enrique is determined to make Roma very similar to Barca. After all, your coach stated he wanted to play similar to Barcelona. You even Loaned Bojan.

And?

Still doesn't constitute us being "hell bent".

We're using Barca as a reference point. It's only natural that LE wants to go that route considering his ties to the club. We would not have gotten Bojan otherwise so I'll concede that point.

However....this does not mean that we intend to replicate ourselves as an Italian version of Barca. That's simply not going to happen. We will play as Roma with a bit of inspiration from Barca, but we will NOT be a carbon copy of them as that's virtually impossible.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:02 pm

from what i've seen roma isnt playing a 4-3-3 nor a false 9

they have been playing a 4-3-1-2 with pjanic as a 10
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:14 pm

McLewis wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
McLewis wrote:

In some aspects.

And?

We're using Barca as a reference point. It's only natural that LE wants to go that route considering his ties to the club. We would not have gotten Bojan otherwise so I'll concede that point.

However....this does not mean that we intend to replicate ourselves as an Italian version of Barca. That's simply not going to happen. We will play as Roma with a bit of inspiration from Barca, but we will NOT be a carbon copy of them as that's virtually impossible.

I didn't mean they are trying to become a direct copy. But in certain areas LE wants to copy Barca, not in every aspect though. LE said he wanted that type of fluent passing football and said quite alot about being similar to barca in his press conferences.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:47 pm

TomJuve wrote:
McLewis wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
McLewis wrote:

In some aspects.

And?

I didn't mean they are trying to become a direct copy. But in certain areas LE wants to copy Barca, not in every aspect though. LE said he wanted that type of fluent passing football and said quite alot about being similar to barca in his press conferences.

Well yeah. As I said, his ties to Barca as both a player and a coach dictate what style of play he's attempting to implement with Roma. I have no problem with that.

It's the notion that he's somehow going to transform us into another Barca. It's simply not possible. He would need at least a decade to even scratch the surface and we all know that that will never happen.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Attractive playing style using posession football is now 'like Barca'?

Anyway, given their success, you would pretty much expect everyone (excluding other Spanish teams) to try and aspire to be a bit more like them, but IMO its all greatly exagerated.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:56 pm

jibers wrote:
english_jewel wrote:Some top Premier League teams are also trying to modernize themselves, good example being Chelsea.

Modernise themselves? What? The foundation of barcelonas principles have been around for over 20 years. Tactically they aren't really doing anthing that revolutionary tbh. Explain this modern term, I'm curious.

Well if you want to stick to hoof-the-ball, then please continue to do so.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2