The Franchise
Khaled
BarrileteCosmico
alexjanosik
Il Capitano
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How Close Are Real Madrid To You? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Close Are Real Madrid To You?

Post by the xcx Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 pm

free_cat wrote:
CBarca wrote:Remember in LotR: The Return of the King, when Aragorn gets off the boat near the end, and has all those ghosts with him, and then they just pummel the hell out of the orcs? Barca are the ghosts.

I would say if I'm kidding or not, but I want to leave it up to ones imagination. Now you wanna go watch LotR? I knew it. Good choice. Go do it.

I like your analogy. Madrid is clearly Mordor: Saurfloren, SaruMou, the Orcs (Di Maria, Ozil,), the ogres (Pepe) and the nazgul (CR).

While we, instead of the ghosts, are the Hobbits and the humans, we are the good guys.

The battle for the middle earth cup is about to start: There might be a day our shin pads will shatter, but today is not this day! There might be a day our shirts we'll lose their blaugrana colours, but today is not this day! There might be a day when the last of the Culés dyes, but today is not this day!!!! Death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats yo smokin brah? smoking

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

How Close Are Real Madrid To You? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Close Are Real Madrid To You?

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
_LMG_10_ wrote:Hypothetically if you were to take over Madrid with their current squad, and you could instill any player in the world as their key playmaker (except barca players), who would you have? We'll assume you're kicking out CR7 lol. Or you can pick who to replace.
The goal is to defeat barcelona.

No idea. Ozil has all the tools for the job, but he doesnt see enough of the ball in good areas because the midfield behind him and wingers to the side of him are pegged back.

The way Pep played last time out, he forced the wingers so deep and the 2 midfielders so deep, Ozil was so far away from anyone other than Benzema and had to have his back to goal. There was literally nothing he could do.

The problem is further back. They dont have the players with defensive skill to stop us in the midfield when they play a double pivot, so they leak chances. Only time they can slow the flow there is by playing 3 defensive players (Alonso, Khedira and Pepe last season) but then in turn they have no real connection from there to midfield so the attack suffers.

I completly agree 100%. I've been noticing it myself and I can't imagine how hard it must be for Özil to even be slightly creative with 0 support.

I'd also like to add that Alonso averaged a 77% pass ratio vs. Barca. That's utterly garbage by his standards so imagine Özil being the ONLY creative force with no wingers and literally no midfielders to support him. The only guy left is Benzema who is also stuck deep to create.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Exactly. The reason for Alonso's decreased passing is also obvious. He dont get no time on the ball at all, he is forced to play faster then he wants. He also isnt a great dribbler so he cant dribble his way out of pressure and again, is forced into rushed passes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:Who is to say Madrid wont run out of gas?

We plan to peak at certain moments in the season, which is why there are occassions where we arent at our very best but surprise surprise we come back to 100% at the crucial moments.

Its been talked about before, the unique physical preperation we do and how we peak at the right moments.

Whats to say Madrid arent the 15 year old who is about to score for the first time but in the end, will blow his load early lol

Unlikely indeed and not as dramatic, but I believe we have been through this before and are champions and carry that with us at all times. We never get rattled and we physically peak at the right times.

Lets see what Madrid will do, lets see if they last the full course and lets see how they handle the pressure of having to win games. Right now its rosey, but how about 5 games left to go, 1-0 down and the opponant is parking the bus. I believe in us in those situation, because we been there and done it, Madrid have not so they will have to prove themselves capable.

First off you're dealing in hypothetical situations. And while we could very well drop points there is no saying you won't either.

What it comes down to I think is how well both teams have progressed since last season. Games like Mallorca last week would have been a game where Madrid would have dropped points last season. This season they managed a to dig deep and win. Madrid's winning streaks have also improved as well. Different players score more goals and it just feels like Madrid have more solutions than they did last year.

By contrast Barca almost seem to have stagnated mostly due to all the draws away from home. The goal burden on Messi seems to have increased as well, although it seems like Sanchez and Fabregas can help a lot in that area but we'll have to wait a few more weeks to see how that pans out.

Of course Barca could pick up and Madrid could drop form at the wrong time but again we're dealing in possibilities. In recent years we were the ones dealing with those.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 am

Of course im talking hypotheticals, that was kind of the point. Its not about dropping points, thats wasnt exactly my point anyway.

My only real point was its very well picking up points now and being out in front, but actually the last few games will be the the hardest if the league is close and Madrid will have to do something they have not done before.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:
My only real point was its very well picking up points now and being out in front, but actually the last few games will be the the hardest if the league is close and Madrid will have to do something they have not done before.

In 2009-10, didn't Real Madrid win the last few games at a stretch just like us?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Not sure. But thats not the same as having a lead and trying to keep it.

If your chasing, its a different (more hopeful) pressure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calebvision Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:59 am

Another frustrating game, as a Real fan. Instead of being "arrogant" enough to play "real soccer", they play in fear and let Barca have 70% possesion. A complete recipe for disaster as, no mater how well you defend, there will still be chances.

So, not only does Barca have the "team cohesion" edge, it also, clearly has the "greater mojo" ( which is a zero sum game ).

Lastly, I do not approve of "hand stemping" one bit!

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 am

Difference showed again today.

And if Valdes is in, that shot from Ronaldo is most likely stopped smoking

Madrid have a while to go...

Barca need to still take those chances better.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:42 am

Wanted: New challenger in La Liga capable of not losing a lead.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not sure. But thats not the same as having a lead and trying to keep it.

If your chasing, its a different (more hopeful) pressure.

That's an interesting thought. Let's wait and watch. Another thing I wonder is won't we get to see Madrid drop points in one or more games against other teams as a psychological effect of having lost so many Classicos?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 pm

I doubt it. They are used to losing to us now, they will shake it off and realise that it has no bearing on the league and that it is very winnable for them regardless of how many times they lose to us.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:I doubt it. They are used to losing to us now, they will shake it off and realise that it has no bearing on the league and that it is very winnable for them regardless of how many times they lose to us.

Yes that's true.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3